Foam?

Making Weapons and Shields

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Foam?

Postby Gronox » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:15 pm

I've been looking for a good source of foam recently in light of being able to participate once again in my all time favorite activity. I've stumbled upon this polyethylene foam from foamforyou.com and wasn't sure about it. Say's it's 2.3# per cubic foot. Which should in turn be usable for bel standards for weapons and shields correct? Here's the link so that you all can take a look, because if it is...I'd personally order the roll of 90ft x 55" and call it a day/year lol.

http://www.foamforyou.com/polyethylene_foam.htm
Gronox
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 10 Apr 2006
Realm: Obsidian Hollow
Unit: House Dregoth
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board

Re: Foam?

Postby Sir Thurat » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:58 am

I'm not certain on what different kinds of PE there are, or whether that particular kind is good for blades, so I'll leave that to someone else.

How long have you been out of foamsmithing/fighting? Are you pretty up to date on new and different foams/techniques (e.g Minicell; 4# foam; routed boxes and blades; etc.)? I can't really speak for PE, but I can throw out some info on a few of the other topics.

Not to be presumptuous; just throwing out what help I can give.
Realm of Carthage War Council Representative
Knight of Oldcastle
Realm Map Curator
Master Seneschal
Sir Thurat
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 02 Apr 2006
Realm: Carthage
Unit: Clan of the Hydra

Re: Foam?

Postby Gronox » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:34 am

I've been reading alot about the new foam including the 4# eva and the company even offers it but the price difference is significant, but for longer lasting stuff i can understand. If it's like the blue foam id prefer to use it for now because I'm building for two and teaching and find it easier to get for the time being, and at 139$ for 90' x 50" it's a decent deal.
Gronox
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 10 Apr 2006
Realm: Obsidian Hollow
Unit: House Dregoth
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board

Return to Foam Smithing