First Knight of the Frost Hills
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Forsaken
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Sir_Mel » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:31 pm

Wow, that sucks. I guess I really can't say anything other than I'm not a cultist, but Oisin's had a good tract record up until this point, no sense in everyone disagreeing with him now. Ah well, it was fun.
Sir Melannen Arqueno, The Exemplar
Knighted by Sir Kyrian Hawksword
Minister of Metal
"The rising tide raises all boats."
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: The Amyr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword Board, Two-stick

Postby Elohssa Y'trid » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:46 pm

I'll just go ahead and join the "Oisin is probably right" wagon. He sniffed out one mafia member already, I trust the guy.

Vote: Melannen
Mountain Troll.
Elohssa Y'trid
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2007
Favorite Fighting Styles: Lefty.

Postby Sir_Mel » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:46 pm

See ya guys. :cry:
Minister of Metal
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Juicer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:51 pm

Meh, if I'm somewhat cleared, I guess that's okay.

Zwei ap Owen wrote:Juicer sho' nuff loves tuh shuffle.

Juiceros, the Deceptron. Kwisatz Haderach Musketeer from the future
Go headbutt a bullet.
Juicer
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 10 Aug 2004
Realm: Babylon. Blood in blood out.
Unit: HH
Favorite Fighting Styles: Brass knucks

Postby Elebrim » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:03 am

Oisin, I'm not giving out any information other than what naturally would have been discovered during the chain of events. Maybe they didn't target you at all, and the cleric was protecting someone else? :?: Stop making assumptions.

That being said,

Current Vote Tally:

Melannen: 4

With 10 alive, 6 is needed to lynch.
Templar Draconis Kestevara
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Unit: Templar Draconis Kestevara

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:41 am

You know what? I don't think Mel is the real threat here. I'd like to once again point out that Mango and Farin have just been sitting in the background biding their time. I think one or both of them is IC.

Therefore...

Vote: Mango
Murder Tundra Horde
Spike wrote:This is the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards and the rest of you are bad at things generally, too.

Tiberius Claudius wrote:I don't get cosplay. It's like a weekend-long Halloween in a hotel where everyone gets the herp, but there's no candy.
Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2001
Realm: Frozen North
Unit: Murder Tundra Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Southern Praying Mantis

Postby savetuba » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:37 pm

Rowan has a point, there are several too quite people out there, granted the "cop" has cleared Nor from being IC.

And because Oisin isn't sharing information with us anymore we are left to assume who has or hasn't been cleared.

That being the case I will continue to follow Osisn blindly, even though I don't like the idea of following someone blindly.

savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 4-2003
Realm: Aberdeen Militia

Postby Oisin » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:55 pm

UNVOTE

People following me blindly is, tbh, rather pointless. It's not fun for anyone, myself included, and it stifles the game.

I have my own suspicions, which may or may not be right. Anyone else who's actually paying attention to the game probably does to. We are on, what, day 4? And we are on page 5 of the thread? Let's hear something from some of the people who haven't been talking much. Nor? Farrin? Mango? Hello, are you there?
Oisín Leathshúileach ua Duibhne
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

An Fhírinne in aghaidh an tSaoil--Truth against the world.
Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby savetuba » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Oisin wrote:Let's hear something from some of the people who haven't been talking much. Nor? Farrin? Mango? Hello, are you there?

Oisin wrote:My role is Kegg, a regular Cop. I received an innocent result against Nor on night 1, and the same against Melannen on night 2.

Why did you try to blindly lead the masses to lynch Melannen if you cleared him on night 2? And why are you demanding that Nor speaks up and says something if you cleared her as well?

I'm beginning to dought your role as a cop. The past two lynchs may have been engineered to make the few of us trust you. I theorize that YOU Oisin are really IC.

My theory: You played it cool up till the 3rd day when you declared you were a cop and had cleared 2 random people of being IC. We were all skeptical. You then used the death of Spike to make us focus on a different potential thread, a cult. Dag may have messaged one of the IC members, possibly giggles, thus tipping you off to whom the real leader was. You agree with the speculation about dag and even encourage his lynching. Upon Dag's death we all learn you were right and begin to trust you. At that point you were probably fed up with giggles and seeing him as a big risk, gave us the information we wanted to hear to lynch him. Giggles Dies quickly, he probably didn't have a chance to ask you why you betrayed him(speculation), and we learn he WAS IC. Now you have the majority of us following your every whim. I'm even willing to bet that most people would rather lynch me that listen to this theory because you have them wrapped around your fingers.

