Show me your weaponz!!

Making Weapons and Shields

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Postby apollyon » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:24 pm

heres my newest sword its a red but its balanced like you wouldnt believe so it swings as fast as a blue....i have been working on how to get past glaives and backstabbers!!! i guess thats another forum huh!! anyways ill have more just replacing all my covers now...i got some new very strong fabrics!!

"when you get to heaven it won't matter what you looked like, but who you looked like." let it marinate you'll get it!!
apollyon
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Sleeper » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:35 pm

Looks mean, yes glaives are hard to overcome.
BladeStorm Guard and Executioner
Lord of the Greatsword
Sleeper
Brute
Brute

Realm: Dur D
Unit: BladeStorm
Favorite Fighting Styles: Greatsword, nothing else.

Postby Sir_Mel » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:47 am

meh, as long as they don't have friends (which they usually do), you should be good. If you can get a competent shieldman, you're in like flinn.
Sir Melannen Arqueno, The Exemplar
Knighted by Sir Kyrian Hawksword
Minister of Metal
"The rising tide raises all boats."
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword Board, Two-stick

Postby apollyon » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:46 am

here we go this is a few more that i have...included is the big red sword i think ill name it pheonix cause i liek that name the club is nightstalker and the other three dont realy have names...lol... i cant wait to finish the giant hammer i have i am thinking about putting a stabbing tip on the end and moving the hammer head down a little tell me what ya think....

"when you get to heaven it won't matter what you looked like, but who you looked like." let it marinate you'll get it!!
apollyon
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Dabbanoth » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:33 pm

extend the head, you will end up having WAY too much haft on the hammer
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Started Fighting: 09 Aug 2057
Realm: Rugged
Unit: Divine Guardian of the Laser Kingdom
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bic.

Postby apollyon » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:15 pm

yea its not glued on yet i just wanted to see what people thought of a glaive hammer.......i am just bored lol....i just finished all my covers id post pics but i dont want to over post my stuff if you guys want i can but its the same stuff with covers.... ab out that hamer i was thinking about moving it down 4 inches and putting a stabbing tip....making it in essence a glaive hammer!! i dont know how it will turn out or the playability or the legality of it but it would be differnt!!
apollyon
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Wumpus » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:53 pm

Ok, Appolyon, couple of good tips; first, write in a manner that does not give headaches (not to sound like a jerk, it's just that people like you more if they understand what you're saying.) Second, if there's a place to post pics of your weapons, this thread is as good as any. In fact, I think I'll post pics of my new(ish) swords soon....
AKA Senor Apple Empanada of the Cinco Sombrero Squad.

Keep answers like mini skirts; short to keep it interesting, but long enough to cover the subject.

Ph34r 73h 5p47u14
Wumpus
Brute
Brute

Location: The Zone Where Normal Things Don't Happen (Very Often)

Postby Sleeper » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:43 am

Not bad at all, I tried in vain to make an Astaroth axe, a six foot axe with the head being two feet wide, it did have to much haft and the flex was horrible, so I cut him down to about 4 1/2 feet and two inches off the blade, because it was bending a bit much. AND I KILLED TWO SHIELD MEN WITH MY GIANT REDSWORD!! HAH The saying that giant reds are useless, bullsnit!

And how tall is the big hammer?
Lord of the Greatsword
Sleeper
Brute
Brute

Postby apollyon » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:35 pm

wumpus?? lol thats awesome that you would tell me to write better then spell my name wrong lol but its cool......i have horrible grammer and even worst spelling so i wish i could help ya but seriously i am beyond help....also people wont like me better if i have good grammer they like me or hate me either wa by what i say not if it was spelled right...

sleeper theres this kid who wont take his shots and he sits behind a huge shield all day lol so i take my red and hit the shield as hard as i can which usually sends him to the ground....its awesome.....but then he gets realy mad at me but its all good.....

ok well then here is a pic of my weapons with their new covers tell me what you think.....

apollyon
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Dragon of Fire » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:57 pm

well, now that i found a decent camera, heres a good part of my armory:

pictured are: one of my 20" swords, one of my 30" swords, my 18" axe, my little stabby dagger, my new warhammer, my flail, my 50" red, my javelin (aprox 54 inches) and my new scythe-formerly-glaive. the scythe, warhammer and javelin are uncovered for now, i just made them, but i'll have pics of my covered scythe soon.
half elf rogue

