Belegarth war Rp

Strictly In-Character Interaction

Moderator: Misc: DM Group

Postby Griffolion » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:18 am

Griffon returned the ladder to its former position. He looked at the man that remained in the pit and asked "why are you still down there?". He then returned to the unconcious Sava. "Ahh, Sava you have been through much this night". This time he turned towards the faerie and spoke softly "you have, quite a brilliant friend" Griffon said truthfully. He moved away from the Sava and the faerie, and smelled the air deeply "those two were right, there is a demonic scent hanging in the air" he said to himself
live by the sword, die by something else
Griffolion
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Zanark Morningstar » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:11 am

With his sword at his side, zanark set down the narrow tunnel. It felt like hours walking down those twisting caves. The further he went, the thinner the air became and the worse it smelled. His tourch that had only been burning on the fule and cloth started to grow faint. Not far down he heard a faint scraping sound and quickly drew his large sword.

The sound was getting closer as zanarks grip became stronger, soon it sounded like it could be no further then a foot from him. But his eyes would not let him see past the darkness. A small mouse scurried by the tourch that lay on the ground and zanark let out a sigh or relife. But when he looked back up he saw glowing orange eyes and fangs that could be no longer then five feet and in a diffrent directions staring up at him. And with the last bit of light from the tourch it moved closer.
Zanark Morningstar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Olos » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:08 pm

Hearing a noise in the room behind, Olos silently raised his bow and fitted an arrow to the string. He figured the noise must have been from an elven raiding party.

Olos crept towards the door with his bow drawn, ready to fire at the last moment.

Eventually, he saw a shape creeping across the room. Perparing to loose the arrow, he saw at the last second that it was no face of an elf. He wasn't fast enough to stop the shot, but was able to redirect it off to the left. Even so, he still heard the arrow land in flesh.

"who's out there, are you friend or foe?"
Brother of the Black Company!
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby debuenzo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:24 am

"Olos, you son of a *! 'Friend,' Goddamit. This shoot and ask questions later **** has gotten us into too many problems." Debuenzo sharply yelled.

He was thankful that Olos had survived but was afraid that his comrades might not be too keen after Olos had put an arrow through their friend's cheek.

Then one of the men in the group drew his sword, cursed, and charged towards the room. Debuenzo quickly intercepted him with a shoulder to the chest. Holding him tightly, he explained, "it was an accident Mallac, he's with me."

Quickly looking back towards the room, Debuenzo shouted, "Ummm, Olos, you had better start talking..."
Brother of the Black Company
debuenzo
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 30 Aug 2003
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Black Company
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and shield

Postby Andrek » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:50 pm

(OOC: Sorry guys, work called and I did not look at the boards for about a week :P)

Andrek had become woozy from the stentch of the pit and looked around seeing Ashling finish hoisting Sava up the ladder. He noticed the beast still down in the pit with him. He slowly placed his hand on the hilt of his short sword in hopes he did not draw it's attention.

"Ashling, is Sava well, and what is this thing down here with me?"

He controlled his breaths. He knew the signs of most beasts, he as well knew that if this thing felt cornered that it my lash out in fury against him. He glanced around to see the ladder that he may be able to slowly shift up if he did not upset the creature (or Griffolion).
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 5- 0-1994
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: Silver Dragons

Postby Griffolion » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:45 pm

"you do realize i can understand every word your saying, dont you?, my hosts name is Griffon, and whether you have guessed it or not, i am from the race of old lycans" Griffon tried to make these words as understandable as possible. (umm your kind of off with where your describing us, Ashling flied out of the pit with Sava, and i was out of the pit before she was. :P )
live by the sword, die by something else
Griffolion
Toadie
Toadie

Postby Olos » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:41 am

"There isn't much to say, I've definitely had a **** day though. Been attacked left and right, if that offers any explanation why I might want to thin the numbers of a group I thought might be about to attack me. That elf you saw in the other room gave me the fight of my life, but in the end, through pain and kindness, his soul was finally turned, and he died at peace. From him I learned that the demon who has corrupted the elves is at the highest chamber of this castle. We were about to go searching for him and you are welcome to follow us, I can assure you that I won't shoot any more of you. I'm sad about your friend, but honestly, there is no time for grieving or anger between allies right now."
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby debuenzo » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:29 am

Debuenzo quietly whispers in Mallac's ear. He grumbles and sheaths his sword.

Turning back to Olos, Debuenzo remarks, "Lead the way. Let's get this taken care of as quickly as possible and get out of here; that dark elven army is still on the move."
debuenzo
Hero
Hero

Postby Zanark Morningstar » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:27 am

zanark started to breath heavily. He could not even see his hand infront of his face. The last image he saw before the light went out must have put him in a state of shock because his legs would not move.