Unvote: Melannen
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Sir_Mel » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:03 pm

Actually, that's really quite plausible. Not quite ready to stake my vote in that, but it sounds very solid.
Minister of Metal
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:10 pm

Some very plausible WILD SPECULATION Savetuba. You know what? I think you're trying to silence anyone who might point a finger at you. You did it to Spike, you did it to Versago.

You know what I think?

I think you and Mellanen have been playing us for chumps since day one. Mellanen pretends to want you dead just so you can rush to your own defense with some weak "If I were IC I would have..." line. All the while you've been trying to get to the head of the mob. When Spike became vocal on the first day you must have seen him as a threat to your leadership, so he had to go. Now you're throwing Melannen under the trucks tires. I can only hope he doesn't go to the gallows in silence. I know I won't die quietly my vote will speak for me after I'm gone.

Unvote: Mango
Vote: Savetuba
Last edited by Mekoot Rowan on Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murder Tundra Horde
Spike wrote:This is the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards and the rest of you are bad at things generally, too.

Tiberius Claudius wrote:I don't get cosplay. It's like a weekend-long Halloween in a hotel where everyone gets the herp, but there's no candy.
Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Postby Horati OTFH » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:33 pm

Rowan, that is a very good idea.

UNVOTE: Mel

VOTE: Savetuba
Knighted under Sir Diomedes at Chaos Wars 18
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Oisin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:12 am

Thank you, Savetuba. You're wrong, and I can demonstrate it in a fairly transparent fashion, but thank you for actually thinking and analyzing the game yourself in a serious fashion instead of just doing whatever I say.

savetuba wrote:
Oisin wrote:Let's hear something from some of the people who haven't been talking much. Nor? Farrin? Mango? Hello, are you there?

Oisin wrote:My role is Kegg, a regular Cop. I received an innocent result against Nor on night 1, and the same against Melannen on night 2.

Why did you try to blindly lead the masses to lynch Melannen if you cleared him on night 2? And why are you demanding that Nor speaks up and says something if you cleared her as well?

First off, it should be noted that my investigation is, to the best of my knowledge, only able to detect members of the Iron Crown (in non-setting specific terms, the Mafia), and not members of the Horde (again, in terms not specific to the theme of this particular game, the Cult, sometimes the Cult of the Giant Clam for extra ridiculousness). That's a fairly standard modification to the cop role in games with a Cult. Spike (role = Onyx) would, then, have been able to detect members of the Horde/Cult, but would have returned innocent results against members of the Iron Crown/Mafia. It should be noted, however, that in many circumstances, the cop is unable to detect the guilt of the Godfather and, since Elebrim seems to be following almost verbatim the roles that I used for the 2nd game I ran on these boards, which was abandoned during the switch to the new boards, the Mafia in this game probably has a Godfather role that is immune to my investigation.

So, then, to answer your specific questions, I think that we should lynch Melannen because I think that he's a member of the Horde/Cult, and we have to kill all of them, and all members of the Iron Crown, in order to win the game. My evidence for this is his extremely close collusion with Dagganoth during days 1 and 2, and I would hypothesize that he was recruited to the cult on night 1.

Nor, I included in the list of people I want to hear from, not because I believe her to be Iron Crown, as a matter of fact I'm pretty * convinced of her innocence, but because she's playing this game too, and it sucks when people don't talk. Also, what she has posted has been relatively well-reasoned and lucid, so I'd like to hear more from her.

savetuba wrote:I'm beginning to dought your role as a cop. The past two lynchs may have been engineered to make the few of us trust you. I theorize that YOU Oisin are really IC.

Go for it:

savetuba wrote:My theory: You played it cool up till the 3rd day when you declared you were a cop and had cleared 2 random people of being IC. We were all skeptical. You then used the death of Spike to make us focus on a different potential thread, a cult.

Yup, that's all absolutely correct, except that I revealed myself on the 2nd, not the 3rd, day of play. I did play it cool through, as I didn't want to attract the attention of either the IC or a random lychmob, and was planning on continuing to do so until I had a positive result against the Iron Crown. The death of Spike, and the revelation that there was another cop role set to detect another scumtype, set off some alarms, and together we were able to piece together Dagganoth's guilt as leader of the Cult. To be honest, I probably would have gone for Melannen first, you were the one who convinced me that Dagganoth should be the first target. Good play on that one.

