Belegarth war Rp

Strictly In-Character Interaction

Moderator: Misc: DM Group

Belegarth war Rp

Postby Zanark Morningstar » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:40 am

Zanark reached the gates that led to his fathers castle, bodies of elfs and humans were scatterd all around. A strong magic spell binded the door. He took out a small vile with a dark blue liquid in it. Zanark crushed the vile in his hand, a mixture of blood and blue liquid ran down his arm. He slamed his hand into the barrier "TAI MORA" he shouted with his deep voice. The barrier dimininshed and he was able to go inside. He pulled out his one sided sword, "how ironic" he thought. The very sword which he uses to cut down the elfs were made by them.
Zanark Morningstar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Elebrim » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:24 pm

Elebrim was kneeling over the body of a footsoldier just inside the gate. His body was torn to shreds, siezing from blood loss and shock. "Calm down, you're going to be okay..." Knowing his words meant little, Elebrim cautiously extended a hand over the man's chest. Come on, you were given these powers for a reason, so control them! He concentrated hard, and after what seemed like too long a faint gold-white glow began to eminate from the tips of his fingers, softly raining down over the man's heart. Elebrim watched as some of the smaller cuts began to seal, but when he became excited at the prospect of actually succeeding his fingertips crackled and winked out. Dejected, Elebrim watched as the man looked up at him and spat in his face. "Curse you, Elven betrayer..." He coughed blood again and lay still. Elebrim closed the man's eyes with his two fingers. "Mornie alantie, hino Eru." Why men and elves were at war again after centuries of peace, he did not know. All he knew was that something was not right.

Hearing the barrier that had formed after the battle diminish, he stood. Adjusting his gear, he turned and faced this new presence.

"Hail, warrior. Don't be alarmed; I am only trying to help what wounded there are left. Too much blood has been shed this day."
Templar Draconis Kestevara
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Unit: Templar Draconis Kestevara

Postby duckymcfeelgood » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:56 am

A loud boom filled Ducky's ears, awaking him to the war around.

"Where Am I? What was going on?"

Ducky quickly sat up, looking about himself. He was high above the fight, in the great spire of the castle. He then noticed how quickly he was allready at the end of an arrow, drawn by an elvish archer.

The words the elf were yelling at him rang out in his head, him not understanding any of it. He looked half drunk at the young kid, at least he looked young to Ducky. He tried to make out details, but it seemed as though everything was hazzy and unclear. The elf eventually kicked him back over onto his back.

"Hey man... i don't know why your threatening me... but i'm just a peaceful traveler, trying to get from here to somewhere... could you please move that away from my face."

Of course the elf understood as much of that as Ducky understood the elf. Ducky soon figured that out. He started to hear more guards come up the stairs. His sword was right by his side and his shield was only leaning against the near wall. But niegther were needed.

Ducky bolted forward, spearing the elf with his shoulder, slamming him into the elves coming up behind him. He grabbed his dagger, which was sitting in his belt and stabbed him in the stomach. He then grabbed his gear and leap from the spire, grabbing the long flag the flew, using it to break his fall some. But not enough....

He slammed threw a wooden roof and into some great hall.
Day Events Coordinator/Head Herald - Ragnarok XXVII

"You're Ducky, the only Dagorhir ambassador with which Dunharrow is willing to negotiate. You'd have diplomatic immunity." Rather Large James
duckymcfeelgood
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 0- 9-2004
Realm: Byzantium
Unit: Arangweth
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board
Single Blue

Postby Marcadus » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:17 am

Sitting quietly in the shadows at the edge of the battle wearing black worn clothes and holding one of the warriors near death in his arms, Marcadus watches the figure plumit from the upper tower down into one of the other rooms of the castle, cringing a little at the impact and rubbing his shoulder a little almost painfully he looks down at the human in is arms who looks half dead and dazed mutter to himself

" Am I going to live? Who are you? Where's the commander? "

Shaking his head slowly and placing his hand over the mans eye Marcadus mutters quietly to himself

" So hard to find a meal now days, I'm reduced to this. "

Leaning down Marcadus bites into the neck of the man who gasps at the sharp pain then goes limp as the blood drains from his body, sitting back up Marcadus rolls the now dead man off him and stands, picking up his large black bow and sword he waits watching the two men he can see moving, hoping his black skin and clothes will let him go unnoticed for now
VB Kick Count 5
The Drunken Willow
Western Uruk-Hai Archer
Spreading the love of hate to the world, one person at a time
Marcadus
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Elebrim » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:53 am

Hearing the crash, Elebrim gives one last unsure look toward the unknown warrior standing across from him. Staring at him with a look that speaks "truce," he turns and bolts for the battered door for the keep. Elebrim did not care so much for the crash itself; he had managed to help pull together a few wounded from both sides early on and sheltered them there away from the open combat.

