New Garb for Geddon

Garb, Music, Historical Discussions

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

New Garb for Geddon

Postby Saria » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:11 pm

This is Aelin's newest Tunic for Fighting.I can't really decide if I like it or not, but I think it will do. I was going for a sort of Elven/Celtic look, and its not at all what I wanted to end up with, but its made to last.

Its made with 100% pure Flax Irish Linen, and is designed to be worn in the hottest of summers. It fits him much better than my previous two attempts, and he has no problem doing cartwheels in it. So I think it should work well. I put a high collar on to keep the sun off the back of his neck. All the seams are finished, and there is interior facing to make sure nothing frays. I didn't like the color that much because it was sort of neon red. I tea dyed it to tone it down a bit, but still its too bright for me. This is one of the reasons this is not my favorite design.

The buckles are low profile, and have a backing on them to ensure they won't hit him. I bridle buckles so they won't hurt as much if he gets hit in the chest. He fights sword and board so that shouldn't be a problem.

This week I'm making a shirt, pants, and cloak out of silk noil we just picked up. It won't breathe as well as the linen, but thats on purpose. I figure he can strip down layers depending on the weather.

My garb is coming this week as well, I went for 100% crepe cotton which will be nice a flowy as well as durable.

Sorry for the crappy photos, I took these with my laptop

Let me know what you think!
Saria
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 14 Aug 2009
Realm: Nan Nehelduin
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine

Re: New Garb for Geddon

Postby Arrakis » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Righteous. That collar looks awesome. How'd you do it?

Also, getting hit in the chest is a bigger problem for S&B guys than you think, especially against tall opponents or guys with a good slot shot. I'd probably replace the buckles with a system of ties or cloth buttons and buttonholes, if it were my chest at risk of buckle-shaped bruises.
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:53 pm

I agree with Arrakis, I would get rid of the buckles for ties of some kind, I think it would look more elven with ties than buckles. Other than that it looks great! *nods approvingly*
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby DJordan » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:18 am

I really like that, good job I can't wait to see it on the field.
Squire to Sir Shino
DJordan
Thug
Thug

Started Fighting: 22 Apr 2010

Postby Aelin Greenbough » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:16 pm

We hit Stonehouse Park late tuesday night... I don't know if we'll have time to throw up any pictures before then, but I do say that the garb + newly-finished-armor is looking awesome. * happy I managed to churn out a proper ring belt; the devil's in the details, they say. Too bad about my grey/green vibram fivefingers - let's hope they let the grass grow long.

I can definetly see the points for lacing vs buckles, but it looks * sexy right now, and we don't have time to backpedal! I'll just keep my guard up and take my lumps as they come. What's Bel without bruises, anyway?

Garb-wise, all we have left to do is Saira's clothes, cloaks if we want 'em, and a quick-fix tabard for our friend jason, who will be enjoying his first moments of life on a Bel field.. pretty much ever. He's fought with me for maybe five minutes total.

ONE DAY TO GO!
Aelin Greenbough
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 14 Aug 2009
Realm: Nan Nehelduin
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & board, Always learning

Return to Medieval Arts, Sciences, and Garb