As to why I decided to focus against the Cult immediately instead of the Iron Crown, I felt that the threat of the Iron Crown cannot be eliminated and continues with the same effectiveness until they are all dead, whereas the effectiveness of the cult can be severely dimininished by only a single lynch, because only the Cult Leader role (in this case Dagganoth playing Izareth) is able to recruit innocent townies to become villainous Cultists. So, now that Dagganoth is dead, the only threat that the Cult poses is that they can use their votes to try and lynch the good guys. That's a threat that will have to be dealt with at some point.

savetuba wrote:Dag may have messaged one of the IC members, possibly giggles, thus tipping you off to whom the real leader was.

That's where you start to get it wrong, by nature of game mechanics, and that, as I pointed out above, you were the one who picked out Dagganoth.

Anyway, game mechanics: Dagganoth does not message directly to the person he wants to recruit. He sends a message to Elebrim, who informs him of the result of his recruitment attempt (I assume that any attempt to recruit a power role or a member of the Iron Crown would automatically fail), and then if the recruitment attempt is successful, Elebrim then informs the new Cultist that he or she has been recruited. If Dagganoth had communicated about this game in any way with anyone not a member of his Cult, outside of posts in this thread, he would have been cheating. Which people in general may be doing, I don't know, but I really hope they aren't.

Elebrim, will you please confirm that my understanding of the mechanic is, indeed, how you are operating the role? Thanks.

savetuba wrote:You agree with the speculation about dag and even encourage his lynching. Upon Dag's death we all learn you were right and begin to trust you.

Again, absolutely correct, except that I did more than encourage his lynching.

savetuba wrote:At that point you were probably fed up with giggles and seeing him as a big risk, gave us the information we wanted to hear to lynch him. Giggles Dies quickly, he probably didn't have a chance to ask you why you betrayed him(speculation), and we learn he WAS IC.

And this is where you get it wrong again. At the end of day 2, I was completely convinced that Giggles and Juicer were Iron Crown. I decided to investigate Giggles basically at random between the two, got a guilty result, posted it, and you know the rest of the story. To be honest, my playing right now is as completely open-faced as I have ever seen in a Mafia game, and that's probably part of what makes you suspect me (assuming that you are not Iron Crown, which I am ready to believe for the most part), in that honest playing is in and of itself suspicious in a Mafia game, which is a game of dishonestly and secrecy.

savetuba wrote:Now you have the majority of us following your every whim. I'm even willing to bet that most people would rather lynch me that listen to this theory because you have them wrapped around your fingers.

I realize that I have the majority of you following my whims, and to be honest, I don't like it. It discourages creativity and independant thinking. YOU were the one who pegged Dagganoth on day 2, if everyone had followed my blind whim that day, he'd probably still be alive and Melannen dead. I'm not infallible, and I'm not a god-player, plus it's no fun for anyone concerned if this becomes one giant witch-hunt with me as Inquisitor Invictus.

I suppose that the posts since yours prove your last bit correct, although it's probably more about the fact that they're looking for any excuse whatsoever, and will settle for none at all, to lynch you on.

Rowan wrote:Some very plausible WILD SPECULATION Savetuba. You know what? I think you're trying to silence anyone who might point a finger at you. You did it to Spike, you did it to Versago.

What the hell is up with the bad blood between you guys? Seriously, people . . . get a grip. Rowan, I haven't pointed the smallest pinky toe of suspicion at him, and have never indicated that he's on my list of suspects to investigate. If he was trying to get rid of the people who are fingering him, you'd be dead long ago, and he'd be saying nothing towards me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Savetuba is innocent, just that I've never seen anything said against him that doesn't have at it's core, "I hate his **** guts IRL and want him out of this game, regardless of whether or not it's good for the rest of the players."

Rowan wrote:You know what I think?

I think you and Mellanen have been playing us for chumps since day one. Mellanen pretends to want you dead just so you can rush to your own defense with some weak "If I were IC I would have..." line.

Yeah, that's all great, except that it would require the two of them to be in the Iron Crown together, which considering that Melannen is in the Cult, is not very likely. I suppose that they could be the last remaining Cultists, but honestly, that makes no sense, because your argument for them being in collusion would require them to have started the game on the same scum team, which is impossible, since Dagganoth was the only cultist at the beginning of the game.