Stepping in, Elebrim stops short and watches in disbelief as about two-thirds of the wounded Elves and Men he had gathered are crushed beneath a large support beam that collapsed in front of his eyes. Rushing over, he closes the eyes of the dead and speaks a brief prayer. You're not making my job any easier... he thinks out loud, and starts to step over to check the other survivors when he hears a low moan coming from the center of the rubble. "How in this world could...?" He pulled aside splintered planks and shingles to reveal a man lying dazed and half-covered by timbers and stone.

Dragging him out of the debris and under what looks to be the last stable sections of roofing, he pulls a large piece of sharpened stone out of the man's thigh and tries to concentrate for a second time. Thankfully, the wounds are less severe. The spurting blood and torn flesh gently melt away under the gold-white glow of healing. Elebrim speaks. "Now, if you're decidedly conscious enough, would you object to telling me what justifies flying through buildings at a time like this?
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Zanark Morningstar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:03 am

Zanark kicked open the door and a barrage of arrows consumed him, he knew that they would be waiting for him and a quickly blocked them with his massive sword. Zanark let out a roar of anger and ran twords them. Before they could grab another arrow he had slaughterd half of them, Inside the castle the walls were too close together and his sword became stuck in the walls, one of the elfs took out a small dagger and jumped on his back stabbing him several times, zanark mearly winced at this poor atempt to hurt him. He reached behind him and took hold of the elf, throwing him up against the wall several times, until he became limb.

The clanking of armor started to come the winding stairs, he quickly removed his sword from the wall and placed it back on his back, and took out his smaller sword and shield.
Zanark Morningstar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Tyrus » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:13 am

A lone soldier stands outside the castle, away from the bulk of the fighting. He wanders aimlessly through the corpses strewn about the place. He seems dazed, in shock. This was his first battle, having enlisted only recently, as his kingdom stood on the brink of war. A short time ago he had been a farmhand working the king's land. He had never even seen the castle. Now that the fighting had moved on he found that he didn't know what to do.

A slight rustle in the tall grass nearby caught his attention, but he simply turned to look at it for a moment and after seeing nothing of import he ignored it. He turned back to the corpses, looking for someone more important than him that might still be alive. The brush rustled again, and this time he had time only to offer a weak parry before his blade was knocked from his hands and a weatherbeaten battle axe let the light from the fading sun into his skull.

Sarnath dragged the hapless soldier back into the tall grass where he could dine uninterrupted. He hadn't eaten in days. He emptied the man's purse of his few meager belongings. He felt no shame in taking this man's possessions. The teachings of Sarnath's people dictated that they now belonged to him. He still felt the blood of his ancestors in his veins despite his current state of disgrace. And even now Sarnath was planning his redemption as he chewed the soldier's severed arm thoughtfully. He couldn't return to his tribe yet. He didn't have enough scars.

Sarnath moved once again to the edge of the tall grass, keeping his eyes open for any activity. His human was already getting cold, so he left it in the grass. It was time to earn himself a few scars, and with some luck, he'd be able to pick up some plunder along the way.
Tyrus
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Elebrim » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:37 pm

"Come on, answer me! This place may not be safe for much longer!" The limp form on the stone in front of Elebrim had yet to respond, though he was slowly beginning to show signs of consciousness.

Elebrim started to ask him again when he heard a soft whizzing from above him to the left. He quickly snapped out a short blade and spun it back, catching the arrow just below the head and knocking it off-course. It hit the stone floor and splintered, bouncing a long shard of wood back into Elebrim's knuckle. "Ah!" He surprised himself with his volume. He pulled a strip of cloth from his pack and tied it around his hand, waiting to pull the shard loose until it was safely bandaged. He looked up and saw the small figure of an elf aiming down on him with a shortbow. No wonder the shot was off-target, Elebrim shook his head and shouted up at him. Tampa! Amin dele ten' sen! Uuma ma' ten' rashwe, ta tuluva a' lle!" The elf hesitated, then nodded and withdrew, shouting commands at other unseen warriors behind him. If the elf couldn't recognize him as one of his own kin, then Elebrim still had a lot of work to do.

Elebrim stared back down at the moaning figure below him. "I'm going back out in a moment. If you can walk, join me. There are many to save and not enough to do the saving. What is your name, soldier?"
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Marcadus » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:52 pm

Laughing to himself a little at the sight of a soldier being ripped from the field and into the grass and talking to himself

" Looks like I'm not the only one who smelled fresh blood. "

Looking back to the castle and sighing a little

" Guess its time to see whats left inside. "

Bolting out of the shadows hiding him Marcadus runs straight at the wall next to the main entrance jumping up just before the wall Marcadus slams against it about ten feet off the ground, dangeling there with one clawed hand dug into the stonework groaning at the pain

" Oh that was a bad idea. "

Shaking his head a little Marcadus starts up the wall slowly hand over hand, looking like a little black dot on the gray stone making his way to towards the roof that had just been crashed through
VB Kick Count 5
The Drunken Willow
Western Uruk-Hai Archer
Marcadus
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Olos » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:35 pm

*groans* the name's Olos. I was walking through the floor above, and someone must have crashed through right above me, before I knew it, I ended up here, guess I'm lucky to be alive. And speaking of safety, what the hell is going on here, it wasn't three months ago since I came through this region last, and now there's a war going on.

