Belegarth Mafia 5 - Day 4 - Game Over, Werewolves Win

Strictly In-Character Interaction

Moderator: Misc: DM Group

Re: Belegarth Mafia 5 - Day 2 - Oh No......Vak

Postby The Great Gigsby » Wed May 25, 2011 7:27 pm

My top suspects are Caleidah, OisIn, and Bevin. I don't think it's out of the question that any of them could be corroborating with werewolves in order to lead us astray. This game of "he said she said" going on reinforces my suspicions.

For the moment, I'm willing to trust Mr. Di'Puts.

As for me, I chose not to vote yesterday because I do not believe in risking an innocent person's life with little to no evidence presented. I was willing to wait until the next day in order to search for clues and connections. It was really a stroke of luck that we managed to point out the wolf in sheep's clothing.
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Unit: Horde

Postby Oisin » Wed May 25, 2011 7:54 pm

That's interesting . . . two of your highest suspects are the person who delivered the argument that lead directly to lynching our first scum, and the person who delivered the final vote against said final scum? Plus, the easy punching bag.

I don't like that. So Giggles, why exactly is it that "he said she said" in a game that revolves directly around playing linguistic games of he said she said should be suspicious to you? No, I don't like you one bit.
Oisín Leathshúileach ua Duibhne
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

An Fhírinne in aghaidh an tSaoil--Truth against the world.
Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Bevin » Wed May 25, 2011 9:16 pm

I am still a bit suspicious of Koom and Horati, if only because Koom won't vote and Horati is a bit of a loose cannon. I can also see Oisin being a suspicious character (being overly vocal to cover up, perhaps?), as well as those who have not been as vocal (Giggles, Caleidah, and Guts). There is still not enough certainty for me to point the finger at just one.
The time I logged on to vote casts me as another under suspicion, then? Interesting. I was but 20 minutes later than Guts' vote, who has been lurking much of the time.
Bevin
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2006
Realm: Wolfpack of the High Plains
Unit: Kumpania del Ruv

Postby Koom Di' Puts » Thu May 26, 2011 8:03 am

Caleidah.... Through these last few accusations you have been very quiet. Have you anything to say to us or God. We do not want innocent blood shed today and I am sure that a lack of proper defense could end badly. Please, come forward and explain yourself with a more proper defense than your last.
Koom Di' Puts
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 17 Sep 2000
Realm: Dur D
Unit: Secret
Favorite Fighting Styles: Koom

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Thu May 26, 2011 9:32 am

I was just going to check-in when something hit me. Sorry if this doesn't come out super clear, but I'm trying to spend as little time as possible on this for these few days:

My leading suspects are still Oisin and Outhro. Oisin for the reasons I've already stated (compounded with his recent machine gun approach to accusations - Cal to Guts to Giggles, maybe just hoping one will stick?) and Outhro for the mutual support they've given each other - When Outhro voted for Az, it was based on some vague 'secret logic', which was super suspicious. And yes, it was Oisin who first pointed that out. But that was only after a night phase, during which if they were both mafia they would have had the opportunity to set up the exchange - Oisin essentially gives Outhro an opportunity to explain himself, after which Outhro gives the explanation that had already been stated in the thread by everyone else (itself suspicious - if he was merely agreeing with what was already said, why would he need to make it secret?) and then Oisin just lols and accepts it, making them both seem like good townies, and asks Outhro for suggestions of who to accuse?

And where has Outhro gone lately, anyway?
His Grace Sir Zwei ap Owen Liberator Domus Wyndhavinis
Arch Episcopus Venedotiae Dei Gratia
Dominus Meridiani Marchium
Miles Ordinis S. Mycaelis et S. Gorgii
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Realm: Gwynedd
Favorite Fighting Styles: Excommunication

Postby Outhro Youkker » Thu May 26, 2011 5:36 pm

I work at Roanoke Island Festival park, and I get 2 days off each week whenever they see fit. I am now on day 2 of 9 days working in a row.
Plus with the forest fire near by, the highway that takes me to work has been blocked and I have to take another route that takes 2 hours. So I have 4 hour drive each day on a full day and I get back late. today was the first day I got back early...plus I had to leave an extra hour early today because they were going to have a general meeting.

