Belewiki

Webpage and Web Board Stuff

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Belewiki

Postby Mgoforth2008 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:12 am

Hi I need a little help on the bele wiki site. I wanna add my unit to the unit roster but cant figure out how to do it. I tried editing the page and it wouldnt let me edit that particular part of the page. I tried lookin for help on the site but still couldnt figure it out. I feel like a noob :( its sad cause I am majoring in computer tech lol =p
All Hail Exile
Mgoforth2008
Recruit
Recruit

Started Fighting: 13 Feb 2006
Realm: Gilead
Unit: Exile
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Re: Belewiki

Postby Galya » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:01 am

Ah, I saw that edit and was wondering what you were trying to do. Makes sense now.

Anyway, first you have to actually create your unit's page. Easiest way is to search for what you want to call it (with proper capitalization & spelling, cuz what you type is EXACTLY what you'll get), and when it says "there is no page entitled blank", click on the "create this page" part. And after you put up the info you want, make sure to include [[Category:Units]] somewhere in there (brackets and all), and it will automatically show up under the listing of units with all the others. Pretty simple, actually.

Also, as a note of advice: whenever you aren't sure how to do something on the Wiki, it usually helps to look at what other people have done and just copy them. Clicking "edit" will show you the actual code they used, and you can generally figure it out from there.
Galya Grikhunter, former Belegarth Secretary, Horde Commander, and War Council representative.
Still an admin though, because people trust me or something. ;)
Blood Valley HoRdE: Massacring the Midwest since 2004
She/Her/Hers

Forkbeard wrote:So, you can't decide if that is Galya or Par? I have to admit, I mistake Par for an old woman regularly. But Galya is a beautiful and intelligent lady. I'd never mistake her for him.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 13 Sep 2006
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: dah HoRdE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board and Bat
Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Belewiki

Postby Mgoforth2008 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:01 pm

thanks dude u have no idea lol god bless u and good fighting
All Hail Exile