So, you can do some healing then, suppose I owe you a bit, and I always repay my debts. Let me see if I can get up, maybe we can stop a bit of this stupid fighting, heal a few, and get the hell out of here.

*Struggles to get up, though this by far isn't his worse injury, he's still a little groggy. Looks through his things to see what he all has left*

Well, crap, I liked that bow, and those were some fine arrows, guess you can't expect them to last through something like that. Well, I still got my swords and shield, let's get a move on before someone finds us here.
Last edited by Olos on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brother of the Black Company!
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Elebrim » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:02 pm

"Well, Olos, it is an honor to meet someone so hardy as to survive three stories. But if we're going to work together, you'll have to be far more graceful next time." Elebrim pushed back a strand of his loose, ratted hair behind the tip of his ear and looked around the room. "I'll try to help clean you up again later, but my abilities are somewhat more... unique than those of other healers."

Elebrim turned and saw what he was looking for. One of the wounded that had been crushed beneath the beam had left behind a few supplies. He tossed a bow over toward Olos and picked up a half-full quiver, walking toward the door. "I hope you don't take issue with Elves; their weapons tend to have finer crafting than most. These should last you until you can find something more suitable to your tastes."

Looking back to the handful of the dying who were left in the room, he silently promised to bring back more to join them. "Let's go, Olos."
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Olos » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:20 pm

No, the bow will work well enough. But before we go, let's make a quick check for the guy who landed on top of me, maybe he got knocked unconscious. Better hurry though, I doubt a commotion like that will go unnoticed.

*Olos searches through the rubble and notices a hand between a couple boards. Upon pulling the figure from the rubble, he does a quick once over. Still breathing, no serious injuries, but knocked unconscious*

Well, I don't know if we can do anything for him right now, but let's at least set him against the wall with some gear to get himself moving once he wakes.

Alright, lets get out of here, the best we can do for them now is to hope that someone gives them a shred of mercy in their current state.
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby duckymcfeelgood » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:03 am

Ducky shook off the head ache.

"That didn't go as plan.... ahh *." He notcied his leg was broken. He reached into his pouch and grabbed some herbs. Chewing them up real quick, which helped to numb his whole body, he jammed them into the wound around where the bone stuck out. Quickly then, the bone pulled back into Ducky's flesh and began to reset. The side effect thou was that it hurt like hell. He grunted it away, but as it finally healed, he screamed in agony.

He stood up to look at what had happened. "* **** construction." He surveyed the bodies around him. "Why would some put bodies in here?" He then noticed someone he recognized. "OLOS!" he yelled as he bounded over the rubble to him. He was with an elf. Ducky stopped.

"Olos, what is going on here?"

"You're Ducky, the only Dagorhir ambassador with which Dunharrow is willing to negotiate. You'd have diplomatic immunity." Rather Large James
duckymcfeelgood
Grunt
Grunt

Single Blue

Postby Zanark Morningstar » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:24 am

Zanark knew this could be his last battle, he closed his eyes and constrated. "FOR MY FATHER" He got a running start at the men comming down the stairs . Zanark raised his sword ready to swing when he turned the corner, zanark ran into someone and knocked them over. "hey watch it you.....ZANARK" the man in armor was no other then a royal guard named Satious. "Satious, what are you doing here, where's the king" zanark asked "we sill havnt checked, we heard a noise down below and came to check" "There were several elfs, no doubt they were going to come up behind you" "hurry we havnt much time, the king could sign the treaty at any time. Satious turned to go back up the stairs but was killed when an arrow was shot trough a small window.

Zanark quickly ducked, and took out his bow, pulling out a one inch thick arrow. Staring down the end of the arrow he linded it up with the elf. He was doing the same put zanarks arrow hit first. He turned to Satious's men "to the king"
Zanark Morningstar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Elebrim » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:05 pm

Elebrim heard the accusing tone in the second man's voice. "Wait. I'm not a soldier, lower your weapons down. My name is Elebrim; I was passing through the area when the battle ensued and was brought into the city to be detained. I've been trying to gather the wounded and do what help I can to the people trapped here. The debris from your fall killed some, but there is no time to mourn."It had been a desparate move when the king sealed the castle gate. He hadn't realized that despite the massive force that would be forced to retreat from the outside, there were already at least four contingents that had scaled the wall. Why are Elves and Men at war in the first place? They had been at peace for centuries, they share the same enemies, they have the same goals... what evil started thi-

At this point in his thought process, Elebrim heard an abnormally loud whiz-THUD, and looked up as an elf fell from the roof to his right, an abnormally thick arrow lodged in his left shoulder. Blood was spraying everywhere, the elf had been dead before he even hit the ground. What man wields a bow this large?

