Need someone who can create a web page

Webpage and Web Board Stuff

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Need someone who can create a web page

Postby katina » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:44 am

Hey fellow nerds, I'm in need of some tech assistance and would love it if one of you could help me out.

Mistie and I have started working with a group of girls in Champaign Urbana to create a roller derby league. Right now, we are working on getting sponsors and all that happy stuff, but we are always looking for people who can help out (for free) to help with advertising. This is where you folks come in.

We want info on how to create a totally bitc hing web site for little to no dollars. Our group is non-profit so any money we DO raise goes back to help the community.

Are any of you interested in helping us out? If you are local, I would love to learn how to do this stuff on my own and can bribe you with cookies or casserole or some such. If you're not local and just want to help a sista out (ha! sooo white), that would be awesome too.

PM me or email me * lmconnery80 * gmail.com of you are interested. ALSO! Become a fan on Facebook of the C-U Rollers!
hellhammer=ham sammich
"Croquet, anyone?"
katina
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Re: Need someone who can create a web page

Postby ripexz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:41 pm

the easiest thing, if you dont find anyone (i'd help but i got a few projects and a bit busy) you can use google sites.

Once u start an account, its pretty much like a text editor afterwards, and all help you need is there, on their site.

then if you want a smaller domain, just go to http://www.freedomain.co.nr. you can get a youraddress.co.nr there.

Thats the easiest way to make a "quickie" site i'd say, or go to http://webs.com. pretty much same thing, you can get yourdomain.webs.com and u get some free hosting. you can either use one of their templates or switch to "professional" mode where you can write the site yourself, but i guess since you dunno how, you dont need to :D
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
ripexz
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 01 Dec 2009
Realm: Gondolin
Favorite Fighting Styles: Florentine.

Postby No'Vak » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:03 pm

Bugbear
Noik

Elebrim wrote:...I question why lately it seems like we must do everything that Amtgard does or else we are no longer the best fighters. I don't think it's right or necessary.
No'Vak
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2006
Realm: Realm
Unit: Big one
Favorite Fighting Styles: Beating up cheaters

Postby Theros the Large » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:06 pm

Mom, call Derain.
Theros the Large
House Hellhammer