Rowan wrote:All the while you've been trying to get to the head of the mob. When Spike became vocal on the first day you must have seen him as a threat to your leadership, so he had to go. Now you're throwing Melannen under the trucks tires. I can only hope he doesn't go to the gallows in silence. I know I won't die quietly my vote will speak for me after I'm gone.

Absurd, to be honest.

I'm out of time for writing now, but Rowan, just know, I've got my eye on you, buddy, and I'm gonna keep it there. I think that you're the one who's in the Iron Crown, and you think that you can just lynch Savetuba off and then, when he comes up innocent, you can just laugh it off and say, "oh well, it was only Savetuba, nobody likes him anyway, and that's what's important." Good one, buddy.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:37 am

It's great that you're conveniently leaving out the possibility of savetuba being the IC leader (I don't remember the specific title) with Mel being the other IC subordinant. Why is it that this isn't a possibility? Is it just because you "trust" tuba?

You have your eye on me? Why? Because I'm thinking critically about the game? Go ahead a run an investigation, I've got nothing to hide and never have.

Why are you even bothering to try fingering cult members? If you can't detect them then what are you going on? What makes you think Mel isn't IC and is cult? You're grasping at straws just like I am only I think you're trusting the wrong people.

I don't know where you get off making like I have some kind of personal vendetta against Savetuba. I jumped in wanting to lynch Spike on day one to get things rolling while the majority of other voters were all for taking out Tuba, now it seems like maybe they had the right idea. Maybe if we had taken him out on day one then my friends wouldn't have had to die.

If you want a vendetta to take a good hard look at, why not think about the bad blood between Spike and Tuba that existed since day one.

Tuba is playing a good game, but I think he's coming to the end of his rope and is getting desperate. I personally feel like that last post tipped his hand and that's why I'm voting the way I am.

If you want your eye on me that's fine, but you're going to miss a lot of important stuff while wasting your time that way.

The way I see this, the Godfather has just gotten the cop on his side. A corrupt cop is just as bad, if not worse than the IC. I'd almost be willing to vote to lynch you, Oisin, if it hadn't been Savetuba that suggested it.
Murder Tundra Horde

Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Postby Sir_Mel » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:20 pm

Well, I'm sold on savetuba, that last post was pretty shady.

My victory is complete...
Minister of Metal
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:29 pm

don't get too comfortable Mel. If Oisin doesn't send the mob after me for his "suspiscion" you're probably next.
Murder Tundra Horde

Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Postby Horati OTFH » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:51 pm

Melannen wrote:My victory is complete...

A little shady don't ya think?
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby savetuba » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:11 pm

Oisin: Thank you for poking holes in my theory. It leads me to a different theory which I will explain below.

Rowan wrote:What makes you think Mel isn't IC and is cult?

IF Oisin is a cop then Melannen isn't IC.

Rowan wrote:If you want a vendetta to take a good hard look at, why not think about the bad blood between Spike and Tuba that existed since day one.

Could you provide some examples? I'm having a hard time finding such 'bad blood' between spike and myself. If there is any 'bad blood' between me and someone else it has been between both Dag, Giggles and Melannen.

Rowan wrote:Tuba is playing a good game, but I think he's coming to the end of his rope and is getting desperate.

Desperate I was on day one with so many people jumping on the 'I don't like him so let us lynch him' wagon. I'm still amazed I've lasted this long.

Rowan wrote:The way I see this, the Godfather has just gotten the cop on his side. A corrupt cop is just as bad, if not worse than the IC. I'd almost be willing to vote to lynch you, Oisin, if it hadn't been Savetuba that suggested it.

So because of your distrust in me you are going to ignore a shaky theory that was strengthened with your theory of oisin being under the control of a godfather?

And with that said, here is my other theory:

Suppose Oisin is a cop and Juicer, Rowan, Horati, myself, and Nor are all regular townies(and healer) and the others (4 people) are either IC or Cult. Our infighting and casting suspicion on each other is only playing into the other villain's plans and will most likely loose us the game. Right now our safest bet is to lynch Melannen due to his obvious participation with Dag, a KNOWN cult leader.

Assuming that Dag did have the chance to recruit 2 people, yet there is only one person that makes the cooperation obvious, there might be 1 more besides Mel OR there might not be. Given the past voting trends I'm more inclined to say Dag only got one person to join his cult. That means of the 4 people, Mel is most likely cult and the other 3 are either IC OR 1 townie and 2 IC.