Enough about my awesome job and the horrible drives that I have to make....let me read some more before I can post about who I suspect.
"Gobo, what are you cooking?."
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
"Gobo know, me hate feet"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2007
Realm: Umbar
Favorite Fighting Styles: Ogre's Butter Knife

Postby Outhro Youkker » Thu May 26, 2011 6:00 pm

UNVOTE: Guts

I voted Guts to put pressure on him to come back to life and talk. If anybody else voted Guts, I would have asked why and interrogated them. This would have been a bit of a trap to anybody pointlessly bandwagon-ing. I have been checking before and after work to see if anybody voted Guts. Nobody did, so my plan backfired and I am relieved that it didnt get massive votes as I am gone to work every day.

A quick check without reading anything to see if there was any voting, and then leave to work. My plan was simple and nobody complained except for my lack of activity. Dont care, I was busy with the real world and dodging 2 black bears and a few dozen deer last night on my long drive home. Only the cop and my death will publicly show my mark of a townie.
the lighting and dark roads alone at night made one of the black bears looked like big foot walking on all four.

Back to the game. The hunter was stupid enough shoot one person at random and now plenty are jumping on the idea that he is not needed. by process of elimination, there is no need to lynch him. we know he is human and his vote will count. If at night he shoots Koom for being annoying and we find out if a wolf or not, well, it would be faster than discussing why Koom as an annoying scape goat to lynch.

and now to you Zwei, why do you want the hunter lynched so bad?
I am defending a job and a townie unless he is a liar and someone else pops up saying they are the hunter. Then we have to lynch all of them to make sure. Because this hunter crap is annoying me.
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Outhro Youkker » Thu May 26, 2011 6:01 pm

because **Who is the** hunter crap is annoying me.
I wrote that wrong. **** I am tired.
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Sir Guts » Thu May 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Here's the thing about horati and his situation. I don't trust or believe him. But it's a double conundrum because if he is the hunter its a big mistake to lynch him, unless he keeps going on randomn hunches and murders half the town himself.

You may be saying to yourself tho that no other hunter spoke up when oisin made the request. well if someone else were to speak up all they do if they are the real hunter is make themselves a target for the wolves and for the mob. Because even at that point we run the risk of 50/50 and might lynch the real hunter. It would help us real quick tho determine that the other hunter is wolf and posibly that oisin is wolf, but is the risk worth it?

Koom i think is just plainly a townie now with a speach impediment and a hard on for god. Probally some goblyns twisted joke on her pawns.

I'm not sure where to stand on oisin. Its a big risk for him as a wolf to out the other wolf and narrow them down to 2, but on the same time the amount of trust and damage he could do with that trust would be amazing asuming any of us can come to another agreement and vote.

with all that being said
fos TORBERTO
I doubt that he is indeed as dumb as az but his post kind of follow the same stupid logic that az was using and i would like to hear from him.

cal your also right up there on my suspect list so do speak up soon
Guts, sometimes Gutz
Sir Guts
Brute
Brute

Location: a box inside a box that is next to another box on top of a third box
Realm: Nightfort
Unit: Brotherhood Of The Falcon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Gross Burger and Dagger

Postby Galya » Fri May 27, 2011 10:28 am

Alright, just to figure out where we are now,

Current Vote Count:
1 Caleidah (Giggles)
1 Oisin (Caleidah)
1 No Lynch (Horati)

7 Not Voting (Oisin, Guts, Outhro, Torberto!, Koom, Bevin, Zwei)

Reminder: with 10 alive, it's 6 to lynch.

That's an awful lot of nobody voting. I already gave Cale a gentle poke, so hopefully he'll get in here soon and we can keep this game moving. Day 2 is taking forever, IMO.
Galya Grikhunter, former Belegarth Secretary, Horde Commander, and War Council representative.
Still an admin though, because people trust me or something. ;)
Blood Valley HoRdE: Massacring the Midwest since 2004
She/Her/Hers

Forkbeard wrote:So, you can't decide if that is Galya or Par? I have to admit, I mistake Par for an old woman regularly. But Galya is a beautiful and intelligent lady. I'd never mistake her for him.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 13 Sep 2006
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: dah HoRdE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board and Bat
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Torberto! » Fri May 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Truth be told, I'm a simple townie. No way for me to prove it, of course, but I don't mind jumping in for the lynch. I'm bloodthirsty like that...

