Warhammer character

Strictly In-Character Interaction

Moderator: Misc: DM Group

Warhammer character

Postby Siggard » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:43 pm

i was thinking of going along the lines of having my character being a warhammer chosen who is a follower of the raven god tzeench...i am still at odds at what how make my story though... :sword: :axes:
Siggard
Grunt
Grunt

Started Fighting: 06 Aug 2010
Realm: Andor
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword n' board

Re: Warhammer character

Postby Caleidah » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:26 pm

You'll have to come up with a bit more background before you can go into it. Are you from the Chaos Wastes? Were you within civilization before you turned to Chaos?

Little things will make it shine.
Knight of Grond
Palatine of the Sons of Sylas
"But in life, the young king becomes a tyrant, and leads his people to war."
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Started Fighting: 03 Jan 2009
Realm: Grond
Unit: Sons of Sylas
Favorite Fighting Styles: Boot and Bottle

Postby Siggard » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:29 pm

thanks for the suggestion, i think i maybe should research a little more on the forces of chaos.
Siggard
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Caleidah » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:04 pm

For background on the gods, I suggest the Liber Chaotica. You'll have to hunt it down in a used book store or online.

For background on a the Chaos of Fantasy, there's the army books.
Knight of Grond
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Postby Siggard » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:01 pm

This is my story i have so far...if you see errors or ways i could improve on this tale, feel free to comment...

...My name is Siggard Mordus, i am a chosen of the chaos god, tzeench, i have no record or memory of my parents, but my only father with me now is Tzeench, the raven god, the changer of ways. i had made my home in the savage lands of Norsca; for a good portion of my childhood, i lived with the ferocious mauraders of Tzeench, and they were my only family, them and tzeench. i remember several human hunters from the southern edge of Norsca arriving in our lands...i was the first to strike at one...after a few hours of me and the mauraders slaying several...we offered them a choice: to serve the raven god or be :axed: ...unfortunately they had :finger: ...us off and were therefore sacrificed to the raven god.

...My childhood was not a happy one, it was filled with intense vigorous training, should i make a mistake in my training, i would be nearly beat to death with a lash by a maurader or lash my arm with a mutated arm. though behind all that it would add to my training as a chosen....i was found by a host of chosen who decided to settle in the area with the mauraders in hopes of building in numbers and strength to eventually march against the forces of order. my maurader training was continued, but with the addition of being trained as a chosen as well.

...that was when i had recieved my first sword (Blood Iron), which was a long, runed, broad-sword. i was initiated as a maurader-chosen at age 15 and i set out to find my place in the armies of chaos. i especially admired the greenskins other than my own race, and i befriended several of these beasts to which the advantages of this alliance were great. then, one day, when walking through the wastelands of norsca with one of my old childhood maurader comrades, he talked of a great leader by the name of Tchar'zanek, a great warlord leading a great host of the forces of chaos. i leaped at this sudden chance of destiny, that my time had come. my time of blood, war, glory, but most of all, to serve the changer of ways, the raven god, Tzeench! where i would finally earn my rightful place in his domain!

...many battles ensued, many of which i fought by Tchar'zanek's side...and eventually he saw glory and skill in me...of which i became his champion. in one bloody battle, i faced a warrior priest, i had slain many before him, but this man was not to be taken lightly...the moment before i faced him...Tzeench whispered to me...this man is no ordinary holy warrior...he is a champion of the empire! strike him down Siggard! and you shall earn your place in my kingdom! but should you fail, i will have you be impaled with pikes of a thousand dead warrior priests! i marched toward the warrior priest, yet before i could strike him, my best friend, a maurader, came with one mutated arm shouting "Siggard! i shall cleave his soul for you!" but the priest was what Tzeench claimed him to be...he then had his head smashed in by a mighty warhammer...there was no lie that he was a champion warrior priest, and he spoke in hearty low tones,"Come and face me unholy *! and feel the wrath of my god, Sigmar! Tzeench shall neal at Sigmar's feet!", i replied with a voice able to make ten golden knights cower with cringing terror" there can be no escape from the real truth, stupid priest! Tzeench shall find your soul very deliciously tasting!" i then rushed him on and we faced each other in a bloody mess. he had cleaved through my armor and left a nasty gash in my side, but i had finally cleaved his head, which i then stuck it upon one of my spaulder's spike as a warning to all of the forces of order that i was a force to be reckoned with.

