Couple questions

Webpage and Web Board Stuff

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Couple questions

Postby Ryzby » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:29 am

Pardon my ignorance but I am new. :)

I noticed that on topics I have made a post in there is a small skull in the upper right corner of the topic icon and I was just curious as to the significance of the differing icon.

I've also noticed that there is no 'jump to' drop-down on the index page and I was wondering if this is by design or if I need to enable it somewhere. I see the drop-down when I'm in a specific forum so was curious. Which brings me to the reason I noticed it....

The Reavers unit forum does not show up (for me) in the board index even though I have been approved membership in it. My guess is that it should show up under the 'Belegarth' sub-heading as do the other forums I have been approved for but I don't see it at all. I only see it in the 'jump to' drop-down. do I need to activate something? I only ask because I don't think I did anything for the other forums I opted-in for to show up.

Thanks in advance.
Everything is a weapon in the hands of someone who understands. - Master of Sinanju
Ryzby
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 09 Aug 2008
Realm: Babylon
Unit: Reavers

Re: Couple questions

Postby Derian » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:16 pm

Ryzby wrote:I noticed that on topics I have made a post in there is a small skull in the upper right corner of the topic icon and I was just curious as to the significance of the differing icon.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure which theme you're using. It either means there's new posts in that thread or that you've already posted in it.

Ryzby wrote:I've also noticed that there is no 'jump to' drop-down on the index page and I was wondering if this is by design or if I need to enable it somewhere. I see the drop-down when I'm in a specific forum so was curious.

Sorry, I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Ryzby wrote:The Reavers unit forum does not show up (for me) in the board index even though I have been approved membership in it. My guess is that it should show up under the 'Belegarth' sub-heading as do the other forums I have been approved for but I don't see it at all. I only see it in the 'jump to' drop-down. do I need to activate something? I only ask because I don't think I did anything for the other forums I opted-in for to show up.

I see what you mean. I've looked into it a bit, but haven't found the resolution yet. I'll keep at it and let you know once it's been fixed.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Ryzby » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:52 pm

Ryzby wrote:
I've also noticed that there is no 'jump to' drop-down on the index page and I was wondering if this is by design or if I need to enable it somewhere. I see the drop-down when I'm in a specific forum so was curious.

Sorry, I really have no idea what you're talking about.
Its just the forum jump selection at the bottom of the page when in a forum. No big deal was just wondering.
Everything is a weapon in the hands of someone who understands. - Master of Sinanju
Ryzby
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 09 Aug 2008
Realm: Babylon

Postby Rabbit » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:56 pm

Um...That is why Derian is in charge and not us Mods! Because I was lost two sentences into that whole thing... :monkey:
Rabbit
Retainer to Sir Murdock the Mad
Squad Leader of House Dregoth
Magistrate of the Rhinewood Sentinels
Member of the Order of the Eternal Flame

Sorcia wrote:Hate to say it, Brooder, but you just got burned on the national board by Rabbit!
Rabbit

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2005
Realm: Order of the Eternal Flame
Unit: House Dregoth
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Sicarian » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:29 pm

Do you mean Reaper unit? Im in the Reaver unit and we have none outside IL.
Peace Through Power

Forkbeard wrote:The rest of the groups that use extra stuff rules are **** stupid and constantly loosing their * and reforming, excpet Nero, which is just for **** homo's. And furries.
FB
Sicarian
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 0- 7-2007
Realm: Knightfall
Unit: Knightfall Reavers
Favorite Fighting Styles: Polearms, S&B, Severed Body Parts.

Postby Big King Jimmy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:04 pm

Arous wrote:Do you mean Reaper unit? Im in the Reaver unit and we have none outside IL.

I live in IL and have never heard of you guys. The name is cool, it's possible two groups took it.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Fangesta » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:00 am

Reavers are in Idaho...Unit started in May and we are spreading..woots!

Pirate based. :pirate:
Say it...Say it....HARRRRR
Fangesta
Mercenary
Mercenary

Realm: Highest bidder--PIRATE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery
Florentine
Short sword

Postby Sicarian » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:13 pm

We ve been Reavers for two years. Its a small realm...few fighters go to events,im surprised that youve not heard of us, weve had mini events before. Not causin trouble...just say Reavers of (insert realm) and well say Reavers of Knightfall.
Peace Through Power

Forkbeard wrote:The rest of the groups that use extra stuff rules are **** stupid and constantly loosing their * and reforming, excpet Nero, which is just for **** homo's. And furries.
FB
Sicarian
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 0- 7-2007
Realm: Knightfall
Unit: Knightfall Reavers
Favorite Fighting Styles: Polearms, S&B, Severed Body Parts.

Postby Fangesta » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:04 pm

cool...we're the pirate reavers of Di-Trebo Mora...most refer to us as the pirates.

Your name is actually the only one in Illinois I've seen with the Reaver name. I do know that many aren't on the boards though, we have several that aren't.

DEFINITELY interested on sharing more with you about the units if'n you wanna pm me.
Say it...Say it....HARRRRR
Fangesta
Mercenary
Mercenary

Realm: Highest bidder--PIRATE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery
Florentine
Short sword

Return to Web Design