Looking the Part: Undeath

Garb, Music, Historical Discussions

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Looking the Part: Undeath

Postby Dagger » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:06 pm

So I've got my character concept well enough fleshed out that I need work on the garb aspect of it. At the moment, I just rock a hand-me-down personal tabbard or my nicer realm tunics. Would anyone have any tips for someone trying to portray an undead? Not overwhelmingly so, no facepaint required. Just some clothing ideas that might help add some credibility to it. I've been looking at monster garb, and I like a lot of the ideas, but it's a bit too feral for what I'm going for. Any help?
Mercenary of the Blackwater Legion.
Undead as an undoornail.
Dagger
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 12 Dec 2010
Realm: House Blackwater
Favorite Fighting Styles: Single blue, until December

Re: Looking the Part: Undeath

Postby Taxfrog » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:47 pm

I would take just some normal peasantry looking garb, stab it with a kitchen knife a few times, then bury it in the ground for a bit. Like more that a week. Flick it out a couple times when you reclaim it, so's no spiders or centipedes, but don't wash it. You want that dirt.
(Edit) You could also try staining it with like olive oil, maybe some bbq sauce or something to give it that added Something's-been-decaying-in-this look.

I have done this for a Halloween costume but with mundane clothing and it worked great.

Not overwhelmingly so, no facepaint required.

And maybe for an event. *shrugs* I may be wrong here, but if you mix oatmeal in with face-latex stuff, it makes a good rotting skin look (I seem to remember this being my dad's trick so I'm not sure).
Taxfrog
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 19 May 2011
Realm: Pyke the Ironport
Favorite Fighting Styles: Gettin' hit in the D

Return to Medieval Arts, Sciences, and Garb