For Forkbeard - Garb Offenders

Garb, Music, Historical Discussions

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Re: For Forkbeard - Garb Offenders

Postby Forkbeard » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:25 am

Darth, you know very well that people think exactly that about me.
Many people think I am a facsist monster out to ruin Bel for everyone who disagrees with me.
You are very close to some of them.
The trick is to not care. I know I am right. Other people can like what I do or not, it makes no difference to me. I'll never stop, or get bored and go away, because I love Belegarth and I know that **** like garb is important. I'm physicaly safe from any of the people who don't like me. I doubt they could take me in a real fight if they all teamed up.
I am safe in my place in the comunity.
Therefore I feel it is my duty to stand up and tell no garb * and other scumbags where the bear ****.
Anybody who doesn't like it can eat me.
fb
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:25 am

At Gates Stellaria (sp?) talked to a few people, pinky is one. She talked to like 4 peeps herself. Maybe some others also talked to people, IDK. There are a bunch of d-bags, * about how strickt the garb standards were at gates on some message boards and basicall sayin Stell was being a garb nazi. From what she said, she's just being good garb police. The pink guy she booted, but he whined enough to get back on the field in his "period" colored garb.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Uruk-Hai, Horde, White Skull, VB
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Stygia
Unit: Western Uruk-Hai- White Skull- HoRDe- VB

Postby Blackwolfe » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:38 am

Durzo wrote:Ahem...
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!
RABBLE RABBLE!!! STOP THE INSANITY OR THIS IS THE FUTURE OF OUR SPORT!
Non period hair coloring is not an offense that can be prosecuted for by the garb police...

Does this mean you're going to lose the non period ball cap and the non period smiley face on your tabbard?
BLACKWOLFE
Founder of the Sword Coast Realm, Ventura CA
Blackwolfe
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 19 Aug 1964
Realm: Sword Coast
Unit: AoD

Postby Kurai » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:46 am

Soo Ma Tai wrote:At Gates Stellaria (sp?) talked to a few people, pinky is one. She talked to like 4 peeps herself. Maybe some others also talked to people, IDK. There are a bunch of d-bags, * about how strickt the garb standards were at gates on some message boards and basicall sayin Stell was being a garb nazi. From what she said, she's just being good garb police. The pink guy she booted, but he whined enough to get back on the field in his "period" colored garb.

Yeah, Stell booted him from the field at one point. I couldn't have been happier. Gates and the pictures coming back from them were embarrassing for our division, if not the whole unit, and I'll be working to make sure that not only is at least minimum garb seen from my group, but that **** like the pink jogging suit never sees the light of day on my field or any other ever again.
Kurai
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 10 Sep 2004
Realm: Centrawoven
Unit: The Order
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, Red, two sword, single sword.

Postby Azgarehta » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:59 am

Hey Kurai, I say if it shows up to War of the Iron Fist, we tackle him and strip it right off. This is his 5 month warning.
Azgarehta
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 20 Jun 2009
Realm: Arnor
Unit: Black Company
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear, Running Away

Postby Fangesta » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Azgarehta wrote:Hey Kurai, I say if it shows up to War of the Iron Fist, we tackle him and strip it right off. This is his 5 month warning.

Get some medical safety scissors..they're super sharp but won't cut him and if you cut it off he can't whine about how you hurt him..you know he will if he has to whine about having his pink crap. I'm fine with pink, but it should at least be ACTUAL garb. mebe get a pink dress made for him.
Say it...Say it....HARRRRR
Fangesta
Mercenary
Mercenary

Realm: Highest bidder--PIRATE
Unit: Reavers
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery
Florentine
Short sword

Postby Kurai » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:11 pm

I'm totally down for that Bard, and I'm sure the rest of the unused Team Gates Grapple will be too. We need to start acting as garb police in our own groups, making sure **** like that never happens again.
Kurai
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Black Cat » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:12 pm

Fangesta wrote:
Azgarehta wrote:Hey Kurai, I say if it shows up to War of the Iron Fist, we tackle him and strip it right off. This is his 5 month warning.

Get some medical safety scissors..they're super sharp but won't cut him and if you cut it off he can't whine about how you hurt him..you know he will if he has to whine about having his pink crap. I'm fine with pink, but it should at least be ACTUAL garb. mebe get a pink dress made for him.

ROFL

DO IT!!!
Aquilonian Cheshire Cat
Local Bakeneko
Black Cat of Ill Omen

We're all mad here! - The Cheshire Cat

The secret lies in Fandir's grasp.
Fandir? Thirteen.
Black Cat
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 May 2005
Unit: Untamed

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:20 pm

It starts at home with us policing ourselves and our own unitmates. Require garb at practices (of course not for very new fighters, but say after a month), that way when it comes event time, the new guys at least have min garb. Create garb requirements in your unit. State specifically what colors are allowed to be used as garb, so there is no question when it comes to event time.

If you are gonna represent you unit on the field, do it with pride.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby randy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Blackwolfe wrote:Does this mean you're going to lose the non period ball cap and the non period smiley face on your tabbard?

Dont forget stop shield bashing in the face, assuming his shots land, swinging for the head..... I could go on. Durzo just crawl back to your hole.
randy
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 0- 0-1994
Unit: rogue company

Postby No'Vak » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Everyone just needs to make jersey material tabards and tunics..
Bugbear
Noik

Elebrim wrote:...I question why lately it seems like we must do everything that Amtgard does or else we are no longer the best fighters. I don't think it's right or necessary.
No'Vak
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2006
Realm: Realm
Unit: Big one
Favorite Fighting Styles: Beating up cheaters

Postby Caleidah » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:29 pm

Spring Wars was a **** of an event, and the majority of people were wearing decent garb.

Now, I understand the need to be warm over a need for garb, and I'm proud of the majority of folks for keeping their garb on top of their warmth providing ****. I wasn't out to make people put on garb and freeze to death.

But there was one guy from (Khador?) wandering around in a zip up hoodie for some metal group whose name eludes me and black pants. I basically went through Bard's checklist. I introduced myself and asked if he had any garb. His response: "Yeah, but it's cold."

"So go put some garb on over your hoodie."
"Man, really?"
"Your garb is ruining my medieval experience." And we both laughed, but I urged him toward it. later on, he came on wearing a dark colored t-shirt over the hoodie. It wasn't a huge improvement, but it was an improvement.

The moral of this story? PEOPLE WILL OFTEN PUT ON GARB IF YOU INQUIRE AND COMMENT ON IT POLITELY.

Also, not related to garb, but Silly was using a Red at WPO. She kept trying to break my shield. It was funny.
Knight of Grond
Palatine of the Sons of Sylas
"But in life, the young king becomes a tyrant, and leads his people to war."
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Started Fighting: 03 Jan 2009
Realm: Grond
Unit: Sons of Sylas
Favorite Fighting Styles: Boot and Bottle

Postby Kurai » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am

This has all led to an attempt on my part to crack down on garb in my realm. The surprising and welcome news is that my newer members think garb every practice or you don't fight is a great idea! It's our more senior members who oppose it. Thankfully they are totally outnumbered. Still though, this has been an enlightening and pretty well embarrassing post-event wake up call.
Kurai
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Sidheag » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Captain America's garb is a tribute to his time in Afghanistan and the comrades he lost. He gave a very moving presentation at Bardic Circle explaining himself.

His camo pants don't pass but I wanted to let you know he's not just dressing that way to be a d-bag.
sidheag /∫i' ək/ n. (Gaelic) wolf
Sidheag
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 03 Jun 2007
Realm: DUS
Unit: Dark Armor
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board Skirmisher, Speed Red

Postby Caleidah » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:31 pm

Sidheag wrote:Captain America's garb is a tribute to his time in Afghanistan and the comrades he lost. He gave a very moving presentation at Bardic Circle explaining himself.

His camo pants don't pass but I wanted to let you know he's not just dressing that way to be a d-bag.

Grain of salt: Awesome that he was a soldier. I've got a lot of respect for everyone that has served.

But being military, he should fully understand a dress code. While ours is * lax, it should still be followed. That and the Cap never wore camo. His WWII costume had blue fatigues.

Given that he does not have the helm, mini-heater or mask (not surprising, his is all quick garb) and given the style, he's going for a more modern version of cap. New Cap is all blue.