I have my theories on who the Wolves are going to hit next. If I'm right, then I know who to vote against. Other than that, I can't see which person to lynch. Other than Koom. That God-preaching is kind of * me off, since I didn't get taken in the Rapture like Zwei's mom.
Torberto!
Underling
Underling

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Fri May 27, 2011 4:43 pm

* you Torberto!, you muy caliente bandito of mother's hearts!

Vote: Torberto!

*composure*

Unvote: Torberto!

Are we running a risk of hitting a deadline, Galya? I mean, I know who I'd vote for if I had to, but I'm still pretty conflicted about the whole deal.
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Fri May 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Also, just to be sure, I meant to

Unvote: Torberto!, not underline it (if it matters).
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Oisin » Fri May 27, 2011 4:52 pm

I has a strategery which I shall outline in more detail when I have more time on a computer.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Galya » Fri May 27, 2011 7:02 pm

Zwei ap Owen wrote:Are we running a risk of hitting a deadline, Galya? I mean, I know who I'd vote for if I had to, but I'm still pretty conflicted about the whole deal.

I'm not going to set a deadline just yet, no. But there have been games in the past that stagnated and died, and I don't want to see that happen here. I'll set a deadline if I have to, but right now as long as people keep talking and posting and trying to figure out who to kill, I'll let y'all debate for as long as you want. Just...don't take forever. I'm not the most patient Goblyn you'll ever meet. :goblin:

Oh, and I would appreciate bolding over underline, but it's not a huge deal. Bold is just easier to see when I'm scrolling through trying to come up with a vote tally.
Galya Grikhunter, former Belegarth Secretary, Horde Commander, and War Council representative.
She/Her/Hers

Forkbeard wrote:So, you can't decide if that is Galya or Par? I have to admit, I mistake Par for an old woman regularly. But Galya is a beautiful and intelligent lady. I'd never mistake her for him.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Outhro Youkker » Sat May 28, 2011 5:13 am

we have a few idiots, and many talking smart-ish people.
Day 2 has taken a week and we are not progressing in any way.

VOTE: Torberto
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Postby The Great Gigsby » Sat May 28, 2011 4:44 pm

I have little more to say unless we can agree on who to send to their maker. If it comes down to nobody wanting to get their hands dirty, so be it.
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Postby Outhro Youkker » Sat May 28, 2011 5:14 pm

I know, we are all stalling and dont want to be the one that start with sending someone.
I give up and have voted.
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Sat May 28, 2011 9:42 pm

Outhro, I only suspected Horati when he was acting scummy; I rescinded my suspicion when we established he was the hunter - points you seem to still want to spread confusion about. Now you're throwing baseless accusations at me since I've been drawing attention to your sketchiness. It's maybe understandable to be unhappy with someone suspecting you, but not to intentionally misconstrue their actions in order to divert attention from yourself. That sort of duplicity is for the wolves. Plus, you've expressed eagerness about lynching townies (though with a touch more caution than Oisin) and arranging for the hunter to shoot people for little reason (explicitly mentioning Koom, who I think is innocent - elsewise why would Az have wanted him dead? Unless it was some double bluff, but even my overactive imagination finds that hard to swallow - there's no way it could have been planned that way). Plus, he keeps making all these 'it doesn't matter if I die, I'm just an expendable townie / go ahead an murder me, it's no big deal' statements that I associate with dumb mafia who think their apparent willingness to die will actually convince people they're sincere.

There are plenty of people who seem suspicious to me: Oisin still, and maybe Torberto! for pre-emptively excusing any band-wagoning and also suspecting Koom, and all the people who have been content to just watch and let things unfold. But I guess if I had to pick the person who was most suspicious to me, it'd be

Vote: Outhro
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Outhro Youkker » Sat May 28, 2011 10:18 pm

I flipped a coin on Koom and Torberto based on most annoying.
We started voting, then we stopped. Everyone is practically innocent right now. I am just being more aggressive to vote. It has been a week. Lets not drag this out where we all get bored and quit the game. Everyone should vote on who and if we are all difference, we discuss. But not voting is not helping.
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Galya » Sat May 28, 2011 10:25 pm

Outhro Youkker wrote:It has been a week. Lets not drag this out where we all get bored and quit the game. Everyone should vote on who and if we are all different, we discuss. But not voting is not helping.

