Belegarth Mafia 5 - Day 4 - Game Over, Werewolves Win

Strictly In-Character Interaction

Moderator: Misc: DM Group

Re: Belegarth Mafia 5 - Day 2 - Oh No......Vak

Postby Outhro Youkker » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Oisin, maybe Giggles is going to get shot tonight from your logic persuading the hunter.
"Gobo, what are you cooking?."
"Boot still with foot."
"That is disgusting!"
"Gobo know, me hate feet"
Outhro Youkker
Berserker
Berserker

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2007
Realm: Umbar
Favorite Fighting Styles: Ogre's Butter Knife

Postby The Great Gigsby » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:33 am

Oisin wrote:Giggles . . . how do you know whose target he is or isn't? Over-revelation of knowledge is one of the hardest scumtells there is, especially in a noob level game.
You're grasping at straws, sir. Please tell me what knowledge it is that I'm revealing. I'm not concerned about Horati because he has proven himself to be, well... an imbecile. He killed a villager completely at random. If anything, it makes him more of a threat to this village than to the werewolves. I suspect there's no allaying his rampage if he has his heart set on murder, so the best that can be done is to point him in the right direction and hope that his aim is true.

The rest of your accusations are so vague, I almost expect more from someone who has been carefully analyzing every small move until now. The only point I think worth addressing is when you said:

"Questioning and keeping pressure on a claimed town power role in absence of any evidence of a lying claim."

To which I say, I would put the same pressure on anyone claiming a role. It's simple deductive reasoning. In this case, Horati is most likely speaking the truth. At any rate, this day will all be for naught since the sun is sinking fast and in the morning, another innocent life may be lost.
-Giggles

HORDE WIN!
The Great Gigsby
Hero
Hero

Unit: Horde

Postby Koom Di' Puts » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:10 am

My Brorthers and Sisters, I do believe that we need to make a decision soon. And unfortunetly I do not think we wil hear from Caleidah before the sun sets. Also Bevin has stated that they will not be around to vote. That leaves 8 of us to make this choice.
Koom Di' Puts
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 17 Sep 2000
Realm: Dur D
Unit: Secret
Favorite Fighting Styles: Koom

Postby Caleidah » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:27 am

((Sorry for my lack of posting. A combination of schoolwork and getting **** ready for Geddon has kept me busy.))

I honestly stand by my prior statement. I felt (and continue to feel) that Oisin has been throwing out his posts with an attempt of sheer force of words to keep people persuaded off of him, hoping that his "power of logic" would continue to keep him safe.

Vote stands.
Knight of Grond
Palatine of the Sons of Sylas
"But in life, the young king becomes a tyrant, and leads his people to war."
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Started Fighting: 03 Jan 2009
Realm: Grond
Unit: Sons of Sylas
Favorite Fighting Styles: Boot and Bottle

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:33 pm

Assuming Galya keeps us to our deadline, we are seriously close to ending the day on a no lynch. Just as a reminder, the votes stand as follows:

Out (2) - Tor, Horati
Cal (1) - Koom
Oisin (4) - Cal, Zwei, Giggles, Out
Giggles (1) - Oisin
Not Voting - Guts, Bevin

10 Alive = 6 to Lynch

It seems that Oisin has abandoned his mysterious math plan to accuse Giggles. I guess it wasn't as great a scheme as he thought.

Horati, if you're really willing to see Oisin dead maybe you should just vote for him instead. Like you, I mistrust Outhro, but unless people shift their votes that way it doesn't seem like he's going to get strung up. Koom, I'm also not so sure why you also expressed mistrust of Oisin but kept your vote for Cal (whom Oisin was trying to kill). Maybe I misunderstood your post, so could you make your reasoning a little clearer?
His Grace Sir Zwei ap Owen Liberator Domus Wyndhavinis
Arch Episcopus Venedotiae Dei Gratia
Dominus Meridiani Marchium
Miles Ordinis S. Mycaelis et S. Gorgii
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Realm: Gwynedd
Favorite Fighting Styles: Excommunication

Postby Sir Guts » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Gotta trust in my horde family. Giggles made no such tell of the future or secret mafia knowledge. God I hope this don't bite us in the *.
vote: oisin
Guts, sometimes Gutz
Sir Guts
Brute
Brute

Location: a box inside a box that is next to another box on top of a third box
Realm: Nightfort
Unit: Brotherhood Of The Falcon
Favorite Fighting Styles: Gross Burger and Dagger

Postby Oisin » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:14 pm

Since it appears y'all are going to be dumbasses, in my opinion this is the strategy that the town needs to follow in the next 24 game hours.

