Reusable everything
55%
No reusables at all
17%
Reusable javelins and rocks, non-reusable arrows
29%

Total votes : 77

Postby Jerlaine » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:18 am

sorry haven't been checkin these things. I do use a bow as much as possible. And I didn't mean anything against anyone. And your right if someone steps on it there is no way to track them down. I wouldn't really care anyways theres always more arrows layin around you just have to know how to find them. As for the spelling you try to spelling it was around 3 in the morning so it's not gonna be perfect. Sorry if I offended anyone. I'll do my best to make posts a tad bit earlier so I will think clearly... Oh and the problem with breaking arrows are the inconsiderate guys who will take them and break them behind a tree and leave them there. We have had that happen before. Also being an archer means you need to learn how to use other weapons good. cause archers are hunted on the battlefield I know I put the bow down for about a year to learn how to fight 1 on 1 better. :D Once again sorry if I offended you I did not deliberately mean to offend anyone.
Jerlaine
Underling
Underling

Postby Peregrine » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:08 am

Skorriliscious wrote:
Thorondor wrote:Skorr - along the same lines, why not let weapon checkers rip apart your sword to see how it's made? And the same for your shield...

Because weapon checkers are currently allowed to dismantle one arrow.

How often does this happen? what bugs me is when other people carry my arrows in the teeth becuse they don't have quiver >:(
something about polyvinylchloride leaching into the brain, causing slow reactions and high crossing. -Sir Beauregaurd-

Sir Peregrine the Paragon of Paladins
Thengel of Muxlovia.
Loyal brother in arms to Sir Beauregaurd

Clan of the Hydra
Peregrine
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Oct 2004
Realm: Muxlovia
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery

Re: Missiles, reusable or no?

Postby Lockesly Lefey » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:41 am

Look people. I can understand that you don't want to let others do stupid stuff with your equipment. I can completely agree. BUT..lets face the facts.

A: Non-reusable missle weapons will only end up becoming a field full of single fired ammo casings good in the next round for people to trip and break.. cause once you make them single fire.. people will only carry more.

B: The Fact your an archer and you have your own gear.. That is truly the epicness of being an archer. But what sucks? when they have people with lesser gear, or none. I have been told time and again.. some by those posting here.. this sport is neigther fair.. nor even. And in order to do better.. we must practice harder. Well.. there are some things you just cannot do a thing about as an Archer, no matter how hard you practice. These are things ALL Archers have had to deal with since the "game" started in the 1970's. Why is it we're discussing this 3 decades later when it has worked since before 90% of us were even members?

Seriously. You don't want people to abuse your gear. Don't bring out. That Includes, Armor, Shields, Weapons.. Torques ( SP?) Jewelry.. cellphones and cigarettes ( #1 victim of reds in 2008 due to being left in pockets..)

This is Foam Fighting. You simply cannot regulate what everyone else is doing. As Snotbelly said.. "Heralds are already drawn thin enough."

The Rules have been fine since the game started.. with minor tweaks that made sense ( weapon weight ) but other stuff over looked.. ( shield weight. ).

And the issue is.. "re-usable arrows".

I think we should be focusing on other things more important, than crying about broken arrows.. which you knew was expensive before you even made them.

So does it suck that you spent 100$ on arrows just for someone else to break one or two.. Yup. Welcome to Archery. Suck it up.

If I had a dollar back for every arrow someone else broke in my time as an archerin eigther foam battle sport/game.. I could Armor up Mordor for a week long event.

Sorry people. But I'm afraid I have to agree with the other side.

All missle weapons re-usable for simplicity.

Did we forget the K.I.S.S rule?
What do you mean my Freaking Signature is too long!
Lockesly Lefey
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Cyric » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:13 am

was your new years resolution to find the oldest thread on here, and bring it back?

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:08 am
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Postby Forkbeard » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Wow, this is the oldest necro I've ever seen. That I noticed anyway.
Ok, I'll bite.
You're a douche, No re-usable missles is great. Over the 5 YEARS since this thread started, it has been used at many large events whenever the Heralds feel that battles need to get wraped up more quickly. Everyone hates watching the last 2 skinny jerks runn around picking up arrows for 20 minutes at the end of every major fight.
I speeds things up and is a reasoable way to do so. You should go to an event, you'll probly see it in action. Now that you've been defrosted, John Spartan. Welcome to the future. Have a rat berger.
FB
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby Lockesly Lefey » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:38 am

Wasn't my intention to bring it back from the dead..but to kill it permanantly. It got brought up by someone to our local boards and I had to track it down. The thread cause a little bit of a fury in our area. But seeing as the post date is several years old.. that should help quench the storm.

On a side note.. some groups, and other nameless but similar sports are suppossedly in talks to consider making Plate Armor immune to Arrows.

I have found no information on this..but it 's a rumor that's reached us. anyone know anything on it?

And I'll have a side of Burn Fries and Nooblet coke to go with that Rat burger.. well done.. with extra orc spit.
What do you mean my Freaking Signature is too long!
Lockesly Lefey
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Ignatius » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:28 am

Wow, the necro force is strong with this one! :eyes:
Ignatius
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 25 Feb 2008

Postby Arrakis » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:01 am

Guys, it's important to listen to Locksley he is an important and respected member of the community you know.

Locksley, you do know that you're allowed to say "Dagorhir" on the Bel boards, right? We won't ban you for it, or even for being a douchenozzle.
Arrakis
Warning: Knows Math

Started Fighting: 17 Jun 2007
Realm: Crystal Groves
Unit: Omega
Favorite Fighting Styles: No gimmicks.
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby Satanaka » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:09 pm

the idea/ suggestion comes around ever so often- sit back and sip some JD and it will come back around when certain people want to try again.

The plate and immune to arrows- shesh- another one that comes around- each time trying to gain more support.

There are a few of these "movements" but so far so good.

hey look- Its 2010!!!
Satanaka
Ninja
Ninja

Started Fighting: 12 May 1992
Realm: Dur Demarion
Unit: Templar Draconis Kestevara
Favorite Fighting Styles: Right side of the Sword

Postby Forkbeard » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:35 am

I don't think "no re-useable missles" is ever going to be more than a situational time control rule for heralds. It really helps end battles in a timely way. Out here is seems like they call it after a battles been going over like 15 minutes. Any missle in your hands are still good, but no more picking them up off the ground.
I don't think the arrow proof plate rule is ever going to get anywhere. Maybe in dag, but I seriously doubt it.
Arakkis, eat me, I don't have to listen to anyone.
FB
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip