BoW Punctuation, Grammar, Spelling Errors

Topics For Experienced Members

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

BoW Punctuation, Grammar, Spelling Errors

Postby Akroth » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:09 am

Going forward, I would like to suggest giving the webmaster the ability to correct minor grammar/spelling issues in the BoW without a vote for the change.

Punctuation, grammar, spelling issues that I am aware of:

3.2.2. Unarmed punches and kicks directed at other combatants. combatants' bodies.

3.5.1. Class 1 (one-handed, swung) weapons cause one hit to a target area. Any Class 1 or Class 2 weapon swung with one hand, no matter the length, is a Class 1 weapon. Class 1 weapons swung with two hands causes cause one hit to a target area.

3.5.3. Class 3 (thrusting) weapons wielded one-handed cause one hit of damage to an unarmored target area, and have no affect effect against an armored area.

3.5.3.2. Combatants striking with a two handed stab should call “Double” as they strike. See 3.5.2.1. For for two-handed definition.

5.2. Minimum garb is the basic requirements for all participants. Minimum garb is defined as:
Ranting about the BoW so you don't have to.
More rants here: http://board.belegarth.com/viewforum.php?f=66
Akroth
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 19 Apr 2009
Realm: Thunder Guard
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, spear

Re: BoW Punctuation, Grammar, Spelling Errors

Postby Reverend » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Holy ****, can you imagine the firestorm of **** if someone, let alone me, disagrees with the defining or reading of the rules with someone else's interpretation of a word?
Oderint Dum Metuant
Reverend
Slayer
Slayer

Re: BoW Punctuation, Grammar, Spelling Errors

Postby Akroth » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:42 am

Reverend wrote:Holy ****, can you imagine the firestorm of **** if someone, let alone me, disagrees with the defining or reading of the rules with someone else's interpretation of a word?

Nothing I posted above is "interpretation of a word". It's a matter of using the English language properly.

None of the changes above will significantly impact the rules - Can you really argue that there's a reason to not make the rules a little cleaner by having punctuation in the right spots and words that are spelled correctly?
Ranting about the BoW so you don't have to.
More rants here: http://board.belegarth.com/viewforum.php?f=66
Akroth
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 19 Apr 2009
Realm: Thunder Guard
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and board, spear

Return to Rules Discussion And Development