1. Horati, shoot Giggles tonight. Or someone, but anyone, really, the town odds are actually better with 7 alive than with 8 regardless of whether there's one or two scum left.

2. Cop, investigate whoever you like who's NOT Horati.

3. Doc, protect whoever you think is the cop.

4. Tomorrow, there should be 7 left. If Giggles is innocent that'll leave 5 town, 2 mafia.

5. Tomorrow, mass role claim. Everyone give their role straight out and townies DONT LIE. Cop, give your info.

6. Work it out from there, figure out who's lying.

And, good luck town, even if you are dumbasses.
Oisín Leathshúileach ua Duibhne
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

An Fhírinne in aghaidh an tSaoil--Truth against the world.
Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Galya » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Sorry I'm late. And chill Oisin, you're not dead. Not yet, and not by their hands anyway. Don't know what the night will bring...

Final Vote Tally:
5 Oisin (Caleidah, Zwei, Giggles, Outhro, Guts)
2 Outhro (Torberto!, Horati)
1 Caleidah (Koom)
1 Giggles (Oisin)

1 Not Voting (Bevin)

10 Alive, 6 to Lynch, and thus, Day 2 ends with No Lynch.

Night 3 has now begun. Night Roles, get your actions to me by Saturday at 7 PM Central Time.
Galya Grikhunter, former Belegarth Secretary, Horde Commander, and War Council representative.
Still an admin though, because people trust me or something. ;)
Blood Valley HoRdE: Massacring the Midwest since 2004
She/Her/Hers

Forkbeard wrote:So, you can't decide if that is Galya or Par? I have to admit, I mistake Par for an old woman regularly. But Galya is a beautiful and intelligent lady. I'd never mistake her for him.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 13 Sep 2006
Realm: Tir Asleen
Unit: dah HoRdE
Favorite Fighting Styles: Board and Bat
Pronouns: She/Her

Postby Galya » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:33 pm

As the sun rises on the new day, the stench of death is heavy on the air. The poor Villagers remaining awake to find not one, but two among them no longer living. The first is yet another unrecognizable corpse ravaged by the beasts who haunt them. And when his belongings are examined in search of an identity, a magnifying glass and carved tobacco pipe are found as well.

Giggles, Detective, has been slain.

The second was found similar to one the previous night; face-down with most of his body unscathed, save the gaping hole in the poor man's spine.

Outhro Youkker, Villager, has been murdered.

Day 3 has now begun. With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Galya Grikhunter, former Belegarth Secretary, Horde Commander, and War Council representative.
She/Her/Hers

Forkbeard wrote:So, you can't decide if that is Galya or Par? I have to admit, I mistake Par for an old woman regularly. But Galya is a beautiful and intelligent lady. I'd never mistake her for him.
Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Bevin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Horati OTFH wrote:Oisin is my target tonight.

Horati, care to explain how Outhro ends up shot? Mix up the O names? Or is it something else...

(another Real Life note - this weekend I'm going to a concert in Chicago, so I may not be on again until Sunday, depending on free time...the only reason I'm still here now is stupid * Comcast)
Bevin
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 0- 8-2006
Realm: Wolfpack of the High Plains
Unit: Kumpania del Ruv

Re: Belegarth Mafia 5 - Day 3 - Only Eight Remain

Postby Horati OTFH » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:08 pm

(Honestly, I did mix up names. I have been so scatterbrained with my wife being in and out of the hospital and not being able to sleep much.)

We can see from this that Oisin is a werewolf. He had mentioned to have Giggles shot.

Vote: Oisin
Knighted under Sir Diomedes at Chaos Wars 18
First Knight of the Frost Hills
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Forsaken
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Not much about this changes my opinion of Oisin, but it does negate my theory that he was working with Outhro. Still, all my old suspicions remain, on top of which he suddenly wants everyone to reveal their roles. He knew there was a deadline, and his plea came not long before it, maybe hoping he could gain a last shred of credibility and beat out the clock. Then the next day dawns, and hopefully he can coax roles info out of the town.

The big question is whether he could have figured out that Giggles was the detective. I don't have time right now, but it'd be worth re-examining Giggles' posts to see if something could have given him away. Oisin obviously wanted him dead, very suddenly and on paper-thin evidence.

Until someone convinces me otherwise, I'm still going to

Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Oisin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Horati, * are you doing? You're as big a danger to the town as the wolves are. Seriously, man, let's have some accounting of why the hell you're playing as recklessly as you are. I did the Mafia too big a favor putting a vigilante in when I designed this setup, it seems. And honestly, I'm not sure I believe the name mix up bit. Seems like too convenient a ploy considering you WERE voting for Outhro yesterday and our names really aren't very similar.

And, if Giggles HAD investigated me as guilty, do you really think we'd have taken so long to come to that vote? His opinion was clearly based on day actions not night investigation yesterday.

And yes, I'll say it flat up, I was wrong about Giggles. /me shrugs. It happens sometimes, and he really was throwing up a lot of subtle but quite present tells. If I had been Mafia, shooting him myself would've been the dumbest move I possibly could have made, it seems that's a calculated move to make me look bad on their part.

Alive:

Oisin
Caleidah
Zwei
Guts
Torberto
Horati
Koom
Bevin

This is bad juju thanks to our hunter's itchy trigger. We're going to be getting to endgame still with an even number.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Oisin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:28 pm

We had from Giggles two hints that might reveal his night investigations:

Torberto and Koom

Leaving aside that they might still be the godfather, or that Giggles might not have actually investigated them, let's eliminate Horati (unless someone else would like to claim themselves as the hunter?) to leave:

Oisin
Caleidah
Zwei
Guts
Bevin

I don't really read Bevin as suspicious. I'll claim myself as a vanilla townie, with no role or special attributes that I know of.

Caleidah
Zwei
Guts

Personally, my feeling is that Guts is scum, but I'm not 100% sure about that. All three read at least somewhat scummy to me.
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Sir Guts » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Plain and simple horati is scum. I don't care if its the name mix up or he's not the hunter. He's a plain liabillity. Until otherwwise proven or someone else better id say we are better off without him. That makes two players lost to his poor playing.

Oisin you think I'm scum because I jumped on your bandwagon and sry but your not still looking too innocent. The whole they are framing me bit is usually a mafia ploy that they due to other mafia to make mafi seem innocent. Betwween that and your az shenanigans I don't trust you. And 9outing roles is just stupid idea. Because all that will happen is the doc will out himself and mafia will just claim normal villagers. Great way to put the doc our only remaining unknown town role on the chopping block.

vote: oisin
Guts, sometimes Gutz
Sir Guts
Brute
Brute

Postby Horati OTFH » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:11 pm

Above and beyond what has happened outside of this game, the last week of nothing but people talking and not moving the game forward kind of made things boring. Killing people off gets the game moving quicker.
Knighted under Sir Diomedes at Chaos Wars 18
First Knight of the Frost Hills
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Forsaken
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Oisin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:37 pm

Dude, you do realize that your recklessness to kill the rest of us off is quite likely to cause the town to lose the game? It's stunts like that that have lead to the town (IIRC) losing every single game that's ever been played on these boards.

Guts, you've had it in for Horati the entire game. Sure, he's reckless and plays bad but you really want him gone despite his at least nominally pro-town power role.

The outing roles would work quite easily IF I had been lynched yesterday (which I thought I had been, deadline usually = -1 votes necessary to lynch, I missed the fact that deadline was no lynch in this game) and especially had our cop not been shot but even if he had. IF we had had 7 players today, but only if. Unfortunately Horati's idiotically quick trigger finger robbed us of the true benefit of a no lynch, ie, returning us to an odd player count. It doesn't work now because we have 8 players. If we'd had 9 players today, we'd have an extra day to figure things out but now we've lost a full day from our time until loss.