He heard a great swooping sound and was hit by something hard. Zanark was thrown to the other side of the tunnel, his head hit the ground hard, it was enough for him to regegain control of his legs. He noticed he was no longer holding his sword and began to frantically started surching around for it on the cold wet ground. He heard the growling of the great beast and quickly raised his had. "SUNASUN!!!!!" he shouted. Five small fire balls shot from his finger tips and hung in the air. Each with the power of one mini sun, the great beast jumped back and its eyes quickly shut. Zanark sheilded his eyes from the great light, and one by one the lights quickly burned out. Before the last sun went out he saw his sword and quickly darted for it.

Raising his hand again he cast the spell again, but this time all his power went into one sun. He could now see the beast a clear as day, its long neck, and gigantic wings spread across the tunnel. As its tale whiped across, its scales shined in the light. They gave the beast the look of a warrior wearing armor.

Zanark slumped to the ground, "a diamond scale dragon.......just my day"
Zanark picked himself back up and raised his sword in attack.
Zanark Morningstar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby ashling » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:20 pm

OOC: I climbed out of the pit actually, not nearly enough room to fly out of there and way too much weight for me to carry for a straight vertical flight.
Anyhow...

IC:
Ashling looked down at Andrek, "I am not sure what is wrong with Sava, and this beast appears to be friendly though I honestly know nothing about him. I am going to take my sleeping friend here over to that building and try to revive him. If you would like to climb out and join us, I would appreciate the company. Though, to be honest, I don't know much about you either..."

Ashling carried the unconscious form slowly towards the croft, not waiting to see who accompanies her. She is feeling a little overwhelmed by the unfamiliarity of everything but knew she really had no choice but to trust these strangers for the moment.

Arriving in the building, she looks quickly around to assure that no one else is there and she thankfully finds no one. Laying Sava down on a table, she takes some herbs out of the pouch on her hip and applies them to his forehead, humming something lightly under her breath, a silver glow shows from the hand she is holding a few inches above his head. After a moment or so, Ashling opens her eyes and the glow dissapates. She watches Sava for any sign of awakening, his breathing is normal but other then that, there are no signs of difference.

With a sigh, Ashling looks around the building again and finds some food. Breaking a loaf of bread, she gratefully eats a few bites and them sits by her charge once again.
Huggles!
Ashling Teine Wolfcaller av Rausumea
Domari Rausumea
ashling
Scout
Scout

Postby Zanark Morningstar » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:34 am

The dragon lunged at him, zanark shifted his sword to deflect the dragons claws from striking his chest. Even with the light from the spell, it still was hard to see all of the dragons actions. And he was quickly swept off his feet by the tail. At the end was a long spike that split into two. Zanark got to his feet quickly moved out of the way of the oncoming tail.

Zanark drove his large sword into the ground and reached around for his bow, then grabed a arrow from his quiver at his side. The dragon ran twords him, teeth blazing in the light. Zanark took aim for its left eye hoppeing to blind it. He fired, the arrow kept on its path headed for its eye. But to his dismay, it shut them, deflecting it with its diamond hide.

The dragon opened its mouth and large flames started to flow from it mouth twords him. He had no time to pull his sword from the ground and had to leave it as he doged the attack. When it was over his sword glowed bright red , but it had not melted, a sign of a true craftsman.
Zanark Morningstar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Olos » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:04 am

OOC: I honestly don't care what time of day it is, but I would appreciate it if you would read the posts before making one, and understand the situation. There are currently no elves next to me, it is a group of MEN led by debuenzo, one of which I just accidentally killed. Also, I don't know what I posted that led you to believe that my character was your friend, because that is not the case. My only words to you were something along the lines of "you are too young for war, go back from whence you came." Anyway, in a few minutes here, when I'm on my lunch break, I'm going to make a post acting as if you didn't just walk up on me, as by the time you went out to the hole, did nothing useful, and came back, I would no longer be in the same room, not to mention the whole friend thing.

/OOC
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Zanark Morningstar » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:49 am

occ: OMG just stop and rp, I got tired of waiting for people and trying to remember what they said. So i just went off and did my own thing.

IC: The dragon was still to close to his sword for him to make a move, he would have to find a new way of attacking. His arrows would snap if they hit the dragon's hide. And his short sword would do nothing except bend.

Before he could figure out what to do, the dragon had sent its tail at full speed twords his head. The split tail pinned him into the wall, he tried to manouver his way out but he had him firmly in the wall. Zanark thought quickly and pulled the tail from the wall and drove it into the ground. He placed his foot on it and started to make his run up. In no time he was on the dragons back, trying his best to keep himself from falling off.

