Wiki prob

Webpage and Web Board Stuff

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Wiki prob

Postby Ignatius » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:32 pm

On the main page for the geddon you can click on the link and get to the community portal page. On the left hand side under navigation the link for community portal goes nowhere. Not sure how to edit that bar so I thought I'd let someone more familiar know. Thanks.
Ignatius
Warrior
Warrior

Started Fighting: 25 Feb 2008

Re: Wiki prob

Postby Galya » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:53 am

Fixed. It was just off by a missed capital P. I redirected it. Easy peasy. :)
Galya Grikhunter, former Belegarth Secretary, Horde Commander, and War Council representative.
Still an admin though, because people trust me or something. ;)
Blood Valley HoRdE: Massacring the Midwest since 2004
She/Her/Hers

Forkbeard wrote:So, you can't decide if that is Galya or Par? I have to admit, I mistake Par for an old woman regularly. But Galya is a beautiful and intelligent lady. I'd never mistake her for him.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 13 Sep 2006
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: dah HoRdE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board and Bat
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Ignatius » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:36 pm

Thanks. If it's not too hard how did you edit the side bar? For that matter how do you edit some of the super huge lists. For example, my name isn't in the people catagory, yet when I try to edit the page it gives me a large edit box with "The Fighters of [[Belegarth]]" as the only script.

Thanks Galya, you rock!
Ignatius
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Galya » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:44 pm

I just clicked on it and there was an option to "edit this page". I simply redirected the "Community portal" to "Community Portal".

And about that, all you have to do is add the line [[Category:People]] to the top of your page and it will automatically add you to the list. That's how categories work. You don't edit the page itself, you edit yours.
Galya Grikhunter, former Belegarth Secretary, Horde Commander, and War Council representative.
Still an admin though, because people trust me or something. ;)
Blood Valley HoRdE: Massacring the Midwest since 2004
She/Her/Hers

Forkbeard wrote:So, you can't decide if that is Galya or Par? I have to admit, I mistake Par for an old woman regularly. But Galya is a beautiful and intelligent lady. I'd never mistake her for him.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 13 Sep 2006
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: dah HoRdE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board and Bat
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Ignatius » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Excellent. Thank you, I'm not the hippest with all dat mumbo jumbo. For me to figure that out would have taken a bunch of trial and error and some ungentlemanly language. :angel:
Ignatius
Warrior
Warrior

Return to Web Design