Tell me . . . what "az shenanigans" are those?

And here's something interesting. You say my wine in front of me argument is clearly a mafia ploy, and yet you used very similar WIFOM logic on day 2. Actually, this entire post makes me itchy:

teh Guts wrote:Ok one sorry for not posting. If it matters I wasn't lurking I was dealing with recovering from massive sleep deprivation. Anywho, I very easily could have kept the tide and pressure on Koom yesterday and didn't. I trusted Oisin's judgment. Bad move if I was mafia to sacrifice Az when Koom still had so many votes against him and kept the tide on him. I can pretty well say that Oisin and Outhro are town. Horati I still have my doubts but I will trust Oisin's trust of him for now.

Torberto I would like to hear more from you other than just one liners. Cal as well has taken great lengths to cast doubt and only vote in his defense with little logic to follow.

Koom I still am not sure about. He has spent great lengths to not vote or vote no lynch and prolong the murder spree of the wolves.

Giggles has said much of thorough logic but his absence the first day concerns me.

Bevin cast the last vote, but if a late vote is what condemns me I hope she is on the radar as well.

Zwei you offer patience that the rest of us need.

If you ask me Tor or Horati are my biggest suspects, followed by Cal and Bevin.

vote: teh_guts
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Galya » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Vote Count:
3 Oisin (Horati, Zwei, Guts)
1 Guts (Oisin)

4 Not Voting (Caleidah, Torberto!, Koom, Bevin)

With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Just going to warn the Villagers to tread cautiously at this point. It's getting too late in the game to be bandwagon-jumping. There's only 2-3 nights left, depending on how many die per night. Lynch lightly. All I have to say.
She/Her/Hers

Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Bevin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:36 pm

I am between voting for Horati (since he keeps killing innocent people) or Oisin because he does seem suspicious and his reasoning reminds me of Vizzini. At the moment,however, I will be voting for neither. It seems to be in the town's best interest to keep the hunter around if he would stop freaking killing villagers. And if oisin is a villager (which I kind of doubt right now) it may help to keep his reasoning self around. However, if he is a wolf, he is that much more dangerous because of his intelligence.
Bevin
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Oisin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:42 pm

It's ok, Bevin, you don't have to be a bad guy to be smarter than everyone around you. :angel:
Ard Laech
Fíanna Cú Ruadh

Oisin
Skull Crusher
Skull Crusher

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:57 am

Just checking in, as I will be sporadically for the next few days (up to a week - yea research papers!), but I'll try to dedicate some time when it seems necessary.

Oisin wrote:Dude, you do realize that your recklessness to kill the rest of us off is quite likely to cause the town to lose the game? It's stunts like that that have lead to the town (IIRC) losing every single game that's ever been played on these boards.

You've mentioned this a few times, and not that it matters, but I just wanted to point out that we totally won the last game. I agree that shooting Juicer was just plain stupid, but obviously I felt that Outhro was acting weird enough to warrant suspicion. Whether he deserved to get shot, though, I don't know - trying to find that vigilante tipping point seems like it'd be difficult. As we get closer to the end, Horati should definitely exhibit a little more caution.

Still waiting to hear from Cal, Tor, and Koom.
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:33 am

Is there like an event or something this weekend? I thought Armageddon started later this week (and I get that people are probably getting ready for that, but come on) - we're close enough to having 0% of finishing this game before then as it is. Look alive people, or you might have me agreeing with Oisin.
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Sir Guts » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:04 am

I'm just posting this for cal he's got some serious real life **** so he might not be posting for a bit.
Guts, sometimes Gutz
Sir Guts
Brute
Brute

Postby Galya » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:44 am

Yeah, Guts is right about Cale. And I think Koom said he couldn't post on weekends. Don't know about Tor though. You guys may just have to do your best without us when 'Geddon starts next Wednesday. I'll be gone then, as will Guts, maybe Cale, and Bevin? Not sure about the last two. I was hoping to get the game farther by this point, but oh well.
She/Her/Hers

Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Bevin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:38 pm

I will be at armageddon from thursday on but my phone normally has a good internet connection even out there.
for the mafia game nobody else has shared new information so at this time it is impossible for me to make any kind of decision.
Bevin
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Koom Di' Puts » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:51 am

