Event Drop Box

Strictly In-Character Interaction

Moderator: Misc: DM Group

Event Drop Box

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:11 pm

If you have ideas towards what you would like to see at an RP event, please post here.

We would like to hear any, and all ideas, thoughts, or just general brainstorms you have come up with. We don't care whether you think it sucks or not! We want to hear what you have to say.

Please no random posts, leave that in the "RP Skirmish".

Happy posting,

DM Council
Last edited by Rat Shattered Fist on Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Shattered Fist
Race: Ratling
I am the rat! <:3__)=------
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 07 Jun 2003
Realm: Oasis
Favorite Fighting Styles: Hand Axes, Florintine, Sword and Board.

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:52 pm

>cough<...anyone?
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Elebrim » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:37 am

I had an idea for an RP-esque event that I made up a while back.

It was designed for teams of under 20. The idea was that the hosts would take over a park or reserve for about a day or two, and the units would have to do an in-character free-for-all to accomplish a certain goal, like finding some artifact or treasure (yeah, treasure hunt, I know it's overdone) and then surviving the 1-2 day period with it in your possession. If the majority of your team died in a fight, probably over 2/3 or 3/4, you could go back to the main area and wait for awhile to get a regen and keep working.

The open areas in the park would be available for setting up towns or "fortresses" (tents and hay bales, probably), where you could barter/buy (if we figured out $$ issues) in character, converse and get clues, or get hired out on side jobs. Plus, if we used the entire park, there would be great opportunities for setting up realistic strategies, like archers firing down from cliffs or well-placed ambushes. Though there would be more risk, there would be great fun to it.

The two big things that would be a problem in my mind involve heralding and coordinating the event. Heralding would require about 1 per unit/team that followed them around to adjudicate, but would also have to maintain a level of anonymity so teams could move about stealthily without having a giant yellow tabbard giving them away all the time. There would also have to be a group of heralds that were coordinating the event so they could react to any unforseen problems (like injuries or poor sportsmanship, ie. real fighting). EVERYONE heralding would have to be in contact (ie. radios), and be fully briefed on any major "plot events," locations of importance, or special weapons rules to minimize or altogether avoid cheating. An ambulance on call would probably not hurt, either.

How does this sound? Any comments?
Templar Draconis Kestevara
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Unit: Templar Draconis Kestevara

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:56 pm

That is a pretty good idea. I would add more but I feel crappy, I can't think straight. ~> not ->.
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:53 pm

I like the idea however using that many heralds would be pressing. Especially if we are hoping to have a big group.

Also, is this all the idea('s) we are going to have?
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Elebrim » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:35 am

Maybe not heralds following people around, but definitely heralds assigned to certain areas? I.E. The heralds for the fort, the heralds for the trails, the field heralds, the Village Heralds...

:eek: Whoa, bad music reference. Sorry.

If we did it that way instead, we could cut down numbers needed for heralding and still have enough to provide a good watch so people would be discouraged from cheating. Plus, it would almost completely negate the problems of heralds ruining any ambushes or stealth. Radio contact would probably still be necessary, though.
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Ikeno_Dathorion » Sun May 21, 2006 10:12 am

are there ne rp events coming up in the midwest?
Ikeno Dathorion
Elder of Dor Daedeloth The Land of Shadows
The Drunky McStumbles
I am Ze Jolly Rancher
Ikeno_Dathorion
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 06 Feb 2006
Realm: Neldoreth
Unit: Naaldlooshii
Favorite Fighting Styles: Lefty Sword and Board
Spear

Postby Shyftir » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:50 pm

About Defensive Spells,

You could set up a system of belt flags that indicate what defense spells you have activated like a brown one for stoneskin, a grey one for magic resistence, a blue one for protection against ice, or a red one for protection against fire.

About Weapon Spells,

Like a sludge blade, that sludges anyone it touches even if its just on a shield or something.

Or a Fire blade that does one normal damage and one fire damage, also compatable with ice damage and such.
MUXLOVIA

Clan Black-Hawk - Trueborn
Shyftir
Thug
Thug

Realm: Muxlovia
Unit: Clan Black-Hawk
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board & Blue, Javelin

Postby Elebrim » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:26 pm

Belt rags probably would work for defensive, but I'm really kind of having trouble wrapping my mind around how we'd implement stuff like that Sludge Blade. It seems like if we go overboard the heralds would have to stop combat every 5 seconds. We may have to keep weapon and shield abilities reeeeally simple.
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Return to Role-Play