My new garb!

Garb, Music, Historical Discussions

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

My new garb!

Postby NessiePop » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Just wanted to show this off, since i put a **** of work into it over the past few days. These are not posed pics, they were all caught during last week's practice. Let me know what you think!

In this first one, I was in between Bear Pit fights, and was weairng the coat part open so i could conceal the dagger in my belt.

This one was during a team battle earlier in the day. The coat was closed because it was unseasonably cold for my area, and just off-screen was a turtled shieldman. In both pics i am using my buddy Davith's mini-glaive (about 53 inches total, IIRC).

War Chief of Clan McClung
NessiePop
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 18 Jul 2010
Realm: Crimson Fields
Favorite Fighting Styles: Blatant Lies

Re: My new garb!

Postby Tiercel » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:08 pm

I think the second pic, with your garb tied close, is much more impressive-looking than the first pic. Is the white shirt a custom job? I know sometimes we can't get the whole story from the pic, but it seems like it works better when we can't see the bottom of the cut. Or, if it is part of what you worked on, consider leaving it untucked only if you are going to take the coat off. This is just personal opinion. Like I said- second pic looks great.
Last edited by Tiercel on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiercel
Scout
Scout

Favorite Fighting Styles: Single Blue

Re: My new garb!

Postby NessiePop » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:20 pm

The white tunic is, in fact, more of my work, but I only wore it that day because it was fairly cold. Usually, i wear the coat and pants with no shirt at all, and the white tunic is loaner garb. I think it would look better if I bias taped or put trim on the bottom edge, so it wouldn't have the raw ragged edge there. And if i fixed the neckline. And i wear the coat open so that i can hide the dagger in my belt and surprise people who think they've disarmed me. Circus-men LOVE to disarm people, so that's saved my * a coupla times.
War Chief of Clan McClung
NessiePop
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 18 Jul 2010
Realm: Crimson Fields
Favorite Fighting Styles: Blatant Lies

Return to Medieval Arts, Sciences, and Garb