rock slinging thing

Topics For Experienced Members

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

rock slinging thing

Postby Koom Di' Puts » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:07 pm

Ok... I have revisited the sling-shot posts made famous by the idiot briging a sling-shot to play test at spring wars, that went pretty well.

Now the sling shot was flung right out after a heated discussion that led to realism/period. (I'm still waiting on the historic troll bone guys)

On a different front I have been working on different was of making lacross (sp) sets all foamed up. I don't believe slings/ staff slings safe. Thats why I went this route.
Now going a little further. Thats a stick, foamed up with a net. I'm still working on a playtestable one.
What I would like some feed back on is that with a net it could be considered entangling by those lovely weapon checking people at certain events.
aside from that note, would a... bear with me now... Tenniss racket type device all foamed up with net exposed work? I am going to make a few different play testable ones. I know the lacross would be iffy due to the net. The "Tennis Racket" Would be bad also... I am going to try on with either cloth or thin leather spread over that net to counter that.

Any Ideas, complaints, comments
Koom Di' Puts
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 17 Sep 2000
Realm: Dur D
Unit: Secret
Favorite Fighting Styles: Koom

Postby Syrus » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:32 pm

Well, the lacrosse stick could possibly be made safe (as an example) by removing part of the loop (so no hands could get stuck inside the loop) and replacing the net with a piece of leather shaped like a scoop.

As for the tennis racket, I was using my axe like that at Equinox. It seemed rather safe...
Shah-Syrus Of Horse Grave Horde
Master of the Crotch-Block.

HORDE WIN, *!
Syrus
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Koom Di' Puts » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:48 am

Would it pass with tight netting (Too small for fingers) or would I have to go with the leather I mentioned above?
Koom Di' Puts
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 17 Sep 2000
Realm: Dur D
Unit: Secret
Favorite Fighting Styles: Koom

Postby Kyrax » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:56 pm

It would probably only pass as an exception, not according to particular rules. So your best advice is to talk to your local realm's weapons checkers and Heralds and see how they'd prefer that you go.
Come to a California event, we only bite when we're Zombies!

Ignore Kyrax, he's old and slow.
Kyrax
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 30 May 1987
Realm: Pelargir-Mallenorod
Unit: Brotherhood of Mithris
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery

Return to Rules Discussion And Development