Pulling out his sword he got an idea, he started to try and lift the large diamond scales to show it bare skin. This task proved very hard, as he was still trying his best to stay on as the dragon tried to remove its tail from the ground. Finally he was able to lift them, the green skin shown brightly in the light and zanark plunged his sword into it.
Zanark Morningstar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Olos » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:11 pm

Turning to debuenzo, Olos realized he had left something out.

"I have another companion here as well, I believe he is still hiding in the shadows over there" *Olos motioned to his left* "Before you are alarmed, yes, he is an elf, but he is unlike the others, he has not been corrupted by the demon. Elebrim, come on out, this is Debuenzo, a good friend of mine, we go way back."

With introductions out of the way, Olos aligned himself and began walking. "Well, this is the door I was going to go through before you came Debuenzo, it seems to be headed toward the center of the castle, which is where we want to be, I think"

They had been walking along this path for a while, and could now see dust forming on the floor, with no new footprints in it. "Looks like we are the first ones here, by this path at least". Then they saw a stair approaching out of the gloom ahead, with a faint light emitting from the upper floors. "Either of you have any ideas here? I'm not sure how we should approach this"

OOC: If you haven't noticed yet, I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and it pleases me when posts follow logically from one to another. Also, not everyone can spend all day trolling the beleboards.
/OOC
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Elebrim » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:47 am

OOC: Oh, wow, I hate not having reliable net access. Sorry, all, I'll post more frequently for awhile.

IC: Elebrim had waited behind, watching Zanark forge ahead into depths unknown in the process, to make sure that this new adventurer Debuenzo and his comrades would not have wanted to take an additional trophy back along with Olos. Hearing his reassurance promped him to step forward, though he was sure to leave his swords visibly sheathed at his sides.

Elebrim nodded toward the one whose voice matched the one he had heard as Debuenzo. "Hello. I am Elebrim, another victim of these circumstances. If you are from the Black Company as well, then I'm sure we will be able to work together well." Remembering what Olos had said from earlier that day, however, Elebrim became curious. "Are you planning on staying here in the city to settle things down, or are your orders to take Olos and return from whence you came? I suppose I cannot change your orders if they are the latter, but I can assure you that you and your men would find no shortage of work here."
Templar Draconis Kestevara
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Unit: Templar Draconis Kestevara

Postby Andrek » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:34 pm

Andrek knew what had come toward the castle. He as well was not sure if the elves had called the dragon there. Though he was not about to destroy such a beautiful beast unless he absolutely needed to . He climbed out of the muck and looked at the glowing blaze behind the castle walls.

'I think I might sit back and see how this plays out. Besideds, I am sure that Marcadus can help in there.' He looked over the elven army and walked into the forrests quietly, waiting for a good opportunity to strike.

OOC apologies, I have sucked in too much mold over the past week :P
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 5- 0-1994
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: Silver Dragons

Postby debuenzo » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:27 am

"Pleased to meet you, Elebrim."

Debuenzo then addressed his men, "Well we've come this far. As you've all heard, what lies in the main keep is the cause of this carnage and destruction. I say we give it hell, for your village and our friends." Two of the men faltered, but Debuenzo hurriedly reassured them with a firm gaze... "We stay."

Looking back to Elebrim and Olos, Debuenzo remarked, "Lead On." But as Elebrim turned, Debuenzo and Olos's eyes met. A peculiar look plagued Debuenzo's face...not one of fear but one of concern. Olos understood and quickly nodded.
debuenzo
Hero
Hero

Postby Elebrim » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:28 am

Elebrim turned and led the group back outside through the streets of the city toward the ruined central city. This is where the fighting had been the most intense, and the carnage most severe. Elebrim had noticed the concern that Debuenzo and his men had expressed, but decided that the best way to earn his trust was, well, to earn it. He stepped gingerly over the strewn debris and limbs, attempting to peer through the growing darkness of night toward the tall tower of the fortress in front of them.

"This would be so much easier if I had some srt of li-ah, that's better." Elebrim said, seeing a rising orange light from the far side of the city illuminate the tower walls. The light intensified a moment later, almost at exactly the same time that Elebrim realized that it was far too early for sunrise. Quickly mounting a nearby overturned cart to gain a better vantage of the direction the light came from, Elebrim saw a bright light shining from the far side of the city wall, hearing faint sounds of a violent struggle. Elebrim turned back toward Olos and his co-workers. "It seems like there is more than one arcane event taking place tonight."
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Olos » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:13 pm

"Well, not much sense in waiting around, lets go ahead and move towards the source of the light, but let's try to stick to the shadows as much as possible."

