Poll ended at Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:29 pm

Yes
54%
No
46%

Total votes : 24

Should we merge the two rules forums?

Postby Jikanta » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:29 pm

Is this working better or should we revert to the single forum?

This poll will run for 2 weeks.
Last edited by Jikanta on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jikanta
Doesn't like funny ranks given to her...

Realm: Dur-Demarion

Postby Kyrax » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:14 pm

We should probably revert to the single forum, if for no other reason than to simplify things. That would also mean taking away the posting restrictions, but that should be okay as most people are reasonably prudent about what they say there. I would encourage a little vigilance from the moderators just to make sure that wrong answers or ones with critical elements left out are not postedby well intentioned folks.
Come to a California event, we only bite when we're Zombies!

Ignore Kyrax, he's old and slow.
Kyrax
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 30 May 1987
Realm: Pelargir-Mallenorod
Unit: Brotherhood of Mithris
Favorite Fighting Styles: Archery

Postby Freyson » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:12 pm

No. Merging would make things more complicated by allowing people to give even more wrong information about the rules. Even some of those with permission to post answers in the rules question forum are still posting incorrect answers (though not too often). Merging the two forums would increase the already huge amount of misinformation out there by removing the one place where people can be reasonably confident of getting a correct answer.
Freyson
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Forkbeard » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:21 am

Yes, they should merge. The people wrho were causing most of the problems have been gone along time. The extra forum isn't needed anymore.
FB
Warlord of the Western Uruk-Hai

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Forkbeard
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 15 Jun 2000
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Western Uruk Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Just the Tip

Postby Chicken » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:52 am

What's actually gained by merging the forums back together? People who ask questions can easily ask follow-ups, and that's handy. More people can respond... which I don't think really helps anything. Questions in the "Rules Questions" forum seem to get answered pretty quickly and competently right now, and it doesn't seem like it'd help new folks to ask a simple question and get half a dozen nearly identical answers. I've certainly come around to the idea of having a little bit of the board cordoned off to just address the needs of people with relatively straightforward rules questions.
Wikified
Squire to Sir Kyrian; Commander, Clan of the Hydra
"There is only one appropriate attack for all polearms, and that is the thrust."
Antonio Manciolino, Opera Nova, 1531
Chicken
Slayer
Slayer

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2001
Unit: Clan of the Hydra - Iron Crown
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear &c.

Postby Chicken » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:55 am

Forkbeard wrote:Yes, they should merge. The people wrho were causing most of the problems have been gone along time. The extra forum isn't needed anymore.
FB

Also, I don't think this is a very sound argument. It assumes that the people who caused problems and are gone are the only ones who did or would, and that no new people will come along and recreate the original situation. If there's no harm in leaving things as they are, why not do so with the knowledge that you'll continue to prevent problems that happened in the past?
Wikified
Squire to Sir Kyrian; Commander, Clan of the Hydra
"There is only one appropriate attack for all polearms, and that is the thrust."
Antonio Manciolino, Opera Nova, 1531
Chicken
Slayer
Slayer

Unit: Clan of the Hydra - Iron Crown
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear &c.

Postby Cyric » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:50 am

Aside from a few people and some regional differences in rules, i think it's still a good idea to keep 2 different forums. That way there is still a place for people to go to get an answer without wading through pages of post about why the rule is good or why it should be different.
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Postby Obryn » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:25 am

I kind of want to keep good advice separate from bad advice.
Keeper Obryn Stoneshield
Chaplain - Brotherhood of the Falcon
Obryn
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Donal » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:55 pm

Yes, I think we should merge back to one to simplify things. I don't speak up often but when I see particular subjects or topics that I feel need to be addressed I don't want to have to get permission to reply. If we feel that there is to much wrong information circulating about rules then we should have certain people designated that are the "rule mongers". Everyone will know when they quote a rule then it's official. This way when someone is talking out of their * we can all ignore it. :target:
Donal
Monkey
Monkey

Started Fighting: 0- 9-1988
Realm: outcast
Unit: EBF
Favorite Fighting Styles: Glaive

Postby Brutus » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:30 am

If we feel that there is to much wrong information circulating about rules then we should have certain people designated that are the "rule mongers"

Maybe we could set up like a separate forum that only those "rule mongers" have permission to reply in...

I don't speak up often but when I see particular subjects or topics that I feel need to be addressed I don't want to have to get permission to reply.

It will take you about 2 minutes to complete the test, then you never have to ask permission or anything else ever again. The current setup is working fine, why would we want to change it? Do you guys really remember what it was like before? Think about how it must have been for a newbie who didn't know that half the answers he was getting were total bull.
Brutus
Only .3% Short Of Perfect
Only .3% Short Of Perfect

Started Fighting: 0- 8-1999
Realm: Riverbend
Unit: Henneth-Annun

Postby Kegg » Mon May 22, 2006 8:12 am

Keep the current system. I am the first to admit that it is difficult not to get in a discussion with another "expert" on the restricted rules forum. I think this forum makes an excellent place to argue interpretations. The other one should be a simple this is what the current practice is with a minimum of opinion.

If you want to answer questions.... take the test. It is not hard.
Kegg

Started Fighting: 0- 0-1988

Postby Derian » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:26 pm

How do we take said test?
- Derian -

"An octopus has eight arms, three hearts, five *, two Super Bowl rings, a beak, and the power to solve crimes."
Derian
Become One With the Wind

Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Hellhammer
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword & Board
Pronouns: He / Him

Postby Cyric » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:04 pm

When i took it, i just messaged Jikanta. not sure if that's still the case or not.
Knight of Numenor
Cyric
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 23 Aug 1999
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Knights of Numenor

Return to Rules Discussion And Development