Influx of posts from NOT-true-knights

Webpage and Web Board Stuff

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Influx of posts from NOT-true-knights

Postby Thorondor » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:27 pm

Admins, how many of these 'not-true-knights' are posting from the same IP address? Iasis has some posts that date back at least a few weeks while the rest have been members since June 19th and one on June 16th. Just seems weird that the last 4 or 5 posts are by people all signed up on the same day with about 20minutes between each post...making me wonder.

HAIL ME!!! thread

Iasis is the only one with reasonable posts. Kingsford, Run and Fall, Cumference, Tin Death, Real, Gical Procedure, Render, Cumcision, Tain all have VERY limited post counts and have all joined TODAY (June 19th). From 'Tin Death' to 'Tain' all posts they have generated have been a pretty consistant 20-35 minutes, so I'm guessing that's the time it takes to register & get a new name on the boards. It can't be dumb luck that all 6 of them got applied and okayed for names about the same amount of time apart.

If it is a joke, it's not the way to go about doing it. If it's serious, these people need to rethink their naming ideas because it's stupid, childish, and most of all disrespectful to the people who are true knights in this game.

So again -- how many of these people are posting from the same IP address?

~?~
Uruk-Hai Serpent Breed and proud
Victory though intensity, tactics and glorious death!

Daemarth: <On the topic of some people just can't get along> it's like sticking me and Kegg in a room... and I keep punching him in the f'n face, and someone looking into the room just keeps telling him that he just needs to get along with me...
Thorondor
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Mar 2001
Realm: Grim Sword
Unit: Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Recurve Bow

Postby Obryn » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:35 pm

It's something new that happened at Armageddon - the whole Knights of Wildwood thing. At this point, there are no board policies that I'm aware of regarding Alt-IDs, which is what all of these are. To answer your question, they come from different IPs so they're not sock puppets.

If it becomes a problem on the boards, it will be dealt with then. At this point, it's a joke that's just using up usernames which probably would never be used anyway.

If any of the alt-ID posters engage in harassment or poor behavior, you can expect the alt-ID, the poster's original ID, and their IP address to be struck and/or banned as appropriate.

If you have a problem with their usernames, with their attitude towards knighthood, or anything else of that nature - that's something you should take up with them. It's not the mods' job to do that for you.

Now, with that said, if the admins disagree with me, forget everything above. :)

-O
Last edited by Obryn on Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper Obryn Stoneshield
Chaplain - Brotherhood of the Falcon
Obryn
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Thorondor » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:39 pm

Thanks Obryn. Joke is cool, sock-puppets just get irritating and can be abused.

Hope to see them all posting more and hope to see them en-masse at 'Fest if I get there :) Joke towards knighthood is great, just don't want it abused to a bad level.

~?~

PS - as I finished typing this, I remembered hearing someone shout something about the Lord of Flame on Friday night at main camp.

Daemarth: <On the topic of some people just can't get along> it's like sticking me and Kegg in a room... and I keep punching him in the f'n face, and someone looking into the room just keeps telling him that he just needs to get along with me...
Thorondor
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Sir Real » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:33 pm

Thorondor wrote:PS - as I finished typing this, I remembered hearing someone shout something about the Lord of Flame on Friday night at main camp.

And he shall be hailed!
Sir Real
Recruit
Recruit

Postby King Kingsford » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:49 pm

Well serious folks

This was invented years ago.

I promise to keep it cival,but my opinions are mine which I truely do not like most non-kingsford knights. I think if it took you more then a few hours to earn the knighhood you lost the idea of having fun. People take things to seriously sometimes. I am a nice and cival guy who just hates most knights that don't worship the flame.

King Kingsford
<well really not king kingsford but wanted to snatch that name before someone who did'nt invent this idea did>
Your Knighthood is crap compared to the King
King Kingsford
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Dr. Kazi » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:24 am

None of the people at Arm who got in on the joke actually know King Kingsford, and we don't necessarily share his views. We did it a) to have fun, b) as part of our neverending quest to make sure people in this game don't take themselves too seriously, and admittedly, c) most of us were pretty drunk. :D If you are getting all angry and worked up about it, don't bother.

But having said that, Hail!
Goblyn Witchdoctor, PhD
Dr. Kazi
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Cyric » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:44 am

This happened a while ago too, like 3 years ago. Though at that time, it wasn't on the board, just some event.

Way to perpetuate the joke that is Wildwood.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Postby Anara » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:15 pm

As far as I can tell, the King Kingsford that started at Armageddon began with a Bag of Charcoal and "Sir" Butane. I'm not sure who the King Kingsford posting on the boards is, but I don't belive he had an alter ego at geddon.

Yep, all of the "Sir" - something that sounds like a word. people are different people interested in harmless shenaniganry. Note to all the Knights of Wildwood. Keep in mind that there are ways to find out who your real board id is and match it with your "Sir" name (By the way, is there a Sir Name?) Don't be stupid, just have fun.

Everyone else, go breathe some helium and lighten up :)

I think we should knight Thorondor Sir Web-Board Vigilante.
?Anara?
of the setting sun - look to the west

Nothing can stop me now
there is nothing to fear
and everything I'd ever want
is inside of here
Anara
Brute
Brute

Postby Thorondor » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:03 pm

I much rather like Sir Runyou Over, just for my simple love of bashing. Either that or Sir Types-a-Lot or Sir Always Injured (only 2 injuries at Arm, second one knocked me out Friday & Saturday though :()

~?~

Thorondor
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SirButane » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:19 pm

:D

HAIL!!!!!!!!
(just found this thread happy i did too)
rivensky...the.... "sir"Butane..... kinda hurts.........eh whatever.....
...........................^...^.....those quotes really really hurt.....

ow....ow.....ow.....ow....ow....ow....ow....ow....ow...ow....
HAIL KING KINGSFORD LORD OF FLAME
LONG LIVE THE KING
LONG LIVE THE KNIGHTS OF WILDWOOD
KoW ~~~ FTW
BUGBEAR
SirButane
Toadie
Toadie

Postby debuenzo » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:23 am

i want to be Sir Prize
Brother of the Black Company
debuenzo