/nerd

Rules is rules is rules.
Knight of Grond
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Postby Teej » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:32 pm

Sidheag wrote:Captain America's garb is a tribute to his time in Afghanistan and the comrades he lost. He gave a very moving presentation at Bardic Circle explaining himself.

No... he's trying to show off. He thinks he's the big fish real deal in a sea of nerd wannabes.

I know a 10+ people here that have served and have had similar experiences in the military with mileages that may vary (myself included). Bottom line is... he's still being a douchebag. He can honor his friends in a more appropriate manner without **** on the rules of the national organization.
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Koobok » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Kurai, you raised this issue up with the unit-mates yet? I gotta start saving a * ton of gas money just to start putting asses down a hill. This whole thing is a * debacle.
Koobok
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 1990
Realm: Tir Na Nog
Unit: AOM
Favorite Fighting Styles: wayback from the dur-d south.

Postby Peanut of Loderia » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:04 pm

Couple of things:

1) What Caleidah said about people being in garb at SW was true. There was one person I saw across the field fighting however who was in blue jeans and a hoodie. When I asked the herald about this his reply was it was cold and **** snowing. I then responded with this tidbit. "We make garb exceptions when its cold, we make garb exceptions when it's hot. When don't we make exceptions? When its **** perfect? By fighting standards someone is always * about thats it too cold or hot. WHERE DOES IT END?" The herald then proceeded to chase me around the field threatening to pour a bottle of water on me. I still stand by my point. Where does it end?

2)I went to Byzantium opener. After fighting Silly a few times I noticed my shield cover had red stains on it. Made me wonder.
Peanut of Loderia
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 0- 2-2007
Realm: Loderia
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board

Postby Blackhawk » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:22 pm

OK so my new plan is to shield bash, shield kick, tackle, grapple, and generally manhandle anyone whose garb or lack there of * me off.

PS. See you all at Geddon
Last edited by Blackhawk on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speed does not equal intense. Realistic, brutal, savage, simulated dark age combat is intense. You want speed, go run track!!

Making stick jocks look good since 1982
Vice President - Dagorhir Battle Game Association, Inc.
Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 06 Mar 1982
Realm: For Hire
Unit: Apollyons
Favorite Fighting Styles: S/B

Postby Kurai » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:25 pm

Koobok wrote:Kurai, you raised this issue up with the unit-mates yet? I gotta start saving a * ton of gas money just to start putting asses down a hill. This whole thing is a * debacle.

Oh yeah man, I've raised my issues with the lax garb standards to my division, Pancakes in particular. His response was that I was a douche bag garb nazi and he decided to wear his pink jumpsuit to practice today to give me a big :fingers:

The problem is, he's gone and been assured by a bunch of his friends who are vets that his garb, while loathsome, is legal. He's also informed me that he intends to have multiple bright pink and yellow bocksten tunics made. Again, to give me another big :fingers:

So, i don't really know what to do about him. Any help would be appreciated.
Kurai
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Blackhawk » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:37 pm

Tell him he is gonna get shield bashed into some barbed wire cause.... I know a guy....

Also, I, some of my friends, and some of the good people here are gonna make it our job to plant this *. Then Ima make him tell me the names of everyone who told him it was OK to dress like that, and I/we will have fresh new targets.

He keeps **** on this sport he needs to get ready to have it **** back!!

Speed does not equal intense. Realistic, brutal, savage, simulated dark age combat is intense. You want speed, go run track!!

Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Kurai » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:50 pm

This can only end badly. >.<
Kurai
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Peanut of Loderia » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Kurai wrote:This can only end well. >.<

FTFY
Peanut of Loderia
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Kurai » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:56 pm

Peanut of Loderia wrote:

FTFY

For some yes. Hell, I'd love to see him stop wearing that ****. But considering I'm part of the same unit, I know there will end up being retaliation of some sort.
Kurai
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Blackhawk » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:04 pm

Kurai wrote:
Peanut of Loderia wrote:

FTFY

For some yes. Hell, I'd love to see him stop wearing that ****. But considering I'm part of the same unit, I know there will end up being retaliation of some sort.

That's what makes it awesome!!!!!
Doode there is no dishonor in retaliating against me in the name of your fallen unitmate. I will hold no grudge, this is how **** works, I get it.