Now assuming we do lynch Mel I'd be willing to bet the IC will ignore Both Rowan and myself because we both look guilty as hell & ignore Oisin until they know the medic is dead. They will most likely kill Horati or Juicer (assuming they are not IC). With said assumptions, I'd be willing to bet of the remaining 3, ONE is DEFINITELY IC! We have a GOOD chance of taking out one of them with only 3 suspects to look at.

Oisin: I'd recommend you focus your search on either Mango or Farrin. I'd bet you have a 50-50 chance that one of them is IC.

That is my theory, with the assumptions the 6 of us are not IC or Cult.
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Oisin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:56 pm

Righto, these are the people left alive:

Nor--Not Iron Crown, night 1.
mAnGo
Melannen--Not Iron Crown, night 2. Almost certainly Cult.
Rowan
Oisin--Cop.
Horati
Elohssa Y'trid
Farrin
Juicer--Not Iron Crown, night 4.
Savetuba

Assuming, then, that neither Juicer or Nor are the godfather, that leaves us with these potential members for the IC, and possibly another cultist:

Mango
Rowan
Horati
Elohssa
Farrin
Savetuba

There were probably either 4 or 5 IC to start with, so we have either 3 or 4 left, possibly including a Godfather, and possibly a traitor. Unfortunately, Giggles doesn't seem to be giving me anything on anyone else. I'm going to read through another time or two and try to analyze his posts to see if there are any clues, but to be quite honest, he's so bad that he's not really readable.

If there is a Masons' guild, now would be a really, really, really good time to step forward and name your members. If there is such a guild, we can more or less put a nail in this today. It's quite likely that stepping forward may get one or more of you killed, but at this point, it's really in the best interest of the town for you to do so.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby savetuba » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:31 pm

Oisin wrote:If there is a Masons' guild, now would be a really, really, really good time to step forward and name your members.

Thats right IC, Step forward and cover your tracks by claiming such. And while we are at it let us have the medic come forward so we know who we shouldn't lynch. You may die tonight from the remaining IC, but it will be for the greater good.(EDIT: END SARCASIM)

Oisin, such a move is more detrimental to our efforts! Now one or more IC could come forward claiming they are a mason/medic. Even Mel could do it and most of us are 90% sure he is cult.

Example: Suppose Rowan and I are both IC (not that we are mind you and assuming there is only 2 left) and we both step forward claiming we are part of a mason's guild. Then you will ignore us, focus the mob on other innocents, and we end up winning. (please note i used rowan and my self as an example)

As to your theory about there being 4 or 5 IC from the beginning. Of 16 starting, 4 or 3 IC would be more plausible. Especially if they were all able to agree on a kill in only 24 hours.

Not biased on names, just numbers:

1 - IC (dead)
2 - IC
3 - IC
4 - IC
5 - Cult Leader (dead)
6 - Cop
7 - Mod Cop (dead)
8 - Medic
9 - IC?
10 - Godfather?
11 - Mason leader?
12 - Mason?
13 - (dead)
14 - (dead)
15 - (dead)
16 - ?

Only 4 Townies? Not likely. That would mean a mason or cult recruit would fail over half the time. I'd guess at there being 7-8 townies.

So there should be only 2 or 3 IC left.
Last edited by savetuba on Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Sir_Mel » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:34 pm

Or maybe, I made affiliation very obvious to seem like I was in cahoots with another townie (or so I thought until he died). And really, I have some crazy hard win scenario that if a certain person dies, the townies win..
Minister of Metal
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Sir Farrin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:39 pm

ask and you shall recieve.
I am the high priest of BOB. You are welcome oisin.

I shall pray for you all!
Sir Farrin

Knight of Dunharrow
Lord of the Greybush!
Sir Farrin
Bandit
Bandit

Unit: HellHammer

Postby Sir_Mel » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:42 pm

He's lying.
Minister of Metal
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Elebrim » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:06 pm

Oisin: Your mechanics are correct. I have been the go-between for all role related messaging.

Current Vote Tally:

Melannen: 2
Savetuba: 3

With 10 Alive, 6 is needed to lynch
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Oisin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:15 pm

I believe him, Melannen, and tbh, he's been on the top of my list of people I suspected was the doc.

Jesus Christ, Savetuba, you **** idiot. Having the healer come out was probably the worst thing we could possibly have asked for. I think you just convinced me that they're right about you, and if not, you deserve it for that **** of a move. Outing the doctor at this point is probably the worst possible thing you could have done.

vote: savetuba

If I'm wrong about you, my bad, but right now, I don't really care for ****.