I agree with Outhro on this, particularly the emphasized sentence. It's a holiday weekend, so I get that a lot of people are busy. But if things aren't progressing a bit more by like Monday/Tuesday, I'm going to set a deadline. We need to move forward.
She/Her/Hers

Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Horati OTFH » Sun May 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Vote: Torberto
Knighted under Sir Diomedes at Chaos Wars 18
First Knight of the Frost Hills
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Forsaken
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Outhro Youkker » Sun May 29, 2011 5:48 pm

and that is just hilarious.
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Galya » Tue May 31, 2011 12:18 am

Alright, since there seems to be no real progress going on anymore, I'm now setting a deadline. If there is no decision made by Thursday at 5 PM Central Time, the Day will end with a "No Lynch" result and Night 3 will begin.

Currently, there are still these votes:
2 Torberto! (Outhro, Horati)
1 Outhro (Zwei)
1 Caleidah (Giggles)
1 Oisin (Caleidah)

And 5 Not Voting (Oisin, Guts, Torberto!, Koom, Bevin).

Let's get a move on people and kill somebody. I know y'all don't want to be finger-pointers, but it's in the best interest of the Village.
She/Her/Hers

Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Koom Di' Puts » Tue May 31, 2011 6:34 am

Brothers and Sisters, let us stay on the path... we have still yet to hear from Caleidah since the accusations were thrown out. That silence seems to show more guilt than anything else. *sigh* If I am wrong may god poke out my eyeballs with with his lightning bolts of fury and Rightiousness.....

Vote: Caleidah
Koom Di' Puts
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Bevin » Tue May 31, 2011 7:12 am

Torberto's randomness and accusations make me suspicious. Although rescinded, he still brought suspicion against our (supposed) hunter.
Vote: Torberto
Bevin
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Oisin » Tue May 31, 2011 8:58 am

Tor, whatcha got to say for yourself?

Or, someone make me a case against him.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Torberto! » Tue May 31, 2011 3:49 pm

What is there to say? I like Zwei's mom and I'm a Villager.

Since I can't logically vote Horati any longer...

VOTE: OUTHRO

because he lacks a sense of humor.

Plus, I backed off of Horati after he said he was the Hunter when it was obvious no one else would claim they were, either making one or the other of them the Werewolf. Simple math, really.
Torberto!
Underling
Underling

Postby The Great Gigsby » Tue May 31, 2011 4:56 pm

I'm fairly convinced of Torberto's innocence, but I only have my famous intuition to go by. If he does wind up with a noose around his neck and is indeed a villager, we can almost be certain that at least one of the people who voted for him is a werewolf in weresheep's clothing.

If he's guilty, then won't I look the fool...
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Tue May 31, 2011 5:22 pm

Just an FYI, even if Oisin and Guts both vote for Torberto! (currently in the 'lead') it won't be enough to lynch. I'm not sure exactly what the implications of that are, but it's worth pondering with the deadline.
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Bevin » Tue May 31, 2011 5:48 pm

Oisin, I am interested to hear your "strategery."
I merely voted so as not to miss the deadline, and chose one of the candidates. I have some real life stuff in the next couple of days, so I am uncertain if I will make it to the computer to change my vote (again). I did, however, have time to actually read more than a couple of posts, and noted that Outhro still had it out for Horati long after others had accepted what seems to be the certainty of him being the hunter.
Oh, **** me. Unvote, in the hopes that some other things will be brought to light, and I'll have time back to my computer before Thursday.
Bevin
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Outhro Youkker » Tue May 31, 2011 6:05 pm

Torberto is innocent too
I wonder why people follow my opening votes so easy?

Unvote: Torberto

Bevin, Why did you vote Torberto?
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Bevin » Tue May 31, 2011 8:04 pm

Outhro Youkker wrote:Bevin, Why did you vote Torberto?

You were the first to throw Az's name in the first night, and you were right then. I figure you might have some knowledge, or at least logic, behind your reasoning. Or, at the very least, you're very lucky.
Now I'm just confused, and as I am confused, have rescinded my vote. Do not want the blood of an innocent on my hands.
Bevin
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Oisin » Tue May 31, 2011 8:53 pm

Bevin is not pay attention fox.