Blackhawk
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Caleidah » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:08 am

You could throw the yellow **** off the field if he doesn't cover it or add contrasting colors, claiming that he would be indistinguishable from a herald in the fray.

For the pink...just throw bleach on him. Ruin that ****. Jump on his back and drum on his forehead. SOMETHING.
Knight of Grond
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Postby NessiePop » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:08 am

Do what I do. When someone blatantly disregards garb rules, and they've been fighting for a while, and we know they have garb that they could be wearing instead, I inform them that they are not playing Belegarth today, and that I'm going to ignore them. When they get on the field, i don't look at them or speak to them. When they hit me, i ignore it. Most of all, I refuse to hit back or block their strikes. Makes 'em lose their mind.
War Chief of Clan McClung
NessiePop
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 18 Jul 2010
Realm: Crimson Fields
Favorite Fighting Styles: Blatant Lies

Postby Arrakis » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:37 am

Kurai wrote:So, i don't really know what to do about him. Any help would be appreciated.

Punch him square in his retarded mouth until the **** stops coming out?
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby No'Vak » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:53 am

Lachlan_McClung wrote:Do what I do. When someone blatantly disregards garb rules, and they've been fighting for a while, and we know they have garb that they could be wearing instead, I inform them that they are not playing Belegarth today, and that I'm going to ignore them. When they get on the field, i don't look at them or speak to them. When they hit me, i ignore it. Most of all, I refuse to hit back or block their strikes. Makes 'em lose their mind.

So you cheat?

Unless you have the power to kick them off that field that is.
Bugbear
Noik

Elebrim wrote:...I question why lately it seems like we must do everything that Amtgard does or else we are no longer the best fighters. I don't think it's right or necessary.
No'Vak
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Fangesta » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 am

bring his * to chaos!!! the only pink he'll be able to sport is :blush:

tell his douche bag * to get on the forums and see how much of a douche HE is being...not everyone else.
Say it...Say it....HARRRRR
Fangesta
Mercenary
Mercenary

Realm: Highest bidder--PIRATE
Unit: Reavers
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery
Florentine
Short sword

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:16 am

If it's your homefield he's pulling this at, just tell him to leave if you have the authority. Tell him regardless of who says it's ok, it's not ok on your field or in your unit. If you really don't have any authority over him, then there isn't really you can do.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Koobok » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:15 am

Kurai wrote:
Koobok wrote:Kurai, you raised this issue up with the unit-mates yet? I gotta start saving a * ton of gas money just to start putting asses down a hill. This whole thing is a * debacle.

Oh yeah man, I've raised my issues with the lax garb standards to my division, Pancakes in particular. His response was that I was a douche bag garb nazi and he decided to wear his pink jumpsuit to practice today to give me a big :fingers:

The problem is, he's gone and been assured by a bunch of his friends who are vets that his garb, while loathsome, is legal. He's also informed me that he intends to have multiple bright pink and yellow bocksten tunics made. Again, to give me another big :fingers:

So, i don't really know what to do about him. Any help would be appreciated.

Word, and thanks. I'll get something rolling with the Maugoths--I don't think this is a problem with just your division. As far as your realm goes, good luck; it sounds like whomever is in charge there doesn't understand the garb definition at all. You're not standing alone on this in the unit though.
Koobok
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Kurai » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:53 am

No, I'm actually the realm leader out here too. I've told him before that on required garb days we have twice a month, he wont be fighting in that stuff. I'd love to see it gone entirely, but we've got a split in the realm out here about whether or not his **** qualifies as garb. Obviously, I don't think it does and I've told him and others on numerous occasions. Guess I gotta stop worrying about losing members, just nut up and say "not on my field"
Kurai
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Forkbeard » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:26 pm

If the unit wont get rid of him, I would quit.
I wont be on a team with a **** * like that. Nor would I tolerate his presence in my camp or at my parties.
The rest of you Dag people should do that. And Particularly you AoM dudes. This guy has radicaly changed my image of you and your unit standards. He is making you all look like douchebags.
FB

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby randy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:59 pm

As a fellow vet, I really don't understand why he feels the need to justify breaking the rules by using "military tribute" There are thousands of ways to honor the dead without breaking the rules of the game. To me what he did is a very d-bag move.
randy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Sidheag » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:54 pm

I agree rules are rules and the Dag field isn't really the best place for his tribute, but I still don't judge him harshly for it. You might feel differently if you'd heard him at Bardic.
sidheag /∫i' ək/ n. (Gaelic) wolf
Sidheag
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 03 Jun 2007
Realm: DUS
Unit: Dark Armor
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board Skirmisher, Speed Red

Postby No'Vak » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:56 pm

So having your friends die is a reason to break rules?