Farrin, tonight, flip a coin whether to protect yourself or me, don't tell me or anyone else, and we've got a 50/50% chance that the IC will miss the kill again, depending on which one of us they go after and which one of us you protect. I know the first thing you're going to say to be about that, don't say it, just do.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby savetuba » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:48 pm

I meant that in a sarcastic way. In a 'line up everyone, Oisin has provided a great excuse to avoid suspicion' way. (Note to self: add tone next time)

If the healer did expose him/her self to everyone that is the idiocy of the healer. I dought Farrin's authenticity. He could be IC trying to lure the real medic out.

And I do agree with Rowan. You are being far to trusting. Farrin could be IC for all we know.

And on a side note; be grateful you haven't been lynched yet, Cultist.
Last edited by savetuba on Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Sir Farrin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:56 pm

VOTE: SAVETUBA
Sir Farrin

Knight of Dunharrow
Lord of the Greybush!
Sir Farrin
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Oisin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:24 pm

Ok, that was a post in * mode.

unvote

If you guys lynch tuba tonight while I'm in bed (5 or more hours ahead of everyone else), I'm not sure that I'll mind, but for now, I'm cooled down enough that I'm not going to do it.

Anyway, now that there's a claim for the doctor forward, from one of the people who was already on my shortlist of suspected doctors, if anyone has damned good reason to know that Farrin is not the doctor, this would be the best time to come forward.

I'm going to post now so that someone doesn't hammer tuba, will continue in next post.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Oisin » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:33 pm

Here's the list of living players:

Nor--Not Iron Crown, night 1.
mAnGo--???
Melannen--Not Iron Crown, night 2. Almost certainly Cult.
Rowan--???
Oisin--Cop.
Horati--???
Elohssa Y'trid--???
Farrin--Doc
Juicer--Not Iron Crown, night 4.
Savetuba--???

That means that probably 3 of the 5, possibly four of the 5, of these players is Iron Crown:

Mango
Rowan
Elohssa
Horati
Savetuba

If someone else does want to come forward as the doctor, then we have an even better set to work with, because then either that person or Farrin is the actual doctor, the other is definately IC, and we can take another name off the list of maybes.

Anyway, the odds on Savetuba actually being Mafia are at least 60%, it would appear. So, let's set to work taking out that list of names 1 by 1. I'll have at least one more investigation, so we should be able to lock it down pretty well before I die. And, to be honest, at this point killing innocents off that list is almost as good for the town as killing guilties, because it reduces the total number of actual suspects.

So, sorry man if you're innocent, but . . .

Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Horati OTFH » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:52 pm

And considering I have been saying the WHOLE game that I am an elebrim...so DUR...
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby savetuba » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:52 pm

I still say you are guessing way to high on the actual number of IC. It could have been 2 or 3 to start with for all we know. And I know Farrin is lying because I am the Cleric! I missed night one, protected my self on night 2 and night 4 and have protected you, Oisin, on night 3. The IC tried to kill me on night 4, not you Oisin. When I die tonight, know that you will be next because I won't be able to save you any more.
savetuba
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Horati OTFH » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:40 pm

UNVOTE: Savetuba

VOTE: Abstain
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Juicer » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:51 pm

Savetuba and Farrin are lying! I am the healer! Or at least I could be! Or maybe I'm a cultist! Maybe the Godfather! Perhaps I am a bomb! The world may never know! My actual role is...:

"You are Black Cat, the assassin. You can send in a name to kill on any night, but only once."

...or is it?

Unvote: Melannen

Vote: Elohssa

He's sketchy, and I feel like erasing. Erase with me, brothers! To the great paper in the sky! AWAY!!!!

(who was that masked man anyway?)

Go headbutt a bullet.
Juicer
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sir_Mel » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:49 pm

Vote: Savetuba

Because you're totally lying and I'm the real slim shad- wait what?
Minister of Metal
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:53 pm

Well, if it turns out that tuba is the doc then we can always lynch Farin. Or we could do it in reverse order. I don't really care.
Murder Tundra Horde

Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Postby Elebrim » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:12 pm

Current Vote Tally:

Savetuba: 4
Melannen: 2
Elohssa: 1
Abstain: 1

With 10 Alive, 6 is needed to lynch.