Now that I've run the math more thoroughly, my strategy is wrong. It needs an odd number of players in the game in order to work, and less than 10. I'll be honest, I'm not confident in my grasp of who's what at this point, at least partially because so many players have said so little, so getting to a firmer foothold is going to require a sort of statistical analysis that is not at this point possible. It's utterly critical in order for this to work to have an odd number of players less than 10 in the game on day 3 or it's hopeless.

So, our options are:

1. Lynch someone today, likely **** up, and then have our Hunter (Horati?) kill someone else at night, which is likely to have another ****.

2. VOTE: No lynch (yes, that's my vote) and let the Mafia kill one of us overnight, giving us the requisite numerical count in order for this to work.

I really can't say exactly what it is that I intend to propose or else it'd be very easy for the Mafia to a few moves (both day and night moves) that'd throw the whole thing into chaos, so, I'd just ask that you trust me and that the Doc guards me tonight.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Tue May 31, 2011 9:18 pm

Wait, so you want us to either

a) Just lynch whomever (notice again the indiscriminate approach), which you think has a good chance of messing up, and also have our hunter shoot someone (again, same problem), all of which is totally bad for us.

or b) Not lynch anyone, which is generally recognized as being a bad move for the town

Because you has a secret math plan?

Oh, and wait, he wants us to commit the doctor to him, even though the hunter has been revealed, thus leaving him and every other good townie defenseless!

Oisin wants to commit us to a catch-22 and use our only protection for a plan he totally can't explain. Because we should just trust him (and man, he's earned it, huh?)! Otherwise it'll be hopeless, and we're all doomed!

As far as I'm concerned, this all tips the scales back to him.

Unvote: Outhro

Vote: Oisin
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Outhro Youkker » Tue May 31, 2011 9:25 pm

I didnt start the vote on the first day. I was the second vote against Az. Because every time someone posts who they think, they have some logic you can think about and then you can compare if they are full of **** or blindly jumping in because it is easier.
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Oisin » Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Having an even number of players on days is an even worse situation in the town at this point, and so many players aren't saying a * thing that it's impossible to get a good read on anyway. We need time, and we need input, and it's not happening so frankly messing with the math is about the only way there is TO get a handle on the game.

Also, I like all the little logical inconsistencies you're leaving aside. Like, the fact that I presented option a. as a straw man in order to deconstruct it (note where I say several times that that's the plan where we **** up), or the fact that in this specific situation (facing a deadline, bad information, bad player count) voting no lynch really isn't such a bad idea.

And also . . . I note that you're trying awfully hard TO discredit me, in several cases, when there's really no more evidence against me than there is anyone else and considerably more than some people.

I'm vocal and willing to put my thoughts in the open. Pro town move.

I was the callout on our first mafia kill. Pro town move.

And, yes, I'll stand by my earlier votes. Not only were they utterly and completely unlikely to actually produce a lynch, more a scare tactic to provoke participation, they were also a sounding board to provoke further response from other players. I've yet to decide what I've learned.

As a matter of fact, you've been gunning for me all day on paper-thin excuses and statements of past thought that doesn't match up to what you've said earlier. What's that all about? You note in your second post of the day that you "have to go back to my earlier theory" that you think I'm scummy. And yet . . . you'd never mentioned this theory before, or ever given any good reason for it, although you did mention my name in your post on day one as having been someone who knows Jimmy well despite the fact that I've only ever spoken to him about three times in my life.

And yet . . . let's do some vote analysis. See if that tells us anything. Like, maybe, how it seems almost as if Azgharehta were following your lead re: the Koom bandwagon on day one, and how you jumped on the wagon to lynch Azgh only after it was over the tipping point and apparent that he was going down anyway. Or how you were the first one to mention the possibility that a scum might help sink his buddy when it's apparent said buddy was going down . . . in that certain special way of those who feel guilty themselves providing a bit too much detail about a crime they supposedly haven't committed, especially when such scum jumps usually happen in the middle of the wagon (ie, right where you were at). That all seems awfully interesting to me.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby The Great Gigsby » Tue May 31, 2011 10:28 pm

unvote: caleidah

vote: oisin

I will explain my reasoning in the morning, until then, I ask that the doctor protect me. ;)
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Tue May 31, 2011 10:33 pm

Oisin wrote:Messing with the math is about the only way there is TO get a handle on the game.

