Garb Advice

Garb, Music, Historical Discussions

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Garb Advice

Postby Tobia Blackthorn » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:25 pm

So, I've been only fighting for a year, and not even that, honestly, since we had very poor turn-out in our local area this year, and I would like to think that my garb has improved. Early on, I fought in my white linen shirt...but decided that I'd had enough of fighting in that. Well, here's what I have so far, in order that I put it together. I got the belt for Christmas, and decided to get some input.

Some of my earliest garb. Simple, functional, and nomadic, but pretty noobish imo. I love the colors for my persona, but since I've taken over much of New Dawn's leadership functions, I've moved a bit from that nomadic persona.

This one seems pretty good. The gambeson makes a world of difference. Unfortunately, its horrible for hot weather, since there are two layers of cotton batting in that gambeson. Its great to wear under my armor in cold weather though.

My most recent garb, using my heraldry colors as a basis. I've only worn it a couple times though.
Duke of New Dawn of Southern Marches

Proud member of House Blackthorn
Tobia Blackthorn
Backstabber
Backstabber

Started Fighting: 12 Sep 2009
Realm: New Dawn of Southern Marches
Unit: Cu Sith
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Spear

Re: Garb Advice

Postby Arrakis » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:45 pm

Those wrap/gi top-lookin' thingies need to be longer. Make a real kaftan if you wanna be a baller.

Also, your undershirt needs to be a tunic or something else medieval, my man.

Not bad garb, though, overall. Keep at it.
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Return to Medieval Arts, Sciences, and Garb