Poll ended at Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:30 am

The OLD site.
9%
The NEW site.
91%

Total votes : 11

Numenor Site: The future?

Postby OX » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:30 am

Alright, Borric and I were discussing what I should do with the Numenor site. The old one [http://www.numenor.info] or the new one I'm already working on? That sort of thing. A few people have seen the previews and I've had more people sound in favor of the new one than the old. So, I'd like to ask Belegarth at large...

Option 1 : The Old Site
URL: http://www.numenor.info
Pros: It already exists and just needs some content (which I'm waiting to receive from Kegg).
Cons: Essentially, its the Uruk-Hai site moved around and colors changed. I hate the copy-cat format I used and I don't think its clean, refined, or original. I also lack the motivation to work on this site due to these reasons.
Contested: According to Borric, the color scheme is also better. I disagree, but that's probably because I'm really getting sick of blue, grey, and black for every other site I design...

Option 2 : The New Site
URL: http://www.numenor.info/preview.jpg (PREVIEW GRAPHIC)
Pros: Almost completely original site (minor concept ideas from my development of the Heidoran site and also from Winfang's Belegarth site, but pretty much VERY original for me). Streamlined setup.
Cons: The concept graphic is all I can show right now. I'm approaching completion on the full concept and will be able to set it up quickly, but the simple fact is that quickly isn't now. Yet ANOTHER graphic of Brutus (statement made by others, not myself).
Contested: Again, the color scheme. I'm really tired of working with black and blue. And red and black were what I used for the Uruk-Hai site. Wanted something different...and no pastels.

Vote and please let me know what you think. And realize that the preview for the new site is rather rough and doesn't reflect a few of my newer modifications (particularly the edges of that star...just looks nasty in that graphic). Thanks.
Wilhelm OXenstein
Warleader - Webforge - Overfed Bovine
OX
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 20 Sep 2002
Unit: Uruk-Hai

Postby Winfang » Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:25 am

Well if you ever got on AIM, I would have answered you by now!!! You're always on AWAY!

The layout looks nice. I like to see some text on there so I could see how it all flows togther. Plus, where is the menu going to be???
Cniht Wigthegn of Avalon
Syr Winfang of Avalon

Concentrate...feel the Force flow. Through the Force, crazy **** you will see.
Winfang
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Nov 1995
Realm: Avalon
Unit: EBF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword/Shield

Postby Sgt. Kiff Skitterzz » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:58 am

I'm all for the newer site, very nice. :goblin:
Sgt. Kiff Skitterzz ...
Militia Div II
First Sergeant of the Pretties.
Sgt. Kiff Skitterzz
Grunt
Grunt

RE: Meh

Postby Calarn the Black » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:52 pm

Do what you will, Ox...they both looked alright to me. The new one has some fun effects, too.
Sir Calarn the Black
Knight Lt. of House Dregoth
Knight of Tir Asleen
Calarn the Black
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0-10-2002
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: House Dregoth
Favorite Fighting Styles: Blue and Board
Pronouns: He/Him

Return to Web Design