I'm sorry if I don't understand this game as well as you do, but I'm not sure I get how math is supposed to magically guarantee a victory. You're the one asking the town to put all their eggs in your basket without a clear explanation of how this is supposed to work. Pardon me for being suspicious of that.

Oisin wrote: I presented option a. as a straw man in order to deconstruct it (note where I say several times that that's the plan where we **** up), or the fact that in this specific situation (facing a deadline, bad information, bad player count) voting no lynch really isn't such a bad idea.

Ok, so you set up two bad options, but you made sure one of them wasn't as appealing as the other. Sorry if I didn't get your re-direct; though it is the nature of the conman to get his mark to think he's making the decisions himself, which is what you've done by establishing a false dichotomy. Oh, and both the choices still suck, whatever you say.

Oisin wrote: there's really no more evidence against me than there is anyone else

I think I've made my case. You're constantly trying to get people killed for little to no good reason, and then you offer us this **** 'plan. None of my other accusations have been as detailed as the ones against you, except maybe against Outhro - but I notice you didn't step in then.

Oisin wrote: I'm vocal and willing to put my thoughts in the open. Pro town move.

Yeah, me too.

Oisin wrote: I was the callout on our first mafia kill. Pro town move.

This would have been more impressive if Az hadn't been playing so poorly.

Oisin wrote: And, yes, I'll stand by my earlier votes.

And I still think that if you were a townie, they were at best ill-advised.

Oisin wrote: As a matter of fact, you've been gunning for me all day on paper-thin excuses

I stand by my reasoning. It's more substantial than anything you've offered so far.

Oisin wrote: and statements of past thought that doesn't match up to what you've said earlier. What's that all about? You note in your second post of the day that you "have to go back to my earlier theory" that you think I'm scummy. And yet . . . you'd never mentioned this theory before, or ever given any good reason for it,

My 'earlier theory' was the one you reference below, jumping on Az early to gain trust. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Oisin wrote: although you did mention my name in your post on day one as having been someone who knows Jimmy well despite the fact that I've only ever spoken to him about three times in my life.

You've monitored his performance in past games. You know Jimmy's good; I don't care if you've never shared a beer with him.

Oisin wrote: And yet . . . let's do some vote analysis. See if that tells us anything. Like, maybe, how it seems almost as if Azgharehta were following your lead re: the Koom bandwagon on day one,

He was the third vote, and had reason to think Cal would also be on board. If he jumped on after me, it's probably because he saw a chance to get something going.

Oisin wrote: and how you jumped on the wagon to lynch Azgh only after it was over the tipping point and apparent that he was going down anyway. Or how you were the first one to mention the possibility that a scum might help sink his buddy when it's apparent said buddy was going down . . .

I'm glad you're willing to admit my theory makes sense. But I voted for Az for the same reason everyone else did - he was the obvious choice.

Oisin wrote: in that certain special way of those who feel guilty themselves providing a bit too much detail about a crime they supposedly haven't committed, especially when such scum jumps usually happen in the middle of the wagon (ie, right where you were at). That all seems awfully interesting to me.

Or you're just using pseudo-criminology to try to discredit me now that I've accused you. Maybe we can use that Princess Bride wine-reference some more! I'm also not certain I buy your theory that scum usually end up in the middle, but it is a nice way to try to define the terms of the investigation and direct attention away from yourself again.

Oisin says trust him, and put your fate in his hands and his hands alone! I'm just saying I don't **** trust him, and I don't like his power grab. Sorry if that upsets you, boss.
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Koom Di' Puts » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:14 am

Brother Oisin, I can not agree with you plan. Not only do you wish to kill upwards of three people... but there is a 50% chance it will be for not. If sundown comes upon us and we kill no one, the werewolves will that leaves us with 9, then the Hunter shoots another. We are again at 8. Even numbers.... If we do kill someone this eve... and the werewolves do as well... But the hunter misses his mark.... We again are at 8... You put everything on how well the hunter can shoot. We need to look to God for answers. Not math...for again it looks like the Devil is tempting us...Heaven forbid if I am wrong, but my vote stands.
Koom Di' Puts
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:51 am

Unvote: Torberto
Vote: Outhro

I just get this sense that he is playing us against ourselves.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Oisin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:10 am

Koom Di' Puts wrote:Brother Oisin, I can not agree with you plan. Not only do you wish to kill upwards of three people... but there is a 50% chance it will be for not. If sundown comes upon us and we kill no one, the werewolves will that leaves us with 9, then the Hunter shoots another. We are again at 8. Even numbers.... If we do kill someone this eve... and the werewolves do as well... But the hunter misses his mark.... We again are at 8... You put everything on how well the hunter can shoot. We need to look to God for answers. Not math...for again it looks like the Devil is tempting us...Heaven forbid if I am wrong, but my vote stands.

