Can't reply to posts in rules forum - even my own

Webpage and Web Board Stuff

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Can't reply to posts in rules forum - even my own

Postby jessecrouch » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:49 pm

Yes I've searched and yes I understand the reason is that you don't want n00bs posting uneducated replies, but this is really absurd for creating followup questions or responses.

The "Reply" function serves two very vital purposes:
1. To follow up a question. For clarity or for elaboration of the question OR to ask it of the respondees.
2. So the forum software can alert people that there is new information in the post. (it won't label anything "New" if a post has only been edited).

I feel part 1 is very important. Part two could be argued, but only with "Well we watch the forums so closely that we'll reply anyway" which easily asks "Well if you're here so often then why can't you just moderate the replies"

I understand the security and safety factor of making sure n00bs don't post n00b answers to n00b questions that may misinform, but I think this would be better facilitated by having a sticky "FORUM RULES" post and even just mildly active moderation of the forum.

I feel this is not only an annoyance, but a hinderance to creating a better understanding of the rules in Belegarth.
jessecrouch
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Mercer » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:52 pm

Edit your own post. That's the method to have discourse on there.
Mercer
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 May 1993
Realm: Dur Demarion
Unit: Lonely *
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword-and-Board, Two-Hander

Return to Web Design