Ok...

Sorry that might sound a bit harsh, but even real military vets don't see the justification in this.
Bugbear
Noik

No'Vak
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby randy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:01 am

No'Vak wrote:So having your friends die is a reason to break rules?

Ok...

Sorry that might sound a bit harsh, but even real military vets don't see the justification in this.

QFT
randy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Loptr » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:20 am

evil randy wrote:
No'Vak wrote:So having your friends die is a reason to break rules?

Ok...

QFT

+1
Viking rattBastard
Loptr
Gladiator
Gladiator

Realm: Acheron
Favorite Fighting Styles: Tappy Tappy
Seriously......

Postby Soo Ma Tai » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:36 am

I don't judge him harshly. I understand what he is doing, and his reasons for doing it. However I woud still ask him to go change into something appropriate for our game. If he wants to make a tribute to his comerades I would suggest a belt flag, blue with a white star. Perhaps with the names of those he wants to honor on it.
Soo Ma Tai, Warmaster
Sir Fancy Pants
Antler Up, Herd Win!
Soo Ma Tai
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby NessiePop » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:41 pm

No'Vak: I usually have my Duchy Leader's blessing for such silliness. He's desperately afraid of personal confrontation, so it's difficult to get him to talk to people about things like that. This all takes place, mind you, after multiple people have spoken to the person, after they've been fighting for more than a month or two, and after I have personally offered to make them garb for what I assure you is a very small fee.
War Chief of Clan McClung
NessiePop
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 18 Jul 2010
Realm: Crimson Fields
Favorite Fighting Styles: Blatant Lies

Postby Koobok » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:18 pm

Kurai wrote:...but we've got a split in the realm out here about whether or not his **** qualifies as garb.

Tell them to stfu and learn how to read. Seriously, there's no room in the language of the rules for that ****. For Dag rules, point to the "medieval style" requirement listed in the garb section--among other things. The rule language for garb is a little loose in Bel, but note the "tunic or tabard" specification. There's no way his **** matches either of those.
Koobok
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Black Cat » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:42 am

Koobok wrote:
Kurai wrote:...but we've got a split in the realm out here about whether or not his **** qualifies as garb.

Tell them to stfu and learn how to read. Seriously, there's no room in the language of the rules for that ****. For Dag rules, point to the "medieval style" requirement listed in the garb section--among other things. The rule language for garb is a little loose in Bel, but note the "tunic or tabard" specification. There's no way his **** matches either of those.

Bingo.

That pink **** doesn't look like garb period. From the picture, it looks like a t-shirt and a pair of athletic pants. Why the hell anyone who has been fighting for any real length of time thinks he shouldn't be removed from the field until he puts some real garb on is beyond me.

It isn't like he's limited to a tunic or tabard. He could wear a karate-gi, a kimono/kosode + hakama, etc.. He could even go Genghis Khan era in garb style if he wanted. Or just about any other culture that fits into our "pre-firearm" time period. Including a lot of fantasy stuff.

Since this guy wants to wear pink non-garb stubbornly and act like a chode, I like Fangesta's idea of what to do about him. If this chode goes to another event wearing that garish garbage, we need to get him and force him to wear a frilly medieval pink dress or a pink female's kimono. Something really girly. The dress with a corset that tightens from the back would probably work better because it would keep him from being able to take it off. Then we can make him wear it the whole event for laughs and giggles. :devil:
Aquilonian Cheshire Cat
Local Bakeneko
Black Cat of Ill Omen

We're all mad here! - The Cheshire Cat

The secret lies in Fandir's grasp.
Fandir? Thirteen.
Black Cat
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 20 May 2005
Unit: Untamed

Postby Forkbeard » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:26 am

You can also site to **** that the heralds word is law. Youre the herld, he has to go.
And to counter his, "but its technically garb" whine, you can quote the "no creative interpritations of the rules" line.
And then light him on fire.
FB

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Kurai » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:45 am

I do like that fire idea. I'll have to try it if I can ever get my hands on the suit. Thankfully, had a meeting with the high mucky mucks of my unit last night and they all agree unanimously that the pink **** has to go. So, problem solved, for now. Thank god!
Kurai
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Skeith, the Forsaken » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Forkbeard wrote:If the unit wont get rid of him, I would quit.
I wont be on a team with a **** * like that. Nor would I tolerate his presence in my camp or at my parties.
The rest of you Dag people should do that. And Particularly you AoM dudes. This guy has radicaly changed my image of you and your unit standards. He is making you all look like douchebags.
FB

If you think one lazy unknown member who doesn't even fight or interact with my men reflects the quality of my unit as a whole then you are plain foolish Forkbeard. Stop being so critical and understand we didn't ask for you judgment or acceptance. You may be upset and opinionated but you have also changed the views of people who potentially respected you as an equal in the end of this. Bad mouthing the AoM is just uncalled for in the end. I'm honestly not willing to believe you really feel a single member of an inter-realm unit reflects the whole representation of a fighting force. You might need to take a look at your own unit and see what you find, if you truly feel that way.

To add at least we have the balls to call out our own guys to the whole foam fighting community. That a reflection of our character you should be looking for. Don't worry about dude in pink jammies, I'm confident he will be addressed.
The eye guides me, rise up, he commands me to fight, kill, and die, for you only my master. I will let none survive...
Image Image
Skeith, the Forsaken
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 24 Nov 2003
Realm: Lyonesse
Unit: Army of Mordor
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, mostly board.

Postby Peanut of Loderia » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:34 pm

I find junk stabs a very reasonable way of communicating my displeasure with people. After about the third time they tend to ask why. You then explain to them what you consider offensive. This rule only applies to vets, however. New people are generally excluded due to ignorance.
Peanut of Loderia
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Forkbeard » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:42 pm

Skeith, for shame. This thread existes expressly for the purpose of calling me(by **** name, no less) out to say something about the **** garb at recent events. I was only doing what the people ask for. Some one needs to say SOMETHING or you guys would let this turd run around like that for ever.
As for your other nonsense, first let me say I understand your upset. Your all,"I'm a tough guy and I do good work" and I called your and your units honor into question. I'm sorry, but that is what it took to get a response out of your guys.
Here's the breakdown:
If you think one lazy unknown member who doesn't even fight or interact with my men reflects the quality of my unit as a whole then you are plain foolish Forkbeard.

I absolutey beleive this. When you allow that member to attend events in a clown suit and claim your unit affilaiation, you all look like clowns.

You might need to take a look at your own unit and see what you find, if you truly feel that way.

We have kicked 2 people out of the WuH for this kind of ****. With out remorse.
You might need to take a look at your own unit and see what you find, if you truly feel that way.

To add at least we have the balls to call out our own guys to the whole foam fighting community.

Name the members of my unit you are talking about. Show me a picture of one of my guys out of legal garb at an event and I take care of them right now. We (the WuH) are always looking to improve and never above reproach. I gladly welcome any and all constructive critasizm. We as a unit would love to improve your belegarth experience. If there is an illegal peice of equipment in our kit, simply point it our and we will remove it.
FB

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Skeith, the Forsaken » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:22 pm

I'm not upset Forkbeard, I'm just calling you out on a point I hold true. You can believe what you want but I need to stand up for my unit members who are undeserving of your criticism. We are not Uruk-Hai, we are the Army of Mordor. Someone made a mistake and now their division commander is handling it appropriately. Word
The eye guides me, rise up, he commands me to fight, kill, and die, for you only my master. I will let none survive...
Image Image
Skeith, the Forsaken
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 24 Nov 2003
Realm: Lyonesse
Unit: Army of Mordor
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, mostly board.

Postby Azgarehta » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Just answering to Peanut's point: I think that junk stabs are effective as negative reinforcement. Not only does it teach a lesson, but it just may remove said reproductive capabilities from the gene pool.

We don't want these people spawning.
Azgarehta
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 20 Jun 2009
Realm: Arnor
Unit: Black Company
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear, Running Away

PreviousNext

Return to Medieval Arts, Sciences, and Garb