Cloaks

Garb, Music, Historical Discussions

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Cloaks

Postby Runner » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:26 pm

I need some guides on how to make some decent cloaks. I have the materials and only have the faintest idea of how to make them. If anyone has a good tutorial or knows of one, please PM it to me or post it here.
"Run away!! Run away!!"- King Arthur
Runner
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 30 May 2008
Realm: Bowling Green
Favorite Fighting Styles: Single Blue,
Sword and Board.

Re: Cloaks

Postby Nibenon » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:40 am

http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Thi ... attern.htm

mine came out pretty good...
btw.... im ballin!
Leader of Valrim, Chapter of The Lowlands
Squire of The Lowlands
Nibenon
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 0- 3-2006
Realm: The Lowlands
Unit: Rangers of Valrim
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, flourentine

Re: Cloaks

Postby Eris » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:23 am

Without hood:

Make four ice-cream cone shaped pieces that are as long as you are tall. Sew them together to form a 1/2 circle. Trim the pointy bits off so you have a place for your neck. duplicate process for the interior fabric. Sew the two 1/2 circles together with the seams facing out (DO NOT SEW THE NECK HOLE!). Pull the cloak right side out through the neckhole (see why you didn't sew it?). Use quilt binding across neckhole to seal it closed. Tack on clasp. Done. Note: I use a piece of string with a marker tied to it to get the arc for the bottom of the cloak.

With hood:

Follow directions above, but don't seal the neckhole. Cut out two pieces of fabris that look like a rectangle with one corner rounded off. Sew on the rounded-corner-sides. Do the same for interior fabric. Have fun figuring how to get the damned hood attached to the neckhole. Use four-letter Power Words, pins, and maybe some whiskey to make it make more sense. Or just follow "no hood" directions and get a hat. That's easier.
There's no room for heroes in the country called War. There's no one out here but soldiers and sorry * and it's damned hard to tell the difference between the two of them. The gods of war are a pack of random bastards, as indiscriminate as hand grenades and hailstones.
Eris
Hero
Hero

Return to Medieval Arts, Sciences, and Garb