Traditional bows FTW

Making Weapons and Shields

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Traditional bows FTW

Postby Isk » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:49 pm

Just posted this in archery, but realized a lot of people may not be signed up there who could pass this on to people in their group interested in archery.

I was looking for cheap fiberglass bows to get some of my guys started arching, but the cheapest new stuff in the appropriate poundage I found was $45-55. So I got looking on ebay for used all fiberglass bows and discovered a traditional bowyer had just moved into my area. His ebay shop is here. A couple of us went over to his place, so I wanted to pass along our experience.

First of all, the bowyer is Steve Bingham and he moved here from Las Vegas where he had operated as Desert Dog Archery for years. He was a really great guy and very direct and honest about the bows he sold. The basic, linen backed hickory bows he sells for $50 were well made and finished and would look a whole lot better on the field than the straight fiberglass stuff going for the same price.

We also handled a finished, fiberglass-backed longbow with osage accents and a bamboo-backed reflex-deflex bow. His knowledge and experience were very impressive and the bows handled really nice. I personally have never seen anything this nice for the price. I will try to field any questions, but I should say Steve was very responsive when I contacted him through ebay.
http://www.antirdearg.com
A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
-- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

I don't have hobbies, I'm just developing a robust post-apocalyptic survival skillset.
Isk
Berserker
Berserker

Realm: An Tir Dearg
Unit: Deshi
Favorite Fighting Styles: Foam Coated Death

Return to Foam Smithing