"It looks like our work is never done." Elebrim rolled his shield off his back and drew his blade, prepared in case of further fire. He turned back toward the group. "I'm sorry, I became distracted. Care to continue with the introductions, or would you rather we all skip the formalities and start trying to end this?"

(OOC: Edit=Wrong Word)
Last edited by Elebrim on Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Olos » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:42 pm

I don't know what the hell is going on here, I was just passing through this country, and I came here when I saw all the commotion. It was peaceful the last time I came through.

Anyway, as of yet I have no stake in this war, haven't been paid, and haven't been attacked. But this elf at least seems alright, he's been healing some of the wounded men AND elves, it looks like enough have died already.

*Some footsteps a few hallways down sound like they are approaching.

So, that looks like our cue to leave. We are going to try and find a few of the wounded, and maybe get out of here alive. If you'll bear the thought of adventuring with an elf, fine, or you can go your own way and we'll have a drink and a few punches some other day, but I will not permit you to harm this particular elf right now.

*Donning his short sword and shield, olos just notices an incoming arrow and blocks with his shield, giving the hidden shooter a knowing glance as he rounds the corner*

Well then, let's go that way.
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby duckymcfeelgood » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:52 am

Ducky came up to Olos's back, following him as he began to wonder threw the castle.

"You're the only one i know here, and i have no idea what is going on. But i feel that the two of us will do better than either of us alone. So what do you say... i'll watch your back if you watch mine?"

duckymcfeelgood
Grunt
Grunt

Single Blue

Postby Zanark Morningstar » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:15 am

Zanark and Satious's men ran up the stairs, there armor skidding up against the narrow path. He threw out his arm to stop them from kicking down the door. "Hold, elfs have a nasty tendency to hide behind doors" He slowly opened the door just enough to peek through. The coast seemed clear, but just as he was about to open it more an arrow was fired and struck the door. "HOLY ****" he screamed almost loosing his footing. Zanark noticed that his stab wounds where bleeding very fast, "*" he grunted. He reached up and grabed one of the royal cloth banners and wraped it around himself, "hope this holds" he said. "Well, we cant just sit here and wait for them can we" Zanark kicked open the door and ran in with the others following behind. They were instantly picked up off the ground and thrown up against the wall.

Several arrows were fired all hitting Satious's men, it seemed they wernt aiming for him, "what brings you to my kingdom" zanark's vission was blured from having his head hit the stone wall, but he was able to make out that it was an elf. "Your kingdom.....what do you mean your kingdom, this realm belongs to king Alacus" he coughed out.
"Oh yes, king Alacus, hmph.....there's your king" he pointed to a man hunched over in his throne, his throat had beem slit.

Tears started to roll down zanarks face "FATHER"!!!!!! he strugled but what ever was keeping him up there was too strong.
And now with Alacus out of the way, you royal guards are no longer needed. the elf raised his hand and a dark mist started to consume zanark. "im sending you to a place where you cant escape, a realm of pure evil" Zanark screamed in anger but his final words were muted by the mist.

OOC:cant post until monday
Last edited by Zanark Morningstar on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zanark Morningstar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Olos » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:32 am

Sounds like a plan ducky, be ready with your bow, this one I have now is quite unfamiliar to me, and I don't know if I can adjust quite that quick, though it seems like a nice design. Maybe some other day.

Let's stick together, this Elebrim seems to have somehow avoided whatever is corrupting the other elves in this place, when I passed through this kingdom a couple months ago, elves and humans were living peacefully together in the same villages even, but now, this.

Maybe we can figure out what is behind this and get this land back to normal, but something tells me there are things worse than corrupted elves out tonight, probably drawn by the bloodshed.
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Elebrim » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:08 am

"I assure you, these cannot be normal elves." Elebrim continued forward with the two others trailing behind. "They do fight like them, true, but there is something strange about their symbols. They don't align with any of the major lords or houses. I'm curious as to exactly where they are from in the first place."

Elebrim stopped. A loud cry of pain rang out from a nearby alleyway. Anxious to intervene, Elebrim bolted forward without realizing the possible dangers around the corner. He turned just in time to feel the fletching of an arrow slide past his temple. There in the alleyway was a group of dead villagers, mostly children, and the elf who had just slaughtered them. He put down his bow, visibly angered by the fact that he had missed. "Tanya i neuna coiasira sina menel. Lle naia il Quendelie."

