PM issue

Webpage and Web Board Stuff

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

PM issue

Postby Olos » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:10 pm

So, Derian you probably saw this, but rather than continue to spam PMs to all of the moderators on this forum, I'll post it here.

When I go to write a PM, it automatically puts in the "groups section" "Belegarth Officers". I don't know why it's doing that, and I am unable to delete it from there. I tried creating PMs by going through the PM tab, clicking the link in people's posts, clicking the link in people's profiles, etc etc. I've tried doing this with 5-10 random people on the boards, and it comes up the same.

To all of the people that got the spam PM's, if you read this, sorry bout that. I'm not going to be replying to them when it'll just create more spam for everyone.

Thanks,
Olos
Brother of the Black Company!
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Re: PM issue

Postby Derian » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:28 pm

'Belegarth: Officers' should be listed in the groups section because the 'group' section is only a listing of the groups that are available to receive PMs. The officers group is the only such group.

The important part is the 'To:' field. Click the PM button on my post and note how it says only 'Derian' in the To: field. Now try highlighting 'Belegarth: Officers' and clicking 'Add [To]'. It should show up in the 'To:' field now.

Basically, the only recipients of the PM will be the people contained in the 'To:' field even though the officers group might show in the left.
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Re: PM issue

Postby Olos » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:08 am

K, thanks for the quick reply, I must have accidentally added it there, don't remember doing so, but eh, oh well. Sorry again for the spam.
Brother of the Black Company!
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Return to Web Design