Just tell your father you couldn't avenge his death because you were too busy getting stoned. He'll understand. |N|I|N|J|A|S|My Anti-Drug
Dragon of Fire
Backstabber
Backstabber

Postby Dabbanoth » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:49 pm

whats the flex like on the Scythe?
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Postby Feaher » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:35 pm

I have this new concept weapon I'm working on. I have put the handle 45 degrees to the handle. It should prevent flatting and when used right can efectivly take out shields. It is going into field testing tomarow when I get the handle finished. Tell me what you think.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=74917812&imageID=911470729&MyToken=f5d84789-0f48-4506-b101-625f90dfbf6b

I can't work the image tags so you need to click on the link.

Sorry
Feaher
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Dragon of Fire » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:38 am

actually, the flex isnt that bad, its about 6 feet tall, 1'' pvc, the top is pretty good considering what it is. it would probably pass for flex if the blade was tested, if not, it was fun to make. it should be ok though, its only a foot or 2 long, made of a really thin pvc, but theres like 5 layers of foam on the top and like 4 on the bottom, so the foam alone keeps it pretty sturdy. sorry i havent been able to make a cover yet, camping all weekend.
half elf rogue

Just tell your father you couldn't avenge his death because you were too busy getting stoned. He'll understand. |N|I|N|J|A|S|My Anti-Drug
Dragon of Fire
Backstabber
Backstabber

Postby Feaher » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:11 pm

Well savage, it plays very well. I will say it is weird to use at first but fun. It wasn't very efective aginst shields but my friends told me it is a * to block. The tacknique I used was very effective aginst non shielded fighters. I personaly liked it but it is only effective when you florentine, it is a bad sword and board set.
Feaher
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Feaher » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:57 pm

What you do whith it is lead with the blade bent backwards and your palm down. when the blade is about two or three feet from the target quickly rotate your wrist so your palm is facing up. Doing this makes the blade "jump" about a foot and a half. It throws off their block and allows you to just roll the blade under theirs. it will hit right in the elbow or if you do it at the right time in the rib cage for an instant death. It you do it the opposite way, as in palm up and go to palm down, it will pretty much make the blade pause in mid strike without you stoping your swing. This can also help with taking their arm but usually only works if they have started to swing and you need to let them continue through to expose their arm. I am sure I will find other uses with it as well however it is a very nuce weapon. If this was confusing just ask me to clearafy.
Feaher
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Dabbanoth » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:47 am

New Flail, old one dead or close to it
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Postby Faolan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:20 pm

Feaher wrote:was confusing just ask me to clearafy.

Clarify, Please.
Official Foamsmith of Khatovar
Faolan
Warrior
Warrior

spiked club

Postby Pey Ell » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:39 pm

I also lack a digital camera but I haved a spiked club I will post as soon as I find a camera to borrow.
Pey Ell Thri Tailz
Foamsmith of Shananananana
Head Marshal of Rath
Grunt of the Western Uruk-Hai
Pey Ell
Recruit
Recruit

Realm: Rath
Unit: Brotherhood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Winning

Postby Feaher » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:45 pm

Well faolan, think of it this way. when you have your hand in anatomicle position(your hand at your side and thumb out) the sword will be bent down. This is how you would hold it. Now when you swing, have your palm down and arm extended, then flip your wrist 2-3 feet before you hit your opponent. This will make the blade roll under neith their block if they aren't using a shield. The tip of the sword will jump about 1 and a half feet when you do this. If you swing with your palm up and flip it over so it is facing down then the sword will look like it stops when you keep swinging. If you need to pull your swing or you want to throw off their block then this works great. If you need to know something specific I tell me what you need to know.
Feaher
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Faolan » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:56 pm

That does sound pretty cool.
Official Foamsmith of Khatovar
Faolan
Warrior
Warrior

Postby savetuba » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:41 pm

My spear.
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2003
Realm: Aberdeen Militia

Postby Merik » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:01 pm

Image[/quote]

ya... im intriqued (????)(intrested) wuts the little fat one in the right corner???
other wise, very nice, i hope to get my photos up soon
It is not for us to wonder why; but simply do or die