Angered by this comment, though for what reason Elebrim did not know, the elf rushed him, sword draw. With a quick side step that caught his attacker off-guard, Elebrim vacated his former position at the end of the alley. As the elf shot past him in front of where his two companions stood, Elebrim turned and neatly cleaved his enemy's armor in two, a streak of crimson spraying from the wound to his back. The elf dropped. Elebrim turned his still warm body over and examined him carefully. When the last spark of life had left him, his eyes melted into a soft shade of grey-black. "That," he said quietly, "is definately not normal."
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Tyrus » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:54 am

From his position in the tall grass Sarnath watches with amusement what he would have assumed was a human scale a sheer wall. He moves slowly out into the open, periodically tonguing the air for telltale signs of anything alive. The air tastes of blood and **** and death, but there is something else, faint but unmistakable. Brimstone.

It seemed that most of the fighting had moved elsewhere by now. Sarnath moves swiftly throughout the countless slain soldiers, following the path of the man that smelled like something out of hell.

He reaches the castle wall an leaps, digging his claws deep into the indentations made by the stranger only moments before. This being, this... outsider, or whatever it was, could make for either a worthy opponent or a powerful ally. Sarnath has a sneaking suspicion that this demon-thing didn't come here for the battle, and it was possible that they had similar goals. Castles inevitably held many warriors and a great deal of weapons and armor, and this was something that interested Sarnath very much. He approaches the roof of the castle cautiously, quietly, making sure he reaches the roof before the hell-spawn detected his approach.
Tyrus
Recruit
Recruit

Postby duckymcfeelgood » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:19 am

Ducky didn't know what to make of it. He tried to remember other times he had fought elves, but truely he couldn't remember any. He only knew elves were human like people with pointy ears and generally felt pompous about themselves.

"There is a great evil afoot in the castle. Someone has invaded this place. The energies are switching over, something dark comes." Ducky's words seem to spell out an omen, as a huge ground shacking boom came echoing down the hall. A few more rumbled in behind it.

"What the....." Ducky said, but was cut off by the huge deafing roar the bellowed pass them, blowing them back and all the torches around them out. They were left in a dark hallway with a little bit of light coming threw the hole in the celing the room over.

"Run... get out of the castle. We need to get to open space!" Ducky said running back into the room, the rumble of footsteps coming up the hallway.

duckymcfeelgood
Grunt
Grunt

Single Blue

Postby Olos » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:25 am

Olos heard Ducky speak those words almost as if in a trance, he knew that something terrible was coming down that hall.

"You don't need to tell me twice, let's get out of this deathtrap of a castle. Come on Elebrim, we can't fight that in this hallway"

As he turned to run down the hall, Olos saw a small figure, obviously playing the role of scout. He didn't know what it was, but could tell that it and its companions would attach them without a second thought. Wishing he had his bow at the ready, he turned and followed ducky down the hall. With that thing spotting them, its group would know what hallway the three adventurers took.

"****, Elebrim, do you think you can put an arrow in that * before his party sees which way we took?"
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Elebrim » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:59 pm

Almost instinctively, Elebrim ducked behind a chunk of fallen mortar that rested along the edge of the alley. Spotting a small chunk of stone, he picked it up and threw it in a high arc, crashing down just to the far side of the scout. The scout, distracted by the stone, turned and peered down the alleway. That extra two seconds of hesitation was all Elebrim needed; he hastily drew his bow and placed an arrow through the base of the scout's neck. It staggered forward and collapsed through a shaft of light shining out through a gap in the stonework. His form, for a moment blinking the silver color of a human footsoldier's chain, quickly fell back into the darkness from the extinguished torches with a quiet squish of steel and flesh.

"In answer to your question Olos, yes, though it certainly won't make us very many friends. Let's get moving."

Darting through several more corridors, the group emerged onto the main road. The castle was lost. Most of the sections that they could see from the road were in flames, and there were hints of dark mist eeking out of the windows of one of the tall towers. Elebrim pricked his ears; he thought he had heard the faint echoes of an enraged scream. Turning around and peering through the smokey haze filling the street, he stared down the short section of road standing between them and the gate. A group of three warriors came out of the surrounding houses, though for some reason Elebrim could not distinguish their race or appearance. He readied his weapons and glanced back at his companions. "Here we go again."
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby duckymcfeelgood » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:24 am

Ducky noticed the three men coming out of the houses. Thier entire visage and body was covered in plate mail, black and full of errie vibes. They stared off coldly at the war around them, but sickenly it seemed as though they smiled with joy from it.

Out of one of the houses in which the warriors had emerged, a woman fell out, clutching her stomach, blood covering his poor face. She crawled to the warrior, beating her fist against him, screaming in a human/elvish mix at him.

He looked down, took the woman's head in his hands, and then snapped her neck around, all in one swoop, and just as cold. he then returned to looking off with the other two.

then, all in unison, they turned their heads to face us.

Ducky gripped down on his shield and bit into his sword some more. "Do you think we got them?" A rumble from inside the castle still shook behind them, still very near.

duckymcfeelgood
Grunt
Grunt

Single Blue

Postby Elebrim » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:21 pm

Elebrim tightened his grip. "I'm not entirely sure myself, but as the saying goes, nothing ventured..." He turned back toward Olos and Ducky, being careful to note the now slow * of platemail boots as the three began to step forward.

