The Inns and Outs

Strictly In-Character Interaction

Moderator: Misc: DM Group

The Inns and Outs

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:07 pm

How about we split things up to make it harder to run off track onto another subject. Here we can discuse the types of shops and how we will run the currancy.
Name: Shattered Fist
Race: Ratling
I am the rat! <:3__)=------
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 07 Jun 2003
Realm: Oasis
Favorite Fighting Styles: Hand Axes, Florintine, Sword and Board.

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:40 pm

From what I have heard, there are a lot of non-fighters out there icthing to do more things. So I want to put an idea out. During the event we could have people selling actual product, obviously you can't buy anything at that time with the money we should have set up. What they could do if interested in aquiring an item, is sing there name on a sheet an come back later after the event has rested. But other designated Shops(booths) could have item layed out, something like a fake novelty. That way if were to break no one would be hurt. That way a theivery point could be awarded if they were able to leave with it. They would obviously have to return to tell the shop keep that it was taken, and be awarded with the point. Depending on the value of the item.

Anyway, it would give the poeple that can't or do not fight a chance to have fun. We could also give out awards, for like "the best shop keep".

*Tosses two pennys*
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Andrek » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:17 am

I like where you are going with this but explain it further in detail.
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 5- 0-1994
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: Silver Dragons

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:43 pm

I will respond in kind later. I will put it out on paper, that way you guys can read it better.
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:11 pm

Ok, I will try wording this the best way possible.

If we can, we need to find someone willing to loan a canopy tent, that will be a good size to fit about 80 people. A pavilion would be a really good place as well, seeing how tables, chairs, and coverage is provided. We could designate it as the main Tavern. Then to whom ever is willing to run it, will be giveing something like a decorated dagger or to what ever their liking is. I'm pretty sure it will take at least 3 people to run it if we have a large group show.

Tavern owner, and tavern assistance's responsiblities:
    1. He/She will maintaine the Tavern.
    a.) Pulling in chairs/tables if it happens to rain or if they are slowly floating outside of the tavern.
    b.) Making sure tables and waste have been picked up and cleaned.
    c.) Checking the tent periodicaly, to make sure it is still tied down.
    I.) If everyone is willing to support, they could bring tables to. So when set up, you can come to the tavern to sit down and eat with your friends. It will be nice especially if it is a hot day, another good reason to have a large canopy tent.
    II.) There will be more but I will need assistance with any other responsiblities they will need.

2. He/she will Keep track of the water supply for those that come for drinks(free of charge, we all need water at some time).
    I.) If everyone is cool with this idea, maybe we could get candybars and sell them at the tavern(using real money). That would be another reason to stop by the tavern.

3. He/she will help out the troll.
    I.) seeing how the tavern is always the pintical of a city this will be the best spot to put the troll.

I can't come up with anymore at the time, I would appreciate it if you guys would help me on this one.

As for the smaller stores and what-not. Here is how they could run.

Each store, or "booth" will be large enough for about six people per booth. These booths will be set up and maintained by the people who are selling what they have brought with them. Real items. But initially if some one is interested in an item they have they can barter it over with the owner. When they have come to an agreement, the owner will hand that player a sheet, then the player will right down his/her real name, battle name, and phone number. Just for safty reasons. Then when the event has come to a rest period, the store owners will stay open for an hour longer, allowing the players to come back with real money to pay for the item they wanted.

As to the fake stores, or "booths". They will be designated(here is where I will need your help).

These "Item Shops" will be places where you could buy your red potions(if we have it) and what-not. You could also buy other mock items her as well. These "shops" would be similar to the real ones, but there woud be certain items set out, like mock items. For example, say a scroll wound up. The scroll, being of say a low level wizard. If you are able to make it out of the area with the scroll unnoticed by the town patrol or shop-keep. You would then comfirm it with someone outside the are with you. Then you would bring the person along with you back to the shop-keep. Here you would present your prize and the witness. The shop-keep would tell you what it is and seeing it was a low level wizard's scroll you would only get small points for it. The shop-keep would record, and present it to the event hosts who are keeping track of points.

There is my idea, please respond to how you feel about it. :neutral:
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Andrek » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:06 pm

I have a few that will help with this.
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Keeping the little ppl in mind

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:03 pm

I thought it would be a good idea, seeing how there are ppl like Kozzy that are always looking for Bele related projects.
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Andrek » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:35 pm

As well there are plenty of non-coms. We need to contact them all to find if they can help with events and where we can host them.
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Role-Play