Helmsman calls the shot.

Topics For Experienced Members

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Helmsman calls the shot.

Postby Sir Cairbre » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:41 am

I was just thinking about it over the years I have worn a helm before. And I have been shot in the helm and called dead by the archer, of course the standard reply from me is "Armor". So is calling armor technicaly breaking the, archers can call their shots rule. I doubt anyone would ever get mad at someone calling armor on a head shot absorbed by armor, but if they are dumb enough to call you dead when they shoot you in your helm covered head.
Sir Cairbre
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 01 Aug 1997
Realm: FightColumbus
Unit: Uruk-hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Round Shield and Short Sword.

Postby Kage » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:46 pm

I would have to say that it is the helmed persons call not the archer. There is no way that the archer would be able to tell whether or not the arrow hit the person in the eye or some other exposed place. Also the heralds should be on top of that as well and repremand the archer for the call and tell him/her to watch their calls.
Kage
21st Knight of the Highlands of Chaos
Ebonhold
Coffee with Kage
Kage
Slayer
Slayer

Realm: Ebonhold

Postby Syrus » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:53 pm

Well, sadly there isn't a lot of leeway in the BOW for arguing with archers. All you can do is talk to the archer later. If someone came to me with the situation described, I would call the helmsman dead (he'll be up in three minutes anyway) and have a SERIOUS discussion with the archer. Make sure that the archers in the realm understand all the protection that helms give BEFORE they can use a bow in the realm.
Shah-Syrus Of Horse Grave Horde
Master of the Crotch-Block.

HORDE WIN, *!
Syrus
Berserker
Berserker

Return to Rules Discussion And Development