You mistake me. Option a. is exactly what I propose NOT to do, and I sure as hell don't want the hunter going off gallivanting again. In this setup on these boards, the hunter is in the game to make it HARDER for the town, not easier.

Thus, my abstention. I have some interesting theories, but little enough to work on for sure.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:00 am

Koom Di' Puts wrote:Heaven forbid if I am wrong, but my vote stands.

For Cal?
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:05 am

Speaking of which, can we get an official vote count? Mine looks like this, but it's worth double-checking:

Out (2) - Tor, Horati
Cal (1) - Koom
Oisin (3) - Cal, Zwei, Giggles
NL (1) - Oisin
NV (3) - Guts, Bevin, Out
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Sir Guts » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 am

Well here's my 2 cents. Take it or leave it. Zwei outhro or oisin one of you three seem to be wolf. Granted you could all be over zealous townies at this point. Hard to tell.

I'm still a litlle upset at how easily we accepted horatis word but understand that we have lil choice but to believe him. I would ask though that if someone else is the hunter, aim your gun at horati. Simple way to figure that problem out without a needless lynch and ousting yourself to the wolves. If he lives its either a missed shot or that he is the hunter.

Horati to prove you are the hunter make sure you let us know who you plan to shoot at. If they die, well bam we have proof and the doctor would be smart to protect you from there on.

I'm at a loss though as how to determine anyone elses intent. I don't trust oisins number game, and I agree that any and all of his actions could be taken as pro town or a brilliant mafia play of sacrifice the weak and confuse the hell out of us.

Zwei and outhro I have no real read on as bothseem to have good points and good rabble rousing as well. Again cal and torberto both need to speak more and me as well just to help keep things moving. **** though mafia is doing well inb keeping blended in.there kill tonight will hopefully shed some insight
Guts, sometimes Gutz
Sir Guts
Brute
Brute

Location: a box inside a box that is next to another box on top of a third box
Realm: Nightfort
Unit: Brotherhood Of The Falcon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Gross Burger and Dagger

Postby Galya » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:03 pm

Looks about right to me Zwei.
She/Her/Hers

Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby The Great Gigsby » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Guts, my good man; being the hunter is neither in the interest of the town or the werewolves. The hunter isn't privy to any information and is no more of a target for the wolves than the rest of us. Therefore, it would only make sense that if someone besides Horati were the hunter, than they would step forward.

As for the inevitable kill tonight, I do believe that if anything, the voting patterns today has shed a good deal more light on our grim conundrum.
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Postby Horati OTFH » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:27 pm

Oisin is my target tonight.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Outhro Youkker » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:40 pm

VOTE: Oisin
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Oisin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:22 pm

Good lord finally. Here's a true slip up scumtell.

Giggles wrote:Guts, my good man; being the hunter is neither in the interest of the town or the werewolves. The hunter isn't privy to any information and is no more of a target for the wolves than the rest of us. Therefore, it would only make sense that if someone besides Horati were the hunter, than they would step forward.

As for the inevitable kill tonight, I do believe that if anything, the voting patterns today has shed a good deal more light on our grim conundrum.

Giggles . . . how do you know whose target he is or isn't? Over-revelation of knowledge is one of the hardest scumtells there is, especially in a noob level game.

VOTE: Giggles

Lets see, other things that chime my fancy:

--Changing votes/suspicions as the wind blows with little to no explanation

--Always saying what's safe, and in favor at the time

--Questioning and keeping pressure on a claimed town power role in absence of any evidence of a lying claim

--Third vote on my bandwagon . . . safe in the butter zone, not too early, not too late

So, we'll see. /shrugs
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

PreviousNext

Return to Role-Play