...those battles were long past, but i still fight to this day...fighting for Tzeench, who shall be the god who prevails over Sigmar or any bastards that follow him.
Siggard
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Caleidah » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:29 pm

Step one: Capitalization and punctuation.
Step two: Grammar

Chosen of Chaos are not trained into the position. Chosen of Chaos are in that position only by the whims of the gods. Yeah, becoming a warrior under Chaos is as simple as worshiping the god. Becoming a Chosen means that you exemplify what it means both to be a warrior and to be a servant of (in your case) Tzeentch.

My suggestion: Lay off the Chosen title until you've been in the game a little longer. Other folks that go with backgrounds involving Chaos would likely be unappreciative of it if a newbie walked around calling himself a Chosen of Chaos.
Knight of Grond
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Postby Siggard » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:50 pm

i can see your point in that, but currently there are no chosen in my group, so by that means im safe....another thing...how would chosen learn their rune powers and dark magic? i think by training...but anyway thanks for the suggestions.
Siggard
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Caleidah » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:02 am

You would learn the dark powers through -study- or chaotic texts in the case of sorcerers and some warriors, by having the runes passed down from another (training works in this case), or from pure inspiration from the gods.

There are people on a national level that do worship chaos as a whole, though. It's the same reason that it is highly recommended that people not call themselves "Sir Somethingorother" unless they have gone through the process to be knighted.
Knight of Grond
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Postby Siggard » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:11 am

oh ok i see your point...ok ill modify my story a little bit :post:
Siggard
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Kain » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:33 pm

*Flips through the witch hunters hand book* Hmmmm which weapon to use. lol
"These poor, simple folk - too fearful or too dull-witted to see the vulgarity and evil in their own midst. They wail and complain about my... uncompromising methods, but who among you can say that hanging half a village is a high price to pay for the assurance that corruption has been exposed and destroyed this day?" - Ernst Traugott, Templar Witch Hunter
Kain
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 08 Sep 2009
Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Militis Mortis
Favorite Fighting Styles: Tank

Postby Siggard » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:31 am

well said...although witch hunters are alinged with the forces of order are they not? anyway, i dont see anything wrong with that post, it seems pretty legit
Siggard
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Caleidah » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:52 am

Siggard Mordus wrote:well said...although witch hunters are alinged with the forces of order are they not? anyway, i dont see anything wrong with that post, it seems pretty legit

To get the question out there: Do you have any knowledge of the Warhammer setting outside of what you have learned from Warhammer: Age of Reckoning?
Knight of Grond
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Postby Spike » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:15 am

Yeah, like the fact that it's based on gobs and gobs of expensive plastic figures and there are tons of books out there related to the one very specific thing you are asking?
Spike
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 9- 0-2003
Realm: Pyke
Unit: Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Caleidah » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:51 am

Spike wrote:Things

Have I mentioned before that I sincerely enjoy you?
Knight of Grond
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Postby Titan G » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:19 pm

also as a worshiper of the changer of ways he literally could just gift you with knowledge. it may not be the gift it seems or it may. tzeentch is the most ambiguous of the chaos gods. khorne, nurgle, slaanesh have reasons that can be figured out by humans to some extend (i.e. khorne wants murder to be done, nurgle the spread of disease etc.) tzeentch's wants and needs are the least knowable, so as far as backstory with training if he chose you as a champion then he literally could have just given you all the spells and power and **** you needed to rock the house in his name.
ABF
Squire to Sir Chance the Tall
Smile! It's Graavish!
the monster with the red right hand.
A Life well spent in pursuit of pointless hedonism.
You are to wit what Hellen Keller was to competitive paintball
Murder means never saying your sorry.
Happy to live in a world were piracy is once again a viable career choice.
"Look men, something in the distance we haven't burned yet!"- Sherman
Titan G
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 04 Apr 2004
Realm: Dur Demarion
Favorite Fighting Styles: stick jockering douche baggery

