Monster Garb and stuff like that

Garb, Music, Historical Discussions

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Monster Garb and stuff like that

Postby Svartroxi Angismar » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:33 pm

As one might be able to see by looking slighty to the left I am a current member of Rath, still what I consider fairly new to Bel. In any case, Sir Par, myself and a few others in the realm are working on getting me all HoRdEified, one of them tall hat-wearing types to be a little more specific. As it currently stands Sir Par is making some phone calls to some HoRdE in the area (Can't for the life of me remember any names) to see if I would be acceptable. Based on talk and whatnot no one sees much issue with it, just letting my aspirations be known to the locals.

Anywho, I do have at least basic garb, and I know the realm will be working with me on getting 'proper' HoRdE garb. I just would like to get a head start in the requisitioning of materials to go about the process in the most correct fashion as I can.

What I have is pretty basic stuff, but getting other things really isn't much of an issue. (Besides the more practice I can get before actually taking that costuming class for my degree all the better, at least that's what my logic is telling me.)

So I guess what I'm asking for are the 'particulars' of the race in general and other general guidelines to follow for Hat Troll garb, and yes I has a hat or will be receiving one soonish if things go as planned. A small side note, I tend to dive at people a lot and jump over things.
Svartroxi Angismar
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 0- 6-2000
Realm: Rath
Unit: Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Hitting youse before youse hits me!

Re: Monster Garb and stuff like that

Postby Spike » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:41 am

Bucket hats with wide brims to protect your heart which is in your head from the sun. Also trenchcoats are part of their lore. The exact tale eludes me, but I recall being blown away by how good of reasoning it was. I was also drunk when it was told to me. Something about paying homage to the first Hat Trolls who in some big battle took black sails and fashioned them into coats so they looked like a shadowy dervish in the night...again, drunk.

You can start here.

Also, your name has a ridiculous amount of syllamables. Hat Trolls have terrible memories and you might get stuck with something shorter and lamer.

As far as getting Hordified, let's start with getting you just monsterfied first.
Spike
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 9- 0-2003
Realm: Pyke
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Svartroxi Angismar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:30 am

I can only imagine that the trench coat will later have things added to it, to make it more more monster-like, but I believe the Army surplus is on my way to the docs, so I guess the easiest place is to start there.

And my name has been shortened from its creation to Ox. Mostly because I am not entirely sure I am pronouncing either part of it correctly, not knowing how to speak any language that might have possibly derived itself from Ancient Norse which is what I attempted to craft the name in makes things like pronunciation terribly difficult.
Call me Ox, it's easier I promise.
Svartroxi Angismar
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 0- 6-2000
Realm: Rath
Favorite Fighting Styles: Hitting youse before youse hits me!

Postby Galya » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:09 am

Something you also might want to take into consideration is the fact that Hat Trolls traditionally dye themselves purple. It doesn't mention that in the Wiki entry, but I assure you, you should dye yourself at least once just to show your race. Afterall, anyone can wear a hat and a trench, but there's definitely no mistake if you paint up.

And before you ask, I know I've seen those little packs of neon food coloring with purple dye included. Also, you can just play with red and blue to try and mix your own shade. Don't try using frosting, it's really sticky and messy, and it doesn't stay on very long either, from what I've heard. Food coloring is the easiest way to go, promise.

I'll try to find a picture of a painted Hat Troll with a trench on to give you an idea of what to look for.
Galya Grikhunter, former Belegarth Secretary, Horde Commander, and War Council representative.
Still an admin though, because people trust me or something. ;)
Blood Valley HoRdE: Massacring the Midwest since 2004
She/Her/Hers

Forkbeard wrote:So, you can't decide if that is Galya or Par? I have to admit, I mistake Par for an old woman regularly. But Galya is a beautiful and intelligent lady. I'd never mistake her for him.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 13 Sep 2006
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: dah HoRdE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board and Bat
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby The Great Gigsby » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:49 pm

If you haven't already, join the "HoaRdE WiN!!!!" usergroup. Go to your User Control Panel, and click on Usergroups. There's a bunch of useful info there.

Also realize that: all Horde are monsters, but not all monsters are Horde(tm). And there are like, all of 4 Horde members in the west - Ikis, Zane, Soo, and Ryno. Bhakdar is a free agent or something.
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Postby Magpie Saegar » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:16 am

This was posted recently in another thread:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2459/368 ... 0fd6_b.jpg
Magpie of Rhun/Denuvald - A stranger in a strange land.
Dream Blog.
Magpie Saegar
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 16 Sep 2004
Realm: Denuvald
Unit: Ex - Clan of the Hydra

Postby Satanaka » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:14 pm

4 of the people from Iowa that are horde (i think) that was at equinox- I always like their garb and their attitudes- good people.
Satanaka
Ninja
Ninja

Started Fighting: 12 May 1992
Realm: Dur Demarion
Unit: Templar Draconis Kestevara
Favorite Fighting Styles: Right side of the Sword

Postby Arrakis » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:16 pm

Magpie of Rhun wrote:This was posted recently in another thread:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2459/368 ... 0fd6_b.jpg

That's one badass hat troll.

Come to think of it, I'm part hat troll....
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Sir Guts » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:23 am

Spike and slaug once told me that black food dye when watered down makes a really good dark purple. You'd have to ask them for the results but that's what I hear.
Guts, sometimes Gutz
Sir Guts
Brute
Brute

Location: a box inside a box that is next to another box on top of a third box
Realm: Nightfort
Unit: Brotherhood Of The Falcon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Gross Burger and Dagger

Postby Spike » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:09 pm

It doesn't. That's a trick I use on stupid douchey people to get them into blackface. I would never suggest that to someone who is going to actually take the time to learn and become an asset to monsters in general.

In summation: Guts, shut the hell up and let my practical jokes be MY practical jokes.
Spike
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 9- 0-2003
Realm: Pyke
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Return to Medieval Arts, Sciences, and Garb