Garb Guy saying hi! - now with pics

Garb, Music, Historical Discussions

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Garb Guy saying hi! - now with pics

Postby adric13 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:38 pm

Hey ya'll - my web guy said ya'll have been hitting our site and here I didn't even you were here. Kind of rude of me i know but wanted to reach out to some of the other folks playing the same kind of games i am. i'm actually headed off to an sca event this week end but its all fighting in the end...

If you have any specific garb needs we are currently looking to expand our lines and do what we can to better serve the reinactment communities.

The web site is - linengarb.com

thanks and hope to get to know ya'll
Last edited by adric13 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
adric13
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 12 Oct 1994
Realm: meridian
Unit: bloody ridge
Favorite Fighting Styles: kill em all

Re: Garb Guy saying hi!

Postby Magpie Saegar » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:51 am

I've never bought garb online, but I always like seeing more merchants out there.

The only thing I can recommend, besides the pants/tunic that you have, is some sort of cloak. They are fairly popular at our events once the fighting stops for the evening. Something warm. I'm not sure about linen. I need a good cloak...

If you want to expand on your types of pants, we also have lots of fighters who wear hakama.
Magpie of Rhun/Denuvald - A stranger in a strange land.
Dream Blog.
Magpie Saegar
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Started Fighting: 16 Sep 2004
Realm: Denuvald
Unit: Ex - Clan of the Hydra

Postby adric13 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Thanks for the feed back! Trying to stay in the linen line tho so cloaks are out - those really need to be wool. But its worth looking into on a limited basis.

we are going to be adding sircoats; roman tunica's; and some other viking/early period stuff soon.
adric13
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Caleidah » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:26 pm

Good on you, man. Keep making good stuff and I'm sure you'll find a new clientele among some folks on the site here.
Knight of Grond
Palatine of the Sons of Sylas
"But in life, the young king becomes a tyrant, and leads his people to war."
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Started Fighting: 03 Jan 2009
Realm: Grond
Unit: Sons of Sylas
Favorite Fighting Styles: Boot and Bottle

Postby Arrakis » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:40 pm

Surcoats in linen will go over really well with this group, I think.

Almost no added heat retention for a badass surcoat? Yes plox.
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Thumbs » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:15 pm

I like. have you considered anything like jackets or more complicated clothes? or maybe a hooded tunic. I've been looking for something like that
Do good recklessly
Thumbs
Barbarian
Barbarian

Realm: stygia
Unit: Gelf
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, spear
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby adric13 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:39 am

cyber monday 10% off sale! Thanks guys.

and no i really havent considered anything too complex. i am really aiming to be the jeans and tshirt of the early period stuff. basic solid clothes and a good value...
adric13
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Garb Guy saying hi! Cyber monday sale too

Postby warwell » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:52 am

I love the look of your tunics. I'd like to order but I'm a short guy and I think it would be too long.

Rufus
warwell
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 22 Mar 2008
Realm: WotS Chimera Legion
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword (with stabbing tip) & shield

Postby adric13 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:03 am

warwell wrote:I love the look of your tunics. I'd like to order but I'm a short guy and I think it would be too long.

Rufus

It might be - i have some shorter ones in the works. I need to get some model pics - the girl who has it is in FL and fights SCA - there are a number of pics of her on her FB and i need to steal some and add them to the LG FB page. they are over a foot shorter but similar styling.

That all said if they are too long folks normally just have them hemmed up. Its 12$ at my local dry cleaners to change the hem line. I did a batch for a customer a few months ago. He had a lady in his house hold modify one and it looked like she chewed the bottom off and hand stitched the hem back on in the dark. it was nasty. but they are easy to change. YMMV!
adric13
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Judas » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:23 pm

linengarb.com is top notch.
ImageImage
Judas
Ninja
Ninja

Postby adric13 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:45 am

Hey ya'll! i have a couple samples that should be hitting my door step any day now of a shorter tunic style that will be the same top notch construction and linen but just shorter and have a different neck line. it will also be the first time we are offering an even smaller body tube that will be more of a medium size vs the large and larger(er) sizes we normally carry.

i will post some pics when they get here on this site for you to look over and let me know what ya think.

i'm sure you have at least heard of the armourarchive.org? if not its worth checking out - at any rate the reason i bring it up is that is where i run presales - which is to say i have stuff for sale at stoopid prices to help cover my out of pocket expenses of the large orders i have to make in order to bring product to market. i get the large up front costs defrayed and in return offer prices thats basically just covering cost and the down side is you have to wait a few weeks before your stuff is shipped. anyhow - the reason i bring this up is unless someone is violently opposed to visting a new site to get in on great prices thats where the presale will run when time in the next couple weeks. ;)
adric13
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Garb Guy saying hi! - now with pics

Postby adric13 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:14 am

The first sample of the new tunic was sent out to a customer to field test. she has been fighting in it for the last few months. and i cant find a way to post a pic here and cause i guess ya'll dont have space to host a pic so i back linked it to the AA :unsure: hope this works...

http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=126966
adric13
Recruit
Recruit

Postby LoganSteele » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:58 am

I just recieved an order i made based off this forum thread. I ordered your Rus pants in black. They are very nice and very comfortable. I cant wait to fight in them this saturday! I just need to figure out how the ties around the shins are best used. : )
Ambassador for Desert Wind Thane of Fenrirs Kin

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin
LoganSteele
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 03 Oct 2009
Realm: Desert Wind
Unit: Fenrirs Kin
Favorite Fighting Styles: reds - Javalin

Postby adric13 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:09 pm

LoganSteele wrote:I just recieved an order i made based off this forum thread. I ordered your Rus pants in black. They are very nice and very comfortable. I cant wait to fight in them this saturday! I just need to figure out how the ties around the shins are best used. : )

if you are used to using leg wraps anyway then the ties are just there to keep the lower leg part in place while you wrap em. If your not using wraps but tucking them in boots they can help there too.

OR - i have several pair i wear that i just took the extra tie off cause it was just hanging there doing nuthin.

I have my lower legs wrapped, and wear viking toggle boots to fight in. just depends on how ya wanna use em.
http://www.linengarb.com/catalog/product/gallery/id/1/image/4/
adric13
Recruit
Recruit

Postby LoganSteele » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:40 am

Thank you for the info. By the way i fought in them yesterday and they are awesome. These things are the most comfortable pants ive ever worn and were great for allowing freedom of movement. When i got home a neighbor asked if i just got back from acting somewhere ha! Also my order came in very fast when i was expecting them to take much longer. I will be recomending this product to friends. :D
Ambassador for Desert Wind Thane of Fenrirs Kin

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin
LoganSteele
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 03 Oct 2009
Realm: Desert Wind
Unit: Fenrirs Kin
Favorite Fighting Styles: reds - Javalin

Return to Medieval Arts, Sciences, and Garb