-feuer frei!-

*formerly Valdir*
Merik
Underling
Underling

Postby Feaher » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:22 pm

I think it is an axe at the right, or a wierd sword. And apollyon, if that was a flanged mace you wanted what I would do is cut a rectangle of cloth for all 4 flanges and tape them on and cover the rest of the head with cloth tape in the non striking surfaces. It works for me and makes it look better, plus there is no sewing invoved.
Feaher
Toadie
Toadie

Postby apollyon » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:35 pm

actually the "flanges" are made of open cell foam and i have found that while it does look better it doesn't hold up as well with that idea i could however put tape in the non striking surfaces over the fabric i sewed?? wonder how that would look as it is right now the whole head is the striking surface but i think i get what you mean..the axe was actually a mistake i was told to make it a certin way but it turned out that the end pieces caught weapons so i had to move them closer to the pole.....ergo you have a spoon axe!! possibly the first???

the flanges being made of open cell flew when hit more then actuall flanges would hence the discription above..

Daedryk...love the name btw elderscrolls esk....anyways yea that was an axe it was a nice double sided axe but it caught weapons Explanation above....it hits like a feather pillow though and is soo freak awesomly balanced ever see one of those birds you can balance on your finger yea well i have it marked where you can do that!!
apollyon
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Dabbanoth » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:33 pm

apollyon wrote:..the axe was actually a mistake i was told to make it a certin way but it turned out that the end pieces caught weapons so i had to move them closer to the pole.....ergo you have a spoon axe!! possibly the first???

already gone through THREE axes attempted this way, mine have all turned out the same
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Postby Dabbanoth » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:50 pm

6ft axe, whoo hoo, FINALLY a red that passes on the first try

EDIT:
Lasted ONE practice, wood is too brittle
Last edited by Dabbanoth on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Postby Feaher » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:47 pm

I will post some Pics later but this is what I have
-3 blues-one stabby, one with a handle 45 degrees to the blade, and one balanced exactly one inch infront of the handle
-A 28 inch round shield
-A quarter staff
-And a flanged mace
I am selling my stabby though and my shield might go soon as well. If you live near me and want the stabby let me know, but I have a farly good set of weapons and I am making more.
Feaher
Toadie
Toadie

Postby vek » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:54 am

dragon knight, how did you attach the scythe head to the haft?
Umpa Troll
Men, riding dragons, throwing wolves at maggots
vek
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Dragon of Fire » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:09 am

1'' pvc with a hole drilled through to fit my miniscule pipe, it said 1/2'' but its small enough to fit inside of a standard piece of 1/2''. then dap the crap out of it, duct taped it and used like a good half a roll, then put a ton of padding on it. theres about 4 layers on the top and bottom and 3 or so on each side for safety.
half elf rogue

Dragon of Fire
Backstabber
Backstabber

Postby Feaher » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:55 pm

Top to bottom is Quarter staff, stabby, my "45" sword(very fun to use), flanged mace, and my extremely balanced sword. I put a yard stick in there to show size.

And my 28" shield. Heavy and hard to knock out of the way.
Feaher
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Sleeper » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:42 pm

[img][img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/Sleeper2006/070206-elmingtonpark014-1.jpg[/img] [/img]Image [img][img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/Sleeper2006/elmingtonpark027.jpg[/img]

A few bad pics of my giant redswords.
The big one is used holding the blade pointed down,
I kill more people this way than with the smaller red.
But it weighs a ton and I still get plowed over by
shieldmen who charge. And not to brag, I killed
all these guys, WITHOUT rhino hiding! hah!
And they said Giant Reds were useless.
Lord of the Greatsword
Sleeper
Brute
Brute

Postby Argyll » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:29 am

this is the best pic i have of Ochbrad, my 76" Claymore, my primary weapon of choice, and pride and joy.

It's about 5 pounds, but feels lighter because it's superbly counterweighted.

the crossguard was constructed from PVC connectors so their sturdy and functional. The Hilt functions alot like a real Scottish clamore and allows me to wrench weapons from people's hands, it can hook shields in close quarters, and just looks bad *.