*Edit: Corrected for miscount. Please only submit votes once.
Last edited by Elebrim on Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Sir_Mel » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 pm

Come on juicer, vote savetuba, you know it's good for you.
Minister of Metal
Sir_Mel
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Juicer » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:53 am

Are you kidding? I'm driving my own bandwagon now! And I decree that Elohssa must die! Underlings, ASSEMBLE!!!!

Go headbutt a bullet.
Juicer
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Oisin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:11 am

Unvote

So, either Farrin or Savetuba are mafia, and the other one's the doctor. Great, that means whichever one dies tonight, the other one is scum.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Oisin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:35 am

Now that I've unvoted, this actually plays quite well into our hands. I am still far more inclined to believe Farrin than Savetuba, but we'll see.

Ok, so, that narrows our list of unknowns even further.

Mango
Rowan
Elohssa
Horati

If the doctor dies tonight, then we'll have another IC confirmed (aka, whichever of Savetuba and Farrin doesn't die and show up as a doc), as well as another night's investigation from me.

If the doctor doesn't die, then we won't be able to tell which one of them is lying yet, but it will also keep me protected for another night, allowing for another investigation, aka, whichever one of y'all is mafia, thank you so much for lying about it, you just did a * good shot towards ensuring that the town wins.

So, I still say we need to start knocking people off from this list I posted above. I really don't care who it is, at this point they all seem pretty * scummy to me. The bandwagon on Elohssa already has one vote, so to be quite honest, that's good enough for me. VOTE: Elohssa.

I think that we have at least 4 IC to start with, because you pretty much have to to balance out the number of other roles you have in the game, and the total number of players. That would mean, to start:

4 Mafia (Possibly including Godfather and traitor)
1 Cult of the Giant Clam Recruiter
1 Cop
1 Doc
1 Inquisitor

+1 more cultist recruited, maybe 2 . . .

. . . and god help us if there's anything else that's not on our side.

Doc, whichever one of you is really the Doc, from this point forward information is our most valuable asset, which might just mean that you're going to have to die, by making sure to protect me and not yourself. When you die, I die the next night, but between your death revealing an IC, my one last investigation, and a lynch tomorrow, we should be able to put a nail in this thing.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Nor » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:35 am

Sorry :P My internet access sucks :P

Either way I don't think Oisin is part of any evil scheme for that matter... He may be but I really highly doubt it.

Savetuba I'm thoroughly convinced is a regular town member. All of you have certain beef with him but who cares. Through it aside for a game. If you hate someone on the basketball team you'll still make them apart of your team. So even though you have pent up agression and random * against him get over it because you know he isn't IC or Cult. So why would you waste a lynch because you want to stick it too him...

The way Mel and dag were really close lead me to believe that they were connected in this game one way or another. So I do believe mel is part of the cult but I'm not sure how big a threat that is.

My suspicions against juicer have been lead away...

I agree that Elohssa could possibly be IC or the Cult. Less likely the cult though because he did help with Dags disposal. So I'm thinking more likely IC

Vote: Elohsssa (its really cuz your name buddy!)
Nor~Elf of Fury
"That Elf Chick"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/woodelfnor/
All My Photos...so far
Nor
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 10 May 2002
Realm: Khazad-dum
Unit: Dark Guard
Archery

Postby Horati OTFH » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:55 am

Once again, Oisin have you not read the thread. I am a townie. I have been a townie since day 1 and I still am. We know this from the way people have been killed. If it were I, Versago wouldn't be dead. Tuba would have been dead a lot earlier and pretty much the whole game would be different.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:01 am

I still think we should lynch savetuba. I'm sort of inclined to believe Farrin's claim of doctor over tuba's.

While it's possible tuba claimed the doctor role in an effort to protect the real doctor, I think it's really just a calculated move to keep the heat off.

Nor, don't make the mistake of thinking this is some kind of stupid internet grudge. While a couple of years ago Savetuba was something of a nuisance he's changed a lot since then. Who am I to say that people shouldn't get a second chance. I've gotten plenty of them and will probably need a few more before I shuffle of this mortal coil.

That having been said, I'm fairly sure that either he or Mel is the Godfather. If Tuba is the godfather then Mel is either cult or villager. If mel is Godfather then why would tuba want him dead? Because once again it keeps the heat off of him.

Don't lynch Elohssa just because his name is 'dirty *' spelled backwards, that's just stupid. Lynch someone you're fairly sure of.

That why I think we should lynch Tuba. He's been playing us all for chumps this whole time. He's been slowly but surely taking out his enemies and leaving us with nothing but cult and IC.