Brothers and Sisters, again we have awoken to a sad day. Our detective and an innocent villager have been killed. In this mortal life it is not just our mortal life that hands in the balance. It is an eternity of peace. This town.... this village.... is to be drowned, like a newborn deformity. To be cut out, like a bleeding cancer. To be cast into hell like a stinking *...
Oisin your logic gained our trust in the begining. I now believe that you are the ring leader of these demon bred monsters. You shall be cast out in the eyes of the Lord. Forgivness was offered, and you forsook it. For if you are guilty may the Lord have mercy on your soul for you shall have no more here.

Koom Di' Puts
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Bevin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:10 am

I know Geddon is this weekend, but did everyone else forget about the game?
Bevin
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Koom Di' Puts » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:04 pm

((Been waiting to hear a reply also.... been waitin since the begining to drop the Ginger Snaps quote.... I feel better now....))
Koom Di' Puts
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:48 pm

I guess we just wait until everyone gets back or quit the game. We don't have enough people to play in the meantime. I don't mind waiting, as long as people actually pick it back up when Geddon's over.
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Galya » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:52 pm

I'm not sure who locked the thread (it wasn't me), but it's open again, and everyone should be back from 'Geddon now, so let's resume please. I hate to end another day in a No Lynch.

Here are the votes as they currently stand:

Vote Count:
4 Oisin (Horati, Zwei, Guts, Koom)
1 Guts (Oisin)

3 Not Voting (Caleidah, Torberto!, Bevin)

She/Her/Hers

Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Torberto! » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:14 pm

Myself, I no like to sit by and watch innocents die, but we must do *something* since that maricon Hunter of ours has an itchy trigger finger...

Torberto!
Underling
Underling

Postby Galya » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:37 pm

Well, that was quick.

Day 3: Final Vote Count
5 Oisin (Horati, Zwei, Guts, Koom, Torberto!)
1 Guts (Oisin)

2 Not Voting (Caleidah, Bevin)

Results

Convinced of his guilt, the final vote falls and Oisin is also dragged to the gallows just as Azgarehta was previously. The man also screamed his innocence, and threw accusations, advice, whatever he could as the noose was snugged around his neck. However, unlike before, there was no sudden burst of wolfish strength in the end. The body dropped just as a normal man's would, and after investigating his belongings, there was no evidence of anything out of the ordinary to be found.

Oisin, Villager, has been hanged.

It is now Night 4. All Night actions to me by 9 PM central time tomorrow.
She/Her/Hers

Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Galya » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Night 4 - Results

With the villager's numbers slowly dwindling, despair and fear runs high as the new day arrives, ushering in yet another unwelcome death. The decaying stench is thick in one particular alleyway, and with a quick search, the corpse is discovered; cold fingers still firmly grasping a large firearm, his eyes open wide. Clearly, he was after someone. The body itself is relatively unscathed, save for the large claw marks deep in his throat. Compared to the others, this was merciful. Perhaps as a small sign of gratitude. The rest of the village looks at each other with grimaces, knowing full well that this is their last chance to stop the menace within.

Horati, Hunter (Vigilante), has been slain.

With 6 alive, it's 4 to lynch. And yes, Villagers, this is your last Day. If you do not lynch a Werewolf today, they will overrun you.
She/Her/Hers

Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Bevin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Just so you know, brother, it is in your best interest to follow my lead. You win if I survive.

VOTE: Guts
Bevin
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Sir Guts » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:30 am

So we all made a bad call on oisin. We can still win and since I'm the only role left ill just call it out. I'm the doctor. I have no clue who anyone else is other than we can count on that the 2 wolves are ppl that voted oisin. Kooms first vote was for oisin. No clue otherwise as everyone myself included believed oisin was guilty.
Guts, sometimes Gutz
Sir Guts
Brute
Brute

Postby Koom Di' Puts » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:08 pm

Brothers and Sisters, I believe that Cal has pulled his devil's trickery over our eyes. My first instinct was that Cal was one of the Demon's and I went back on that. I now pray that I am correct but I go back to my frist choice that Cal is demonspawn.