This weapon owns in red on red fighting but i have some trouble against sword and board fighters, obviously, but I am training to improve that
Keeper of the House O Raghailliagh
Tanaise of the West
Ard Laech of the Fianna

http://www.geddon.org/index.php/Argyle_III_Salochstagh
Argyll
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 15 Apr 2006
Realm: Reilltoch
Unit: House O Raghaillaigh of the Fianna
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red Sword
Sword and Board

Postby Sleeper » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:11 am

Now that sword is a thing of beauty, and at a mere 5lbs! I would hafta fight you some day..
Lord of the Greatsword
Sleeper
Brute
Brute

Postby Dabbanoth » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:13 pm

Salochstagh wrote:Image

this is the best pic i have of Ochbrad, my 76" Claymore, my primary weapon of choice, and pride and joy.

It's about 5 pounds, but feels lighter because it's superbly counterweighted.

the crossguard was constructed from PVC connectors so their sturdy and functional. The Hilt functions alot like a real Scottish clamore and allows me to wrench weapons from people's hands, it can hook shields in close quarters, and just looks bad *.

This weapon owns in red on red fighting but i have some trouble against sword and board fighters, obviously, but I am training to improve that

*props for kickasss weapon*
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Postby Sir_Mel » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:29 am

definitely one of the most badass swords I have ever seen.
Minister of Metal
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Merik » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:32 pm

this is my weapons as of early july, will update soon...

-feuer frei!-

*formerly Valdir*
Merik
Underling
Underling

Postby Dragon of Fire » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:20 pm

um, im curious about the thin sword, im assuming it's supposed to be a rapier type sword? the main problems that i could see are:

1. INSANE flex
2. way too thin.

i only ask because it doesnt look like it's even close, does it pass the 2.5 in. rule? "no end of a weapon, tip or pomel may pass more than 0.5 in. through a 2.5 in diameter hole"
half elf rogue

Dragon of Fire
Backstabber
Backstabber

Postby Argyll » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:57 pm

Melannen wrote:definitely one of the most badass swords I have ever seen.

thanks. Everytime I wield it reaffirms my dedication to red weapons, and I feel like a complete pansy any time I wield something smaller.
Keeper of the House O Raghailliagh
Tanaise of the West
Ard Laech of the Fianna

http://www.geddon.org/index.php/Argyle_III_Salochstagh
Argyll
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 15 Apr 2006
Realm: Reilltoch
Unit: House O Raghaillaigh of the Fianna
Favorite Fighting Styles: Red Sword
Sword and Board

Postby Sir_Mel » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:16 pm

Daedryk wrote:giant pic

Aaaaahhhh, it's the return of the sock puppets!!!!

Anyways, I do like that black sword and I am curious about: one, its legality; and two, it's construction specifics.
Minister of Metal
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Sleeper » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:56 am

Salochstagh, I gotta ask. What core did you use? I want to build a long redsword but Have a thinner blade, to get more speed out of it.
Lord of the Greatsword
Sleeper
Brute
Brute

Postby Mercer » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:18 am

I'd make some comment about compensation, Salochstagh, but I'm afraid you might hit me with that thing, so I'll just say "impressive weapon!"

:angel:
Mercer
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 May 1993
Realm: Dur Demarion
Unit: Lonely *
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword-and-Board, Two-Hander

Postby Merik » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:12 am

I actually bought teh black sword from an asian store, adn it does pass the 2.5 inch rule, but only ways nine ounces, so i have to remake the pommel, adn i havent had it tested for flex, but i think it will fail, adn either way, i fight my siblings every night

-feuer frei!-

*formerly Valdir*
Merik
Underling
Underling

Postby Sleeper » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:13 pm

Its not compensation, its something more sinister..... something...... unpleasant
Lord of the Greatsword
Sleeper
Brute
Brute

Postby apollyon » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:24 pm

Daedryk wrote:

woah woah!!! how does that black sword pass?? i mean i am not saying it wont just that it looks like a noodle around a stick and that would probably hurt like heck.... not yellin at your workmans ship i do believe you said it was bought but yea give some info...otherwise it looks cool...doesnt....um amptguard?? or however you spell it...use swords like that...
apollyon
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Dabbanoth » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:29 pm

anyone ever consider the blade of the black sword is facing the camera? not the flat?
God Squad
Bill Collector.
Expose-A-Fraud Squad.
Dabbanoth
The Smoking Gun

Postby Grey » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:43 pm

well, i can't explain it exactly... but it looks round.

and it does remind me of an amtgard sword
Grey Southpaw
Squire to Sir Bulvife
Captain of Khatovar
Guardsman of House Dregoth
Grey
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2004
Realm: Khatovar
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Arkin » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:11 pm