DAP in California

Making Weapons and Shields

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

DAP in California

Postby Triton » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Does anyone in California have any luck buying big cans of the Red Dap. I live in Santa Barbara and all I can get are the mini bottles and that is not economically practical.

Edit: My dad is a contractor and we went everywhere. The guy at the home improvement center told us that selling DAP(the red kind) in large quantities is illegal in our area. I am wondering if that is true in all of CA or just in Santa Barbara.
Last edited by Triton on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triton
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2012
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Glaive

Re: DAP in California

Postby Davit » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Make sure you are hitting the big home improvement/stores where contractors buy ****, they may have it.
House Hellhammer
Defender of the Stein
The Psycho with the Flail
Knight of Wolfpack
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius
Davit
Double Post Eradicator

Postby Kyrian » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:25 pm

From what I've seen, it's California-wide. Your best bet is probably to go and pick up the big cans in Vegas or on the way to Chaos (hint, hint) and bring them back.
"...change requires action, it doesn't just happen. Define your actions by how you think the game should be, not how the game is. The game will follow."--Big Jimmy
Kyrian
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 0- 8-1991
Realm: Andor
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery
Pronouns: he/him

Postby randy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:04 pm

some places have the smaller cans of dap. don't use the green stuff, it doesn't hold up at all
randy
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 0- 0-1994
Unit: rogue company

Postby Sluj » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:26 pm

That **** sucks man thank all the huffing crackheads for that **** pricks try online can you get the mid sized can?
For this moment ALONE was I made. Look upon your death, mortals, and despair!
I am the beginning of the end...the shadow which blots out the sun...the bell which tolls your doom...The final shred of light fades, and with it, your pitiful mortal existence! Through the pain and fire my hatred burns! You have no hope!
Sluj
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 0- 3-2009
Realm: aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk-hai an Reavers
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, min red, and glaive

Postby Laoric » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:19 am

The actually good versions of DAP (Weldwood, I believe) are illegal in California because of VOC emissions, not because of huffers. It's the same with the really good verions of leather dye and oil-based paints. The maximum cap on emissions is so low you're basically boned.

Your best bet is to go out of state or find some tiny hardware store that might still have some in stock (they have two years to sell off their inventory).
Laoric
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 05 Sep 1997
Unit: Golden Lions
Favorite Fighting Styles: Yes.

Postby Ranvier » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:13 am

I have been able to find it in large cans at OHS around Sunnyvale but that is a bit of a drive for you.
Ranvier
Recruit
Recruit

Postby randy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:08 pm

Triton wrote:Does anyone in California have any luck buying big cans of the Red Dap. I live in Santa Barbara and all I can get are the mini bottles and that is not economically practical..

On another note, do you fight on a regular basis? If so where?
randy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Triton » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Well, I've only gone twice because I just got back from school on the East Coast, but I've been going to the Sword Coast every sunday because it seems to be the nearest realm that meets on a regular basis. However, in a perfect world, I'd like to be able to fight more often than once a week so if your around the SB area and ever want to fight lemme know.
Triton
Recruit
Recruit

Postby randy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Triton wrote:Well, I've only gone twice because I just got back from school on the East Coast, but I've been going to the Sword Coast every sunday because it seems to be the nearest realm that meets on a regular basis. However, in a perfect world, I'd like to be able to fight more often than once a week so if your around the SB area and ever want to fight lemme know.

There are a few bel/amt fighters in santa barbara. more bel than amt. Nick Dekker on facebook can assist you more.
randy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Reverend » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:31 am

Triton wrote:Well, I've only gone twice because I just got back from school on the East Coast, but I've been going to the Sword Coast every sunday because it seems to be the nearest realm that meets on a regular basis. However, in a perfect world, I'd like to be able to fight more often than once a week so if your around the SB area and ever want to fight lemme know.

There are also some unaffiliated fighters in the general area. I live in Oxnard/Ventura and am always down for some sparring. I usually don't get home from work until around 6pm, but if you can travel a little bit, let me know.
Oderint Dum Metuant
Reverend
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Blitz. » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Didn't Read the Posts. But OSH has a HUGE(its like.. 30$ and lasts a long * time) Can of Dap Sometimes. And i get the Smaller Cans at Lowes or Super-Walmarts. I live in Fresno/Clovis Area.
Koom Di' Puts wrote:And here I thought the point of the game was to have fun?

Savage wrote: I find that beer often aids in this process.

Ticonderoga wrote:And if all else fails. I'm getting my mom.

Forkbeard wrote:[And]I'm going to continue being a happy sword weilding wierdo until then.
FB
Blitz.
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 10 Mar 2008
Realm: Sunspear
Unit: Silverhelms
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby randy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Blitz. wrote:Didn't Read the Posts. But OSH has a HUGE(its like.. 30$ and lasts a long * time) Can of Dap Sometimes. And i get the Smaller Cans at Lowes or Super-Walmarts. I live in Fresno/Clovis Area.

So checking out the Santa Barbara OSH next time im up there.
randy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Triton » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:39 pm

I'm going tomorrow. I'm tired of buying 3oz bottles at home depot for $4.50. I'll let you know if OSH has any larger sizes.
Triton
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Foam Smithing