Neat Garb Inspirations from Ren Faire

Garb, Music, Historical Discussions

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Neat Garb Inspirations from Ren Faire

Postby MorganDrakeheart » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Bukor, some non-fighter (yet) friends and myself went to the Bristol Ren Faire, and naturally, since it was all girls and Bukor, we discussed garb. I nabbed some of the pics that were taken of the Fantasticals, (many were the same as previous years, but some looked new), that I thought had garb with practical Belegarth applications.

Bodice

I'm in love with that vest.

Maybe not so much the bloomers, but the shirt is cool.

I really loved this guy.

Not so much for fighting, cause all that chiffon(?) would get torn to ****, but I would like to see more feast garb in that light material. It's good for warm events, and it's just a nice deviation from the typical velvet and linen.

Again, bodice and thin material. I like the flower accents too. I really think one could make something classy in this fashion.

No front pics of her, but she's been there for years. I love the layers and the use of grays. This one uses more coarse fibers, but it looks fitting with the more plain patterns and colors.

Overall, LOVED the variation of fibers, and the use of accents, such as the visible stitching, accessorizes (love war-braids, but they're standard now), and layers!
Sgt. Môrgan Drakeheart of the Moredian
Murder, Death, Assassination, Kill Squad - FTW, 4LIFE

"The women of this land learned long ago, those with out swords can still die upon them. I fear neither pain nor death."

"Môrgan's a bro until she proves to me she has a *." - Angel
MorganDrakeheart
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2001
Realm: Grond
Unit: Moredain
Favorite Fighting Styles: Love sparing, hate line fights.

Return to Medieval Arts, Sciences, and Garb