Vote: Caleidah
Koom Di' Puts
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Unless anyone else wants to claim the doctor title, I'll trust Guts for the time being.

Who I don't trust is Koom (at least I trust him less than everyone else at this point). Early in the game, Bevin suggested that the reason he was all fire and brimstone and no substance was that he might be a post-restricted character who couldn't vote. That made sense given his early behavior, and he was content to just let us believe it and continue along that tack while we pointed fingers at other players. But then he saw that Oisin (who we know now was worthy of our trust if not deserving of it - his power grab behavior was way scummy, even if well-intentioned, I guess) was gunning for Cal. Of course, Oisin's basis for doing so was pretty slim, but Koom didn't realize that and maybe thought he had a good chance to move a bandwagon along based solely on Oisin's credibility.

I also agree with Guts that the remaining wolves are probably among those who voted Oisin dead. Koom came late to that group, when it looked like there was a good chance of getting it through but when it still needed momentum. He also just now voted for Cal (again), who was one of the only people who didn't vote for Oisin. Yes, Cal had voted for Oisin before (in retaliation only), but if he were a werewolf who really wanted Oisin dead, he would have tried harder yesterday and made sure to get his vote in - for a while, it looked like it might not happen after all until Koom stepped in, and then another wait until Torberto piped up.

As for why Az would have voted for Koom on day one, what else can I say but that Az was apparently not very good at this, and had some hare-brained scheme in mind such as I've described before (only poorly executed).

So unless someone role-calls the doctor other than guts, I'm going to

Vote: Koom
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Bevin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:18 pm

I'll go ahead and be big headed enough to think that my early posting moved others to post as well. :D

I have no reason to not believe Guts' claim to doctor. It is important that we do not lynch our doctor. He may get lucky and save the right person from the wolves in the night, if we make it until then. (So, I guess, Gayla, unless I am wrong in my thinking, there is a still a very small chance that the town side could get very lucky tonight - if we make it to the night, and then the doctor saves the right person). IF anyone else is the doctor, come forward now. That would pretty much put one of you as a wolf.

Koom did avoid voting for the wolf killed the very first night, and did nothing to correct our assumption that he was post restricted, then voted later days. Which, unless it was only a one day post restriction, comes across as pretty suspicious. Don't vote for a wolf, while being all "No, no let God sort it out," then voting when it's to lynch a villager? Pretty darn suspicious.

Again, I stress, to my brother, that we must be united. We must remain united from this point forward. We win if we survive.

UNVOTE: Guts
VOTE: Koom
Bevin
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Koom Di' Puts » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:33 pm

If you Lynch me tonight you will no longer have God's protection. Do not let Zwei Charm you with his words. He also was strong against Oisin's Lynch. As I said before, it is a shame Oisin was killed, but I do not see him as an Innocent. I still stand by beliefs that Cal is a Wolf.
Koom Di' Puts
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Sir Guts » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Bevin care to explain what you mean by your brother. Twice now yove said this so its no longer a mistake of adressing us as brothers and forgetting the s. So please fill us in if there's a role you have, or that might just be the mistake that identified you as wolf
Guts, sometimes Gutz
Sir Guts
Brute
Brute

Postby Bevin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:29 pm

teh Guts wrote:Bevin care to explain what you mean by your brother. Twice now yove said this so its no longer a mistake of adressing us as brothers and forgetting the s. So please fill us in if there's a role you have, or that might just be the mistake that identified you as wolf

It is one of those extra roles that I have with another in our game. (Tricky tricky Galya) We are twins with a mystical and deadly connection, which made our game play a bit harder, but also gave us an alternative means of winning. I have chosen to reveal myself, but will leave it up to my brother to choose if he would like to reveal himself.
Bevin
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Caleidah » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:23 pm

It's true. Bevin and I are bound by a mystical sort of connection. Koom has been on my radar since the first day, if only due to the strangeness of the posts. In the first day, the total abstention from voting wasn't too odd (I didn't vote, either, and I apologize again for my general absence), but the turnaround to a voting presence afterward when you had left it in god's hands before...

Sorry, holy man. You seem to be just another false prophet hoping to lead the flock astray.

