Material questions.

Garb, Music, Historical Discussions

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Material questions.

Postby Hex » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:11 am

I'll post some pictures of my garb after practice tomorrow, but I have a question in regards to the material I'm using to make it.

Before a long departure from Belegarth I fought with the Uruk Hai in Charleston, IL. After my first event I was able to procure some of the cargo netting that was used for typical garb with the unit back then (around '05 I think, I can't remember). I no longer fight with whatever group is in Charleston now. I heard the group split between Uruk Hai and whomever when drama ensued. Regardless of what happened, I still have this cargo netting and have not seen it in use as of recently (last oct. fest I saw nothing like it being used).

My question is does anyone think anybody would get peeved if I used it? I'm apart of no unit and the only ties I have are to the Mattoon realm as its organizer.

Already asked my friend Noik and he told me he had no idea. So any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.
Hex
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 2004
Realm: Nastrand
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear.
Sword and Board.

Re: Material questions.

Postby Cade » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Its not part of any official uniform here in the east.

I do however know a bunch of guys that would probably buy it off you...and if they didn't...I would.

They stopped making that netting...so its been * near impossible to find. We occasionally find some at good will...but its out of production.

So in short, no one will get mad at you for using it here in the east...aside from the occasional twinge of jealously.
Cade
Brute
Brute

Realm: Nomad
Unit: Southern Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Playing Dead

Re: Material questions.

Postby Hex » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:22 pm

That's nice to know. Thanks for your answer!

As for the material itself, I can see why people like it. It's been nice to work with. It's fairly easy to make look ratty and tattered.

Unfortunately our practice got rained out today, so I couldn't get any pictures. I'll get them asap and post them up on this thread for anyone curious about the outfit.
Hex
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Sep 2004
Realm: Nastrand
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear.
Sword and Board.

Return to Medieval Arts, Sciences, and Garb