Organic Groups

Webpage and Web Board Stuff

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Organic Groups

Postby Sir Cairbre » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:13 am

Organic Groups are a concept from CMS systems online. The turn actualy comes from the webportal Drupal and its modules, But I am not talking about using Drupal (probably will never I don't like it that much for a community site). But anyways the idea is any user can create a group, that is the organic part. Sort of like Myspace you can create your own group and that group is completely hidden from the world unless you are browsing profiles or happen upon it while searching groups, if the group is not hidden, private, or closed. Similar to MySpace, but infanatly more important to our users.

Basically, What would that Organic Groups abylity be worth to everyone?
-Sir Cairbre Madøg
Sir Cairbre
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Aug 1997
Realm: FightColumbus
Unit: Uruk-hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Round Shield and Short Sword.

Postby Seiichiro » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:46 am

From a user standpoint, it's good. Any amount of control or ability you can give the user to create and manage their own portion of the website is good. Or is it just grouping users for something more than the forums? Like site-wide groups.

From an administrator's standpoint, good luck monitoring/managing the groups. You don't have to, but since it'll fall under the same domain...

Overall... I think it's a good idea.

Oh, and...

Drupal Drupal Drupal Drupal Dru-pal!

OSCMS 2007 (unofficially Drupalcon - San Francisco) rocked my fr0. I so drank the Kool-Aid.
Seiichiro
Slayer
Slayer

Return to Web Design