"Care to vote while we still can, or should we just take them head on?"
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Olos » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:49 pm

Well, I'd rather do a 3 on 3 than a 3 on whatever that is behind us, even if these look fairly battle hardened. Maybe we can even maneuver these two groups against each other.

*Olos pulls out his bow, and fixes an arrow to the string*

Well, lets just take a chance and see if we can get lucky. (whispering to both of them) when I fire at the one on the right, shoot the left one while looking at my target, and don't betray your thoughts. We only have one shot at this solution before we need to move away from those behind us.

*As olos fires his arrow, he realises that maybe he should have put a little more thought into that. If these guys are good enough to block the arrows, we don't want them *, and if they aren't, then the arrows may prove useless. Well, the deed is done already, might as well get a quick shot off at the leader too. Without looking at the one on the left, olos quickly nocks another arrow, fires at the leader, then dons his sword and shield and starts walking towards where his opponents stood.*
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby duckymcfeelgood » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:30 am

OOC: I'm not going to respond yet until the Archer calls his shots. HAHA HA

duckymcfeelgood
Grunt
Grunt

Single Blue

Postby Zanark Morningstar » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:33 am

Zanark floated in the empty darkness for five days, there didnt seem to be any ground to stand on. His food supply was extreamly low. "Damnit, howd I get into this one" He reached into a small pouch on his waist for the last piece of bread. A small crystal vile fell out of his back pocket and floated in mid air.
He reached out for it and held it in his hand. "Corithica water......hmmmm" He poured the water into his hand and chanted silently. A blinding light burst from his hand and desinagrated the surrounding darkness. He hit the ground hard, and opned his eyes. Expecting to see the elf that had sent him to that hell. But he wasnt in the throne room, he was outside the castle. He looked around to see if any enemy's were around. The coast was clear, he got up on his feet and quickly took off twords the castle again.

OOC: Ducky please stop
Zanark Morningstar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Olos » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:53 am

duckymcfeelgood wrote:OOC: I'm not going to respond yet until the Archer calls his shots. HAHA HA

OOC: I stated that I didn't even look at my shots, and in my post, suggested you and elebrim to fire too, one of you guys can call them :P

/OOC
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Elebrim » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:43 pm

OOC: Well, fine, then. One hit, one miss.[/yellow tabbard]

I.C.: Elebrim didn't have time to draw his bow. The first warrior snapped up the tip of his shield, catching the arrow and bouncing it down into the cobblestones. The second arrow struck the leader through a seam in his shoulder plating, but the warrior only took one look at the arrow before snapping the shaft off. With a dark and ominous confidence, he and his two companions began striding boldly forward.

Trying to time his move carefully, Elebrim waited until the the warrior was in mid stride before charging him, his insecure footing making it easier to be knocked flying. Elebrim's efforts were not in vain, but the dark soldier's reactions were good - too good - and the leader managed to sweep Elebrim's feet out with him as he fell. Elebrim tumbled backward, avoiding the downswing of one of the followers. Sparks showered from the ground as the metal hit stone with surprising force.

The leader was back up and, along with his second companion, charged back toward Elebrim's two companions. Elebrim bolted to his feet, now obliged to lock himself in what seemed to be very one-sided combat with this new foe, as the soldier seemed to be able to pace himself with each of Elebrim's swings. Elebrim turned his sheild as the warrior attempted to snap his sword into his side. Grunting under the strength of the blow, Elebrim cried out. "This could get interesting!"

EDIT: Didn't finish a sentence... Oops...
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Zanark Morningstar » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:03 am

Zanark kept a steady pace on his way back to the castle. But on his was he notice an elf and fighting with a strange warrior. He quickly noticed the elf as Elebrim. Who has once saved him in a time of war.
Zanark Morningstar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Andrek » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:09 pm

Andrek stood a few miles from the battle. He knew that Marcadus was there. He saw a black form moving up the wall. He still did not notice any other demonic presences around worth his effort.

'Marcadus... this I certainly hope you did not start this feast. Why are you here old friend?' Andrek's voice entered Marcadus' head. It gave away his location near the forrest's edge.
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 5- 0-1994
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: Silver Dragons

Postby duckymcfeelgood » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:39 am

Ducky took Elebrim's inititive and dove forward too. He speared threw with his shield and dove onto one of the followers, knocking him to the ground. He tried to react, but Ducky had pulled out his dagger and stabbed it into the gap under the helm. The body went limp for a moment.