"You three that came with Debuenzo, be ready with your bows, we don't know what we will find here, and we may need cover fire if something attacks us"
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby debuenzo » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:24 pm

They nodded. However, they were very unsure of themselves. None of them had ever attacked anything other than game, let alone killed anything. The oldest was maybe 19. But they had vowed to avenge their village, and battle and threat of death seemed the most honorable choice. Once again, Debuenzo, who was acting as their 'leader,' gave them a reassuring look. He hoped that their courage would not fail when it came to it.

The group edged closer and closer to the light. The debris from the fallen buildings make great cover, but the smell of rotted corpses mixed with dust made it very hard to breathe. Debuenzo then wondered how his friend had died. Hopefully quickly and painlessly, and managing to take a possessed elf or two with him. His friend was the village brewmaster. He and Debuenzo had met years ago, before Debuenzo had joined the Black Company. During his few month stay, they had spent many nights together sharing his fine work. They had grown quite close before Debuenzo had to leave. Debuenzo clenched his fists and silently pushed on.

As he approached the light, an overwhelming feeling of excitement took him. The sort of feeling you get when you scare yourself, that quick adrenaline rush that invigorates you. By the sound of it, a very heated battle was still raging on. The group inched their way towards the light. They could make out shadows and figures but nothing tangible. The crept ever closer.
debuenzo
Hero
Hero

Postby Elebrim » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:33 am

Elebrim poked his head around the last corner of the wall seperating him from the bright light. Turning, around the corner, he saw Zanark and what appeared to be a dragon completely encrusted in diamonds locked in a vicious fight. Zanark, for a man his size, was moving unbelievably fast. The whole thing was being illuminated by chaotic spheres of bright light floating in the air above, casting an orange glow over the scene. "Well, that explains the light, but how did he..." Elebrim answered the question himself when he saw the smashed hidden passage entrance near the far edge of the light pool. The beast must have burrowed in and entered the catacombs during the skirmishes in the city; that was the only way it could have done so without anyone taking notice.

Elebrim was about to charge forward and help when Zanark leaped on the creature's back, wedging open a diamond scale and plunging his sword into the soft skin. The beast raged in pain, but it was easy to see the stab had weakened it. It thrashed for a moment more, but went limp from the effort and collapsed to the ground, breathing. Elebrim turned to the group. "Well..." He was unsure of how to follow up such an event. "...that was different."
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby savetuba » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:04 am

OOC: The event is over and only now am I finding time to reply. I'll post today sometime.
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2003
Realm: Aberdeen Militia

Postby debuenzo » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:19 pm

"Truly," Debuenzo whispered. He had never seen such an amazing feat of magic from someone who appeared so normal. A number of mages and wizards have traveled with the Company, but most emitted some form of special, noticeable energy or aura or at least dressed the part.

"I wonder who he is," Debuenzo quietly questioned the group, looking to Olos or Elebrim for an answer. Debuenzo hoped that he was not an enemy; he did not want to face a magical opponent who could slay a small dragon single-handedly.
debuenzo
Hero
Hero

Postby Elebrim » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:03 pm

"He," Elebrim said, "is called Zanark. He seems to be of some noble blood here in the city. Headstrong at times, but he's been a bit surprising. I'm guessing that he had left while we were speaking to go find the leader of the elves."

"We can't have been the only ones to notice this mess. Let us take Zanark and try to find the others. They must be around here somewhere..."
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Zanark Morningstar » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:40 am

OOC: Sorry I have been gone so long, its been chaotic.

IC: Zanark looked to Elebrim and shook his head. "To spend my life searching for the elf leader would be a waste, for the elfs march onward to another city,there I will stop general Sarutobi" With the dragon now dead, its scales started to shed, he picked up several of them and placed them in a pouch and pulled the string to close it. He walked over and pulled his sword out of the ground, it had been badly damaged. Zanark gave Elebrim one last look then carried on ward through the cave.

After a long time, he noticed a small glimmer of light up ahead. The cave opened up at the end and he could see village people walking around. A sign hang over head that read, (WELCOME TO RODINE). Zanark let out a sigh and made his way to the black smiths shop. The doors of the shop were old and battered, and the inside was much worse, the fire from the stove was out and many of the tools were scattered among the floor. A small elf walked around from counter, zanark had not even seen him there. He was old, and supported himself by an oak staff that looked even older. The staff snapped in two and the old elf fell to the floor, zanark quickly ran over to help him. "Easy Tanin" he said, the old elf looked up at him "zanark.....its good to see an old friend"
Zanark Morningstar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Previous

Return to Role-Play