Need a little help

Making Weapons and Shields

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Need a little help

Postby Raftark » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:21 pm

Hey guyz, i just started in the Belegarth but not to the whole foamsmithing stuff. i was wondering if it was even slightly possible to make a pair of Kamas or would that be aganst the rules? if you don't know what they are look em up at [url] http://www.kultofathena.com/product~ite ... ma+Set.htm

let me know[/url]
May the Heir of Dra'kin Reign...
Raftark
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Grey » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:31 pm

yeah, you could make those.

have you made any weapons before?

if not, i wouldn't attempt those yet.

they'll probably break all the time if you do get them made and they really aren't too practical
Grey Southpaw
Squire to Sir Bulvife
Captain of Khatovar
Guardsman of House Dregoth
Grey
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2004
Realm: Khatovar
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Gambit » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:36 pm

yah, to much like a sythe. i've heard alot about sythe building and nothing i've heard has been very good for construction or durability.

I am going to atempt to make a sythe and post pics of my progress
My spelling is worse then a martians.

see?
Gambit
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Raftark » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:07 pm

yes i've made quite a few weapons before. i was just wondering if it was possible....

scyths would be interesting. i think i could make one if i had the matterials for it. all iwould need is....

Pvc
small fiberglass pole
pipe insulator
blue foam
DAP
ductape
Brains

waht do you think of that? i might get spects for it if i think its possible
Raftark
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Wumpus » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:07 am

If you really think you can make a scythe, go for it. Just make sure you know what you're getting into. In my limited experience, people will usually give up the project for something more practical/easy after they realize how much work it will be to make a weapon that will break down fairly quickly.

If you're not discouraged, post pics cause I wanna see! :D
AKA Senor Apple Empanada of the Cinco Sombrero Squad.

Keep answers like mini skirts; short to keep it interesting, but long enough to cover the subject.

Ph34r 73h 5p47u14
Wumpus
Brute
Brute

Location: The Zone Where Normal Things Don't Happen (Very Often)

Postby Gambit » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:50 am

I will, as soon as i stopbeing lazy and get to work. and fix the stupid busted garage. as it is it only opens about a foot. and Ifinish the two blues i'm making. And get more fabric.

but i'm wondering,

I'm probly not going to use it at all, exept maybe an open tourney. That way I can just brag that I made one that didn't break. :D

might take it to get it cheacked to dee if it would pass...... wonder how they would judge it......

It's going to be made with 1/2 ince sch. 40 pvc and pvc joints covered in duct tape and glued together. hopefuly this will work we'll enough for looks.
My spelling is worse then a martians.

see?
Gambit
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Raftark » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:35 pm

i dont think making it is the hard part. the only hard part is making it useable. if i can take a ten foot 40 PVC and drill a hole in the top for the fiberglass rod. then make a blue stlyed sword blade on the fibergalass and DAP it into the hole with about an inch on the other side of the PVC hole to counter weight it. after i hook up a weight i put the foam around it just incase some poor sole gets wacked by the worst weapon ever. put insulator around the shaft leaving places for a grip. the put another counter weight at the end to even it all off and Voila you have a scythe. i just think it would not function very well.
Raftark
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Foam Smithing