Belegarth
http://board.belegarth.com/

Aether Tube Pros and Cons
http://board.belegarth.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=40860
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Rotten [ Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Aether Tube Pros and Cons

Im currently looking into Aether Tube from http://www.warlordsports.com/Gear.aspx
opinions and preferences pros and cons please and thank you.

Author:  Triton [ Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aether Tube Pros and Cons

I had one of the WS durable swords(which I broke in one day...), but the foam seemed awesome(a lil on the stiff side). Why are you considering the aethertube instead of the duratube? I don't know if you've met him, but Randy would probably be a good guy to ask because I think he has a good amount of experience with Warlord Sports stuff/ he can also give you advice with construction(as can Rev and Bacchus).

Author:  Dangus [ Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aether Tube Pros and Cons

Rotten wrote:
Im currently looking into Aether Tube from http://www.warlordsports.com/Gear.aspx
opinions and preferences pros and cons please and thank you.
Aether tubes are too soft for Belegarth purposes. Duratubes are better, still kind of hard to build a stab tip that won't shear off, though. But, that's the downside of any noodle-tech.

Quote:
I had one of the WS durable swords(which I broke in one day..)

Did you tell them? I seem to recall Brennon being pretty willing to replace swords that break prematurely. I had a WLS bat from '10 that I got at SKBC, I modified the handle, but the blade held up beautifully, for about 7 months.

Author:  Triton [ Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aether Tube Pros and Cons

I never got around to emailing him, I tried to salvage the foam, but he used a lot of glue on the build so it was a bust. Just curious, do you think the stab tips are more susceptible to shearing off compared to a bat made by wrapping, or just omni's in general?

Author:  Dangus [ Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Aether Tube Pros and Cons

Triton wrote:
I never got around to emailing him, I tried to salvage the foam, but he used a lot of glue on the build so it was a bust. Just curious, do you think the stab tips are more susceptible to shearing off compared to a bat made by wrapping, or just omni's in general?

When building with noodles or "bat fries" all the foam, other than the biscuit for the stabbing tip is stacked directly on top of the blade, more or less unsupported. This creates a stress point, causing foam to shear.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/