Grabbing the Chain of a Flail?

Topics For Experienced Members

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Re: Grabbing the Chain of a Flail?

Postby Aegis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:14 pm

3.7.5. Gripping the striking surface of an opponents Weapon results in the disabling of that limb.

ok this says you cant grab the striking surface, and before you try to twist this back into a hey they rules dont say i cant kick you in the teeth argument, if you couldnt grab the nonstriking surface then the rule would be uttterly pointless as written and should instead read, Gripping an opponents Weapon results in the disabling of that limb.

Even playing Devils Advocate, I still personally believe that grabbing the chain should result in death. not an arm, death.

I beleve that any action that results in the direct destruction of weapons should be instant death.
Aegis
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Mercer » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:48 pm

I'm fully behind that. I also don't agree with the "can't grab a weapon anywhere because of rules nitpicking", I was just holding it up what kind of BS opening the legalistic interpretation of our (purposefully loose) rules set.
Mercer
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 01 May 1993
Realm: Dur Demarion
Unit: Lonely *
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword-and-Board, Two-Hander

Postby debuenzo » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:45 pm

Mercer wrote:Here's a thing, since the legalist interpretation has reared its head: where does it say in the rules that you may grab a weapon at all?

seems to me the BoW is more about what you CANNOT/ SHOULD NOT do

not a list of all potential legal manuevers
i do think that the "herald can call safety issue & no loop-holes" rule accomodates for something like this

therefore, as a herald, it seems you could say "dont do that, it's unsafe to a weapon"
before you should say, "BoW does not specifically allow it" or "you're not Ninja, take arm strike!"

again, not a huge proponent of grabbing flail chains, but don't want people assuming too much as far as rules go
Brother of the Black Company
debuenzo
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 30 Aug 2003
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Black Company
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and shield

Previous

Return to Rules Discussion And Development