RSS?

Webpage and Web Board Stuff

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

RSS?

Postby eeach » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:23 am

I know this is kinda out on a limb and all, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the feature on some BBs. Is there, or would it be much trouble to add, an RSS feature to the BB? I just got this awesome Sony E-Book reader that will download and sync RSS feeds every day. I'd like to take the board to work with me and browse, but I don't think the feature is installed (or even available for this particular board software).

I know it sounds hugemongous and stuff, but pretty please can we add this feature? Thank you! ^.^
Anastasia of Chamonix wrote:Horde marched to the field. Their leaders up in the air, adorned in furs and animal skulls. Women from camps chained underneath the platforms, fire-breathers & flag bearers ran about before of the procession. I have never in my life felt closer to being in a fantasy world. I will always remember that for a moment I thought so many things were possible.
eeach
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 18 Apr 1996
Realm: Stal Dalen
Unit: HORDE

Re: RSS?

Postby Derian » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:03 am

I've looked into it and it couldn't get it working in a few hours, so I put it aside for a while.

I have more pressing things (ads) first, but an RSS feed is still on the list.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby eeach » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:20 pm

Derian wrote:I've looked into it and it couldn't get it working in a few hours, so I put it aside for a while.

I have more pressing things (ads) first, but an RSS feed is still on the list.

Wow! Thank you! Sorry that its more difficult to setup than just dropping in a plugin. Thanks for the effort! ^.^
Anastasia of Chamonix wrote:Horde marched to the field. Their leaders up in the air, adorned in furs and animal skulls. Women from camps chained underneath the platforms, fire-breathers & flag bearers ran about before of the procession. I have never in my life felt closer to being in a fantasy world. I will always remember that for a moment I thought so many things were possible.
eeach
Brute
Brute

Started Fighting: 18 Apr 1996
Realm: Stal Dalen
Unit: HORDE

Postby Derian » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:54 pm

Well, it's a third party modification, but it should be able to be dropped in, but I ran into problems with it, and that's why it's a pain.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Return to Web Design