I didn't want to say it until now, because I was satisfied with Oisin drawing the mafia assassination attempts, but I'm the cop. Oisin is an investigated villager who came up clean. He agreed to this ruse, and has been passing information for me.

IC, if you want me, come and get me. I'll be waiting for you with a bladed handshake.
Murder Tundra Horde

Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Postby Sir Farrin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:02 am

listen I am hellhammer so that means I most certantly could not or would never be IC. I did save oisin last night and would save him in the future if I can. I totally belive tuba is IC and is trying to make a ploy to save himself to kill more townies. I think tuba still needs to die. then move on to the rest of the IC.
Sir Farrin

Knight of Dunharrow
Lord of the Greybush!
Sir Farrin
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Oisin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:34 am

Horati wrote:Once again, Oisin have you not read the thread. I am a townie. I have been a townie since day 1 and I still am. We know this from the way people have been killed. If it were I, Versago wouldn't be dead. Tuba would have been dead a lot earlier and pretty much the whole game would be different.

That's blatant WIFOM logic . . . what's to say that if you're in the mafia then (a) you have complete control over who gets killed, and (b) that you didn't kill Versago and leave Tuba alive just so you could make this argument? And don't say because you don't kill your friends, this is a game on the internet, not real life.

Rowan: I appreciate that you're trying to cover for me (if you're actually innocent and not scum trying to discredit the cop), but at this point, it's not really worth it, and there's too much of a chance that you're the bad guy for me to play along. Sorry, nothing personal, I'm playing by numbers right now. You're on the short list to be investigated, so we'll see--if you really are innocent, then your appreciation for trying to take my bullet, but it could just as likely be a scum ploy to try and pull the doctor's protection away from me tonight.

Farrin: I believe you. As long as Tuba's alive, though, the IC can't kill you (or vice versa), because as long as the two of you are alive, we can't risk lynching either of you for fear of **** up.

I think we need to just suck it up and lynch Elohssa. It clears or damns his name, takes one person off of our list of people that we're unsure about, and my gut tells me he might actually be mafia. Lynching Tuba is, at this point, far too risky, because I just can't say for sure whether he or Farrin is lying, and if lynch him today, then I die tonight.

It's all about tactics right now, not personal

10 alive, 4 IC total to start assumed, so, that currently gives us:

3 IC
1 Cult
6 Town

Currently alive. Assuming that either Farrin or Tuba are scum, then we have a 50% chance of Elebrim being scum. If we miss, then we're looking at:

3 IC
1 Cult
4 Town

Which leaves us at lynch-or-lose.

If we hit, then we have:

2 IC
1 Cult
5 Town

In which case we're good, especially if I've come up with another guilty result.

To be honest, I'm willing to go for it. I think Elebrim is scum, I think we can do this.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Elebrim » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:50 am

Oisin wrote:Assuming that either Farrin or Tuba are scum, then we have a 50% chance of Elebrim being scum.

Oisin wrote:I think Elebrim is scum, I think we can do this.

:?:

Spike's ghost appears, gives Oisin a wet willy, and disappears.

;)
Elebrim
Hero
Hero

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:11 am

Oisin, you don't have to keep it up any more. It was a good ruse while it lasted, but there is no reason to take it into the end game. You have a good mind and should be able to reason out who is left once I'm gone. Good luck.

I am not at all trying to get the doctor to help me. If we lynch Savetuba like I want to, and then I die then we should know who one of the other IC is and be able to take them out. I personally only believe there to be three IC, not four like you've postulated. If lynching tuba turns out wrong then we can lynch farrin tommorow.

Honestly, I don't think either of them is the doctor. And if they are then it was incredibly boneheaded of either to ID themselves.

Like I said, bring it on IC. Doc (whoever it is) protect the towns people I'm going to give these bastards what's coming to them if they've got the balls to try something.
Murder Tundra Horde

Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Postby Elohssa Y'trid » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:36 am

Could you point out how I've been sketchy? Anyone? Please?

That said, I'm still sticking with my previous vote. I am convinced that Oisin is the cop, and that what he's saying is true. He's proven himself twice already, why not continue to believe him?
Mountain Troll.
Elohssa Y'trid
Scout
Scout

Started Fighting: 01 Apr 2007
Favorite Fighting Styles: Lefty.

Postby Sir Farrin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:36 pm

UNVOTE
Sir Farrin

Knight of Dunharrow
Lord of the Greybush!
Sir Farrin