Poll: Why you Wear Armor (Re: Green vs Blue discussion)

Topics For Experienced Members

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Why do you - OR - why would you primarily wear armor?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Personal / Aesthetic reasons (RP, looks cool, I like making it, admiration of Belegrim. I would wear armor even with no bonuses at all).
50%
It gives me (an) extra hit(s) against blue weapon strikes and opponents have to really consider how to approach me, giving me an edge while they think.
50%
It gives me (an) extra hit(s) against blue weapon strikes and can keep me in the fight longer / make up for mistakes or lower skill.
No votes
It gives me complete immunity to single handed stabs and I like being able to completely nullify a type of attack.
No votes
I appreciate the min/max ability of lightweight armors for in-game advantage with minimal in-game cost (speed, grappling, etc).
No votes
I would change the amount, type, and/or frequency of wearing armor if the current rules are changed to the current discussion.
No votes
I would not wear armor if the current rules are changed to the current discussion.
No votes

Total votes : 2

Poll: Why you Wear Armor (Re: Green vs Blue discussion)

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:25 pm

The ongoing discussion over Green vs Blue damage and how it will affect the wearing of armor has brought up a lot of interesting points.

This poll is intended to give statistical backing to any of the arguments being brought forth. You may select up to two (2) options in order to convey your thoughts as accurately as possible.

This poll can't be all-inclusive and I apologize for shortcomings. Please leave arguing and discussion to PM's or the other threads. If you wish to explain your vote then so be it, but don't turd it up.

Poll is open for 7 days.
Remy the Wroth wrote:Just don't call it boffing/boffering. That's not what we do. We fight. With swords. To the sorta-death. I can't stand it when someone says boffering. Plus is means sexin' in the UK.

RIP Surt, Adunakhor of Barad'dun
Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 20 May 2009
Realm: An Tir Dearg - Realm Leader
Unit: War Wolves of An Tir Dearg
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, spear, longsword

Re: Poll: Why you Wear Armor (Re: Green vs Blue discussion)

Postby Tiberius Claudius » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:27 pm

Awesome, voting appears broken.

I choose option 1 and 3
Remy the Wroth wrote:Just don't call it boffing/boffering. That's not what we do. We fight. With swords. To the sorta-death. I can't stand it when someone says boffering. Plus is means sexin' in the UK.

RIP Surt, Adunakhor of Barad'dun
Tiberius Claudius
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 20 May 2009
Realm: An Tir Dearg - Realm Leader
Unit: War Wolves of An Tir Dearg
Favorite Fighting Styles: S&B, spear, longsword

Re: Poll: Why you Wear Armor (Re: Green vs Blue discussion)

Postby Thorondor » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:37 am

Whee, go voting tool! Maybe that's something Derian can fix for us. I choose 1 & 2 personally. I like the edge it gives me when people think about trying to get me twice...but I'd wear it because of the looks alone since I did put so much time into the armor.
Uruk-Hai Serpent Breed and proud
Victory though intensity, tactics and glorious death!

Daemarth: <On the topic of some people just can't get along> it's like sticking me and Kegg in a room... and I keep punching him in the f'n face, and someone looking into the room just keeps telling him that he just needs to get along with me...
Thorondor
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Mar 2001
Realm: Grim Sword
Unit: Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Short Recurve Bow

Return to Rules Discussion And Development