Helmet

Garb, Music, Historical Discussions

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Helmet

Postby Kirk_Dragon_20 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:01 am

I have a design for the outside of a helmet but I don't know about what to get or make for the helmet itself! I saw some pics from the main website and saw a helmet that covers your head and leaves a open space for your mouth nose and everything else! Your face to be more specific and I was wondering if someone made it or they can buy it because I'm a noob and I'm planning to start a group and was wondering about the helmet since my design goes with what are group will be called! Thank You for your help! Very much appreciate it! :armor5: :armor1:
Kirk_Dragon_20
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Helmet

Postby Thorondor » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:02 am

http://www.armourarchive.org/patterns/ is a good resource for a LOT of different armor patterns. Before making armor, I suggest fighting for a little while (5 or 6 months) and then if you are still interested in fighting, making yourself some armor. It is nice to have, but without the practice you will learn to rely too much on the armor and not enough on proper footwork, dodging of missiles, etc.

Also, helmets can restrict sight and hearing if made improperly, so I would start with less restricting armor pieces such as greaves (lower legs) and bracers (forearms). These are much easier to make and will give you a larger benefit since they will give you an extra shot on places that are more likely to get hit since heads are illegal targets to everything except missiles, which you won't really be encountering much in a new realm.

Also, which Gainesville do you live at in Texas? There's two up near Dallas and one near Austin. There's Dagorhir in both locations (Austin is tiny while Dallas has a good number of people). Existing realms are good to have as resources for starting a new realm. Normally they have the experience with making weapons, garb, and armor and are more than happy to help teach you since more people to fight is never a bad thing. :) Also, by visiting existing realms, you learn to know what is sufficient force of a hit, fighting styles, etc.
Uruk-Hai Serpent Breed and proud
Victory though intensity, tactics and glorious death!

Daemarth: <On the topic of some people just can't get along> it's like sticking me and Kegg in a room... and I keep punching him in the f'n face, and someone looking into the room just keeps telling him that he just needs to get along with me...
Thorondor
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Mar 2001
Realm: Grim Sword
Unit: Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Recurve Bow

Re: Helmet

Postby Kirk_Dragon_20 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:16 pm

Sorry about taking my time I went out for a while and I live about a hour and some minutes from Dallas/Fort Worth and I see your from Austin and I plan on going to UT sometime in the future since they have a bowling alley on campus! I also found out that their is one in Witicha Falls here in Texas and I'm going to email them soon! I also don't have a car even though I'm 20 and I don't have a license so I don't really have the privilege of driving plus I lost a job which I had for 3 days so I plan on trying to get the closest one here! If what I put sounded mean I don't mean to I'm just trying to explain and I don't usually mean to make my words sound mean that's just the way they came out by typing! Thank you!
Kirk_Dragon_20
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Medieval Arts, Sciences, and Garb