Marshall Training

Topics For Experienced Members

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Marshall Training

Postby vek » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:14 pm

I was wondering who was actually interested in this idea and what people consider are the pro's and con's. I know this has been done before, but I want to have a more organized presentation before it goes before war council again. I also thought that I might try to take surveys at events to try to find out what fighters are looking for in Marshals and what they expect at different situations, less strict pick up battles, or more focus on tourneys, stuff like that.
Umpa Troll
Men, riding dragons, throwing wolves at maggots
vek
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Big King Jimmy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:24 am

http://belegarth.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=17009&

I'd really like to see this revived.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby vek » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:20 pm

Nice post Big Jimmy, I noticed something in it, it stated that if a weapon on the field comes into question the Marshal will review whether or not it is safe. I think that as a national Marshal they must have the credentials of a WCW, CPC, and Passed Marshal training. This way when they go home they can be the ones that can show the rest of the realm every thing. If some one wants to be only a CWC, then that individual will focus on that, or CPC. The most knowledgeable has to be the marshals.

I noticed an issue was the different Realm standards as to what passes and what fails, we need to decide a national standard. For example, when the first CWC's are trained, we must agree what is acceptable for Inter Realm events as far as the weapons stiffness is concerned. its difficult to talk about this with out actually trying it, but we can find common ground at events for what is acceptable.

Alot of the Questions Dow brought up are things we need to consider, but were mostly answered in Jimmy's post.
Umpa Troll
Men, riding dragons, throwing wolves at maggots
vek
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Big King Jimmy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:12 pm

There really is no reliable way to test a weapons stiffness without machinery and hurting the weapon. And some crazy math. A machine could squish the weapon and measure resistance, but a person can't.

Plus, as I've said in other posts, this game is cell based. Belegarth national doesn't tell your group how to fight, merely offers suggestions. Some realms hit harder than others. The only truly NATIONAL events are Chaos Wars and 'Geddon, everything else is run by a specific realm, who has sole descretion over what passes and what fails.
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra