A Dish Best Served Cold

Strictly In-Character Interaction

Moderator: Misc: DM Group

A Dish Best Served Cold

Postby vek » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:22 pm

Many Moons has past since the destruction of Slevic, and my dark work had begun. It feels like ages since I began my trek to find him, the leader of the scum that stole from me everything I knew, family, friends, youth and innocence. I wonder sometimes if my methods are unsound, criminal even. How can I hunt those that killed and worse, when I too deal out death as though I were an agent of God. I make no delusions, I am what I am, hell bound, but to uphold the law is a thankless job.

I stir the dying embers of the fire in the twilight of dawn, preparing for another day of the hunt. I check my bow and quiver first, twelve arrows left. my supplies are low, and my water won't last the day. No matter, Tunkin forest has a stream... somewhere.... MY steel is still sharp and prepared to drink blood once more. The bandit I found on the road said they would take the Tunkin road to get to the Arkinnon plains. I string up my pouch, sheath my blade, notch an arrow and begin my eerie trek into Tunkin woods.

I will quest for you Qualkenook, quest into the depths of hell if I must to seek my revenge.
Umpa Troll
Men, riding dragons, throwing wolves at maggots
vek
Slayer
Slayer

Postby vek » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:04 pm

The rumors were true, night falls early in Tunkin woods. The canopy above was so tightly packed that not even a spirit could pass into the heavens; only the occasional pocket of light passed through. I stooped to check the ground, I've found they're trail, only the trail isn't right. they were running, why would they be in a hurry? I trekked further to discover silver in the trees. It sparkled and shimmered in a light pocket. Yet as I examened the substence, it felt sticky.
I heard rustling behind me, I turned and dropped to a knee arrow notched and string taught.
Umpa Troll
vek
Slayer
Slayer

Postby vek » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:24 am

As the first arrow was still flying through the air I took flight. What the hell was that? It looked like a giant spider. I ran deeper into the woods, attempting to free myself of my relentless pursurer, the arrow didn't even phase it. suddenly I stumbled into a clearing with a small cottage in the center, yet it was covered in ivy. No time to question, just run. The thing leapt from the trees and came charging at me at full speed. I had slung my bow across my back, and ran, only thoughts on reaching the cottage door. I made it, safe at last. LOCKED?! I tried two more times but the door wouldn't budge. i spun sword drawn and ready to face my fate only four yards away and closing fast. When I thought all was lost, a grip of iron pulled me and I found my self upon the floor of the cabin.
Umpa Troll
vek
Slayer
Slayer

Postby Rube » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:28 pm

"Powers that be, boy! Did ya think to try knocking? Standing outside on a day like this. Nary a cloud in sight... you could have ended up bone dry!!" The tallish figure that had pulled Vek into the homestead flashed an idiotic grin and stooped to pick up a bucket from the dusty corner.

"I take it you aren't with those fellas who ran through here a bit ago then?" He continued talking as he walked out of the room... gesturing wildly as he did so in manner that suggested either epilepsy or that Vek needn't follow him.

"The shadows that chased you in here liked you plenty, boy. They reflect the darkness of the observer's soul. By the look on your face, you've got something awful tucked away inside... but you were able to confront it when..." *sploosh* the noise of moving water masked the rest of his sentence as he trailed off into an inaudible mumbling in the adjacent room.

Vek took a step forward towards the door the man had disappeared through, but was stopped the sudden awareness of a heavy breathing coming from just outside the cottage... the room seemed to press in around him a little more with each inhale of whatever monster was outside. His perception seemed to focus to a point just inches away from the keyhole. Something deep inside of him told him that whatever was outside was seeping through the cracks... surronding him... enveloping him wholly.

The focused perception ended abruptly with a torrent of water that cascaded about Vek's head, replaced only by the screaming sensation of complete wetness and a biting cold. The room re-expanded to its original size and the knot of anxiety that had been swelling behind Vek's eyes vanished.

The man who had been speaking earlier proudly held an empty bucket underneath his left arm. His right arm was extended in a warm greeting.

"I'm farmer Rube, and I'm proud to say I've never let a wayfarer get caught outside on such a not-rainy day. Now who are you?"
"Obscure witty quote!"
Rube
Underling
Underling

Postby vek » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:02 pm

Vek was still in a state of shock of everything that had occured up to this point it took a moment for him to realize that the ma nwas waiting for him to stand and explain himself. I took his hand and explained everything that had lead to this point to be infront of his cabin and why I was running through the woods.
"So you see farmer Rube, if you hadn't pulled me in when you did my quest would have ended rather abruptly."

I just noticed something about farmer Rube, the entire time I had explained my origins, he merely sat upon his bucket as a stool, legs crossed with one hand supporting his head, eyes wide and never blinking.

" I truly appreciate what you did and would like to extend my gratitude." Those still only stared.
" I 'll be going now to find Qualkenook, thank you again." After this Vek rushed from the cabin and headed east to find the trail again. Only a few minutes had past before he began to picture that idiotic smile in his mind,and smiled himself. He caught himself... this was the first time he smiled since the destruction of Slevic. It occured to him how much he missed the company of another a person, how much he missed friends...
HE ran back to the cabin and began to pound at the door. When it opened all he could say was "Come with me."

OOC; Rube if you want this guys stroy chech out the charcter stories on the forum, I think mine was on the smaller one.
Umpa Troll
vek
Slayer
Slayer

Return to Role-Play