Postby Siggard » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:39 pm

ok looks like i havent researched enuff
Siggard
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Titan G » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:08 pm

chaos is always changing. you may want to attempt to play a norsi before you become a champion (FYI in belegarth if you actually wanted it to mean something you could squire to one of the dark knights out there and when entitled instead of choosing Sir as your title you cause take something like champion to go along with your character)

the norsi were the native chaos worshippers of the empire before it's formation by sigmar heldenhammer. they were chased to the frozen parts of the chaos wastelands during the formations of sigmar's empire and forever swore a racial life debt against humanity. they worship a raven god aspect of what many beleive to be tzeentch.
ABF
Squire to Sir Chance the Tall
Smile! It's Graavish!
the monster with the red right hand.
A Life well spent in pursuit of pointless hedonism.
You are to wit what Hellen Keller was to competitive paintball
Murder means never saying your sorry.
Happy to live in a world were piracy is once again a viable career choice.
"Look men, something in the distance we haven't burned yet!"- Sherman
Titan G
Mercenary
Mercenary

Started Fighting: 04 Apr 2004
Realm: Dur Demarion
Favorite Fighting Styles: stick jockering douche baggery

Postby Cade » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:55 am

Speaking as a random fighter with basic knowledge on Warhammer...If i ran across someone calling himself Chosen...yea, id hunt him down first. Not because im mad or anything, but its the same thing as with the Darth thread you revived. There's an expectation with the title that you just can't get away from.

Its like if i ran across someone calling himself Frank the Magnificent...id hunt his magnificent * down and beat the hell out of him simply to find out if he truly is magnificent.

The only exception to this is the title of Knight. I learned long ago that just because someone has Sir before his name doesn't mean he is any good at fighting, or for that matter displays any of the attributes of a classic knight.

Also...why is it that everyone wants to be Chosen of this, or Darth of that, or Prince of this. Seriously, whats wrong with being a random foot solder? Also, if i read another back story where your parents are dead, killed by (insert stereotypical bad thing) and you left at a young age to (Insert Teen Angst Quest), im going to puke. Be a normal guy. Its alright, You don't have to be special...because the more you make yourself special, the more people like me hunt you down because they expect you to be challenging, and in a game where there is no real reason to actually fight, most people fight for personal pride and or the challenge of it.
Cade
Brute
Brute

Realm: Nomad
Unit: Southern Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Playing Dead

Postby The Great Gigsby » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:37 am

Good advice, Kade.
~ Kade ~ wrote:Also, if i read another back story where your parents are dead, killed by (insert stereotypical bad thing) and you left at a young age to (Insert Teen Angst Quest), im going to puke.
Hehe. I cannibalized my parents at a young age for entirely practical reasons.

~ Kade ~ wrote:in a game where there is no real reason to actually fight, most people fight for personal pride and or the challenge of it.
Interesting... I'd never spent too much time thinking about a motivation to fight. I've come up with a shoddy catch-all where I'm more or less a ronin, walking the path of enlightenment, but sometimes I'll incorporate a dream I've had into a goal in Belegarth. For example, walking to Western Wars, flying out to Oktoberfest and certain rivalries have all been inspired by dreams or daydreams I've had. I always try to justify my actions in Belegarth based on my own life as much as possible, that way I never exceed my own abilities in terms of how I act.
Last edited by The Great Gigsby on Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Postby No'Vak » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:37 am

Frank the magnificent would be awesome.