Suddenly a huge sweeping of air came into the suit, almost pulling Ducky in. But it then quickly exploded out, throwing Ducky off and into a wall. He slammed hard, breaking into the stone.

duckymcfeelgood
Grunt
Grunt

Single Blue

Postby Elebrim » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:59 am

Elebrim stepped up his footwork to match the speed he was attempting to strike his opponent with. Seeing a gap, he dodged left and sliced through a gap in the foe's side plating. With a sickening hiss, the enemy continued to fight as he began to deflate much in the manner that Ducky's enemy had. Having seen Ducky fly back and hit the wall, Elebrim ducked behind a nearby water trough just as the shockwave exploded outward, sending shards of stone flying into the nearby walls. Elebrim was slightly afraid. "Why would the descendants of the Nazgul be fighting here? I thought they were all vanquished ages ago."

As Elebrim stood and started toward Olos and the enemy leader, he saw a familiar figure approaching from the direction of the city gate. It was the figher Elebrim had seen enter the city when he first had begun gathering the wounded. "Hail, warrior; we meet again. Care to join us, or are there other concerns you must see to?"
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Zanark Morningstar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:48 am

Hail, my concerns can wait, there's always time to help out an old friend. Zanark and Elebrim shook hand and took the feild.
Zanark Morningstar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Olos » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:49 am

Olos was facing off agaist the leader of the three warriors, and was starting to fall behind. Every attack he made was parried or knocked to the side, and he was having a rougher and rougher time defending against the enemy's blows. His opponent moved almost like the wind, and reacted even faster. Olos started to wonder if he would be able to best this foe, and then he heard the 2 noises from behind while still dueling the leader. As his companions moved forward to aid him, he saw the leader divert his attention for just a split second. Unfortunately for him, that was all the advantage Olos needed. He threw a quick shield bash at his opponent's weapon, and in the same moment, removed his head with a powerful swing.

Or at least, he thought he removed his head. Noticing some movement still in the leader's body, Olos gave a powerful stab that penetrated his breastplate, placed his foot near the blade's entrance, and kicked the body off of his sword.

"well" he said, turning back to his companions, "let's get moving again, if these guys have some friends, we might get into a little trouble yet."
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Elebrim » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:42 pm

*WHOOSH!* They had forgotten about the blast of air. The group was lifted and shot backward about ten feet, collapsing to the ground.

Elebrim, holding his head after the fall, sat up and checked his gear. "Zanark, you wouldn't happen to know why the children of the Nazgul are a part of the invading force? I had thought they were all but extinct, though after today's events I'm really not sure about anyth-

Elebrim heard a familiar whiz, and felt more than moved his hand into position. With a familiar glow of blue-white, he watched as the air in front of his hand solidified into a translucent semisphere, deflecting the arrow that had been fired at them from the opposite rooftops. Elebrim stood, the barrier evaporating after the short moment of movement. "There's another who-knows-how-long before I'll manage to pull that off," he complained to himself. Readying his shield to block more incoming fire, he pulled Olos to his feet. "Let's regroup and get moving; I think those friends you spoke of may already have the jump on us."
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Andrek » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:08 pm

Andrek watched the hailstorm of arrows with disgust.

He watched the seiged castle being overthrown by a nation of elves he was not familiar with, though he did not want to chance his luck walking into a massive battle uninvited. He turned to head back to the farmlands of Ered Duath.

"I can trade another d--" An arrow was drawn and touched the end of his nose. "It has been a long time since one was quiet enough to get this close to me ranger."

"Edan ya tura?"

"You don't speak the common tounge?"

The ranger's eyes grew more tense.

"Mellon." Was all Andrek replied as the followed the elf into the masses of warriors. He knew the protocol, and he knew that he must follow it if he wanted to know why the elves were attacking humans.
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Zanark Morningstar » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:39 am

"Hell, im not sure of anything any more" Zanark picked up his sword that was thrown and follwed after Elebrim and Olos.
Zanark Morningstar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby Olos » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:31 pm

Well, my only objective currently is to get out of this God-forsaken place, and back to my own lands, so unless any of you have a way for me to make a good amount of profit here, I'll be walking out that gate just around those buildings. Or do you all fancy a bit of a trip?
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Elebrim » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:54 pm

Elebrim ran toward the gate and threw the door open. "I don't think I can do anything more here. The city has fallen, I am sorry to say. The only things left here are for scavengers and the depraved." Watching as another volley of arrows shot up into the air and flew into the buildings, instigating a few isolated shouts of fear and pain, he turned and started to head out of the cullis. "Let's go befor-"

An elven sword point was leveled at his throat. "Apparently, the reinforcements have arrived."
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby duckymcfeelgood » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:24 pm

Ducky sat up only to find an elven fist to his jaw. He laid on the ground for a second, letting the pain slip off. He took a quick look at the odds. They were four to twenty.

"Well ****, this doesn't look good." The commander walked over and punched Ducky straight in the mouth, knocking him back onto the ground, out cold.

duckymcfeelgood
Grunt
Grunt

Single Blue

Postby Andrek » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:26 am

Andrek was taken to one of the captains. They spoke for a few moments quietly enough that none of the warriors could hear them. He was then taken to another captian.

"This will be a long day." Andrek thought to himself.