Plus I'd rather kill orcs :P.
Bugbear
Noik

Elebrim wrote:...I question why lately it seems like we must do everything that Amtgard does or else we are no longer the best fighters. I don't think it's right or necessary.
No'Vak
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2006
Realm: Realm
Unit: Big one
Favorite Fighting Styles: Beating up cheaters

Postby Siggard » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:44 pm

1st of all as you can see, i ahve changed my pic to a chaos marauder and that is what my belegarth character shall be...2nd, ya i think ill go with something more humble and not all epic...and i also am currently reading about sigmar heldenhammer and of his creation of the empire...
Siggard
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Tiercel » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:51 am

~ Kade ~ wrote:Seriously, whats wrong with being a random foot solder? Also, if i read another back story where your parents are dead, killed by (insert stereotypical bad thing) and you left at a young age to (Insert Teen Angst Quest), im going to puke. Be a normal guy.

http://www.pvponline.com/my-parents-are-dead/
Tiercel
Scout
Scout

Favorite Fighting Styles: Single Blue

Postby Cade » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:06 am

Chaos Marauder is a good call. Backstory really isn't my thing, but armor and garb i can give you advice on.

Breaking down the pic you have there...You are looking at an armored skirt, a gut belt, A few straps of leather over the chest, I would make them armor grade, and maybe a full sleeve or two depending on your fighting style.

I personally love this armor style, its very close to what im building right now, mine just has more of a Roman Celt theme to it rather than Chaos warrior.

If you are less then defined in the stomach and chest area, i would recommend going with a sleeveless shirt of some sort. The rattier looking the better. You could also go with a short surcoat or tunic. However, if you look like a beast, go shirtless.

you can build it yourself, by far the cheapest, or you can commission the work. There are any number of people on these boards who can build armor for you or help you build it yourself. Do yourself a favor and make sure you can meet with them in person. Don't rely on measurements and emails for commissioning armor. You really want it fitted to you, specially at the prices most people charge.

Once you have the basics you can decorate it with weird random things. Shrunken Heads, Bone Trophies, etc etc.

Other than that, good luck with your story and character.
Cade
Brute
Brute

Realm: Nomad
Unit: Southern Uruk-Hai
Favorite Fighting Styles: Playing Dead

Postby Siggard » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:06 pm

i should start workin out like hell so i can have no shirt on and be beast!
Siggard
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Teej » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Siggard HallBjorn wrote:i should start workin out like hell so i can have no shirt on and be beast!

The beefiest frank in the hotdog cart.
Teej
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 31 Dec 2005
Unit: Rogues of Gorewood
Favorite Fighting Styles: Spear

Postby Siggard » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:09 pm

maybe not beefy, that currently is impossible to accomplish because of my SUPER HIGH metabolism, but definitely gotta work on my arms and chest. i run cross-country with my high-school team so my legs are buff enough, and my lower chest is good...but anyway, i got to W O R K M Y A S S O F F ! ! !
Siggard
Grunt
Grunt

Postby No'Vak » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:26 pm

ADD
Bugbear
Noik

Elebrim wrote:...I question why lately it seems like we must do everything that Amtgard does or else we are no longer the best fighters. I don't think it's right or necessary.
No'Vak
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Siggard » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:13 pm

how the hell did you know i have A.D.D?! no seriously i really have ADD :eek:
Siggard
Grunt
Grunt

Postby The Great Gigsby » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:48 pm

You hide it so well.
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Postby Caleidah » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:38 pm

Giggles wrote:You hide it so well.

I never would have guessed it either.

;)
Knight of Grond
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Postby Siggard » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:39 pm

lol...all i gotta sa- whoa awesome! a hot topic store **** yeah!
Siggard
Grunt
Grunt

Postby NessiePop » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:33 pm

FTR, there is also a certain fun in being ridiculously out of shape and still going shirtless. I myself go shirtless fairly often, and I'm built like Chunk from The Goonies. Guess who rarely gets grappled? The sweaty, fat, hairy guy with no shirt, that's who.
War Chief of Clan McClung
NessiePop
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 18 Jul 2010
Realm: Crimson Fields
Favorite Fighting Styles: Blatant Lies

Postby Siggard » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:30 pm

i, for one, am not fat, im skinny, SO skinny that when i was in the 4th grade i was on the opposite of a diet, i had to gain lots of pounds
Siggard
Grunt
Grunt

Postby No'Vak » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:14 pm

You make me smile, Sigbaby HuggleBear.
Bugbear
Noik

No'Vak
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Role-Play