Upon meeting the a few leaders Andrek found himself smiling and the kind, poetic speach calmed him slightly. By the end of the discussions Andrek bowed his head and called to every captain, "Mellon." He had lost all of his swine for trade. It was a small price to pay for passage. The arrows had stopped and he walked to the city gates.

"Marcadus, you can come down now!" He called out into the air with a loud voice that rang through the air.

He walked into the gates watching Ducky hit the ground.

"Lle naa belegohtar. N'ndengina ho. Tanya farnuva." He gives a token to the one who hit Ducky to the ground and walks over to him. He nudges Ducky with his foot.

"Is there a healer around here?" Andrek cries out in common. "Be not affraid, they will not harm you at this time."
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Marcadus » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:44 am

Finally making it to the rooftop he was aiming for Marcadus hears the distant call of Andrek coming from below him, sobbing a little at the realization that he just put out all that effort for nothing Marcadus just lets go of the wall plumiting towards the ground below yelling out as he falls

" Ya I hear ya I'm coming! "

As he falls towards the ground two large black wings rip out from his back, black blood soaking his already black shirt some falling to the ground below, slowing the decent a little but not enough Marcadus still his the ground hard rolling several feet before coming to a stop graoning a little

" That seemed like a better idea from up there. "
VB Kick Count 5
The Drunken Willow
Western Uruk-Hai Archer
Marcadus
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Andrek » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:06 pm

"It always does." Andrek chuckles and his speech patern becomes darker "Quam est cruor vetus amicus , quod did vos satus is bellum? Is sumptus mihi quinquaginta sus , vos ovis connubialis intercorsing diligo." He laughs a little harder and then finishes, "Do you know any healers in this area?"

He checks to see if Ducky is breathing.
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Olos » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:19 pm

Olos, having managed to avoid any physical contact with the elves, other than a few arrows pointed at him, began to wonder what this new turn was.

When this new figure started yelling at the tower, he looked and saw a black shape fall off, and then sprout wings, but there was no way it would have avoided a collision of some sort at that speed. Olos wasn't sure whether to hope the figure made it out alive, or died in the fall....

As he gathered his wits about him, he realized that this man next to them was for some reason keeping them from immediate harm.

Turning to the man he said, "well, you seem to understand these folk a bit better than I, know any way to get the arrows pointed away from my chest?, and if they don't mind, I'd like to be on my way out of this place."
Resident Dwelf.

HEIL o/

GOD WILLS IT!
Olos
Berserker
Berserker

Postby debuenzo » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:26 pm

Throughout the battle, Debuenzo and a small band of 20 or so others from a nearby village had been hiding in some trees on a ridge overlooking the eastern wall of the castle. He was traveling with Olos, but had left the castle a few days earlier to check up on one of his friends in a nearby village.

He was horrified to learn of his friends death from a scraggly band of ill-equipt survivors. Their village had been ransacked by the evil elven army. They had paid Debuenzo to avenge their family and friends. He was more than willing.

During the battle, he had ordered his group to attack when it seemed like the castle was secure, so that he and the defending army could put pressure on these bastards from two sides. Upon seeing the current situation, he decided to slip away and wait until the army was on the move so that he and his small band might stage small ambushes to try to kill officers and free captives (if any made it out alive).
Last edited by debuenzo on Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brother of the Black Company
debuenzo
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 30 Aug 2003
Realm: Numenor
Unit: Black Company
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and shield

Postby Andrek » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:09 pm

Andrek looked to Olos. "I can appreciate your concern. Though I think for the safety of all, you will remain at that arrows tip. I do not work miracles anymore. Though if you can provide some healing, I am sure we can get them to lower their weapons." Andrek seems very serious about the matter.
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Elebrim » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:26 pm

"I may be able to muster some more strength for today, provided I am given the opportunity..." Elebrim was staring cautiously down the tang of the sword blade at the elf who was holding it. "Lle tela?" Scrutinizing him in a manner that made Elebrim very uncomfortable, the elf slowly lowered his blade and gestured with it toward Ducky and the rest of the group. Elebrim quickly knelt over Ducky and examined him. "He is breathing, but not well. That last punch shattered half of his jaw."

Elebrim closed his eyes, concentrating. You were given these powers for times of greatest need. He NEEDS to live. Use your gift! Without thinking, Elebrim's hand was already moving toward Ducky's head, the familiar gold-white glow solidifying and warming the damaged bone. Slowly, the structure of Ducky's jaw line returned to normal, and his breathing eased. "He should be fine now," Elebrim decided, facing the rest of the group and standing. "Though it may be a few more minutes before he realizes where he is."

Still conscious of the nearby guard, Elebrim turned toward the two newcomers. "Pardon me if I am overstepping my bounds, but I'm not sure we have been formally introduced." Elebrim held out his hand in a gesture of respect. "I am Elebrim Mistblood."
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to Role-Play