Knight of Grond
Palatine of the Sons of Sylas
"But in life, the young king becomes a tyrant, and leads his people to war."
Caleidah
Boo Radley

Started Fighting: 03 Jan 2009
Realm: Grond
Unit: Sons of Sylas
Favorite Fighting Styles: Boot and Bottle

Postby Torberto! » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:28 pm

I must concur.

Torberto!
Underling
Underling

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:42 pm

Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Galya » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:47 pm

*. Fastest Day we've had yet.

Final Vote Count - Day 4

4 Koom (Zwei, Bevin, Caleidah, Torberto!)
1 Caleidah (Koom)
1 Not Voting (Guts)

With 6 Alive, 4 to lynch.

Results

With his eloquent pleas falling on very deaf ears, the self-proclaimed holy man is strung up and hanged with no hesitation at the end of this last day. The sun slowly fades away as the body gives its final twitches of life, and with it, a gruesome change becomes very apparent in two of the remaining five villagers. Without warning, the remaining Werewolves reveal themselves and tear into the poor, clueless mortals, leaving nothing but screams and shreds of flesh in their wake. As the moon rises, the pack howls their triumph, and deserts the very gullible village, hoping to find another that will fall just easily to their deception.

Koom, Villager, has been lynched.

And you all are dead. Game over. Werewolves win. Good job on being so * sneaky guys. And villagers...better luck next time.
She/Her/Hers

Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Re: Belegarth Mafia 5 - Day 4 - Game Over, Werewolves Win

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:56 pm

Just in case you were wondering, Az, Bevin, and I were the werewolves. Specifically, I was the Alpha Wolf.

The reason the game ended is because Bevin and Cal are siblings, which means that although Cal was technically a villager, he can also win as the last villager alive. Essentially it was going to be in his best interests to keep me alive to help keep Bevin alive to keep himself alive, so you were never going to have the votes or any other means to kill any of us once Horati died. To be clear, Cal is also a winner in this round of mafia - he either joins the pack or goes on his way, I guess, because why would we kill him if it means the death of one of our own?

Thanks for playing guys, that was fun.
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero

Postby Galya » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Sorry, I was getting to posting that part. Thanks for the good summary Zwei.

Alive:
Bevin - Werewolf Sibling
Zwei ap Owen - Alpha Male Werewolf
Caleidah - Innocent Sibling

Dead:
Big King Jimmy - Villager, Werewolf Kill, Night 1
Juicer - Villager, Hunter Kill, Night 1
Azgarehta - Werewolf, Lynched Day 1
No'vak - Villager, Werewolf Kill, Night 2
Giggles - Detective, Werewolf Kill, Night 3
Outhro Youkker - Villager, Hunter Kill, Night 3
Oisin - Villager, Lynched Day 3
Horati OTFH - Hunter, Werewolf Kill, Night 4
Koom - Villager, Lynched Day 4
Guts - Doctor, Killed in Endgame
Torberto! - Villager, Killed in Endgame

And for anyone who is curious:

Night Roles:
Night 1:
Werewolves kill – Big Jimmy
Detective investigates – Guts
Doctor protects – Guts
Hunter shoots – Juicer (successful)

Night 2:
Werewolves – No’Vak
Detective – Koom
Doctor – Oisin
Hunter – Koom (failed)

Night 3:
Werewolves - Giggles
Detective (before he was killed) - Bevin
Doctor - Horati
Hunter - Outhro Youkker (successful)

Night 4:
Werewolves - Horati
Doctor - Guts
Hunter - Torberto! (failed)

Anyone is free to make comments now. I totally welcome any suggestions how I can improve upon the game play or rules set-up should I want to run another one in a few months or so.
She/Her/Hers

Galya
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Big King Jimmy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:52 pm

So seriously... I'm first down??
King of Dunharrow
Commander of Clan of the Hydra
Biggy Biggy J
Rather Large James
James of Enviable Girth
Jimmington
Big King Jimmy
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2001
Realm: Dunharrow
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: Bat and Board, Archery, Spear

Postby Juicer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:15 pm

I like how I got randomly shot because I was a little late to check in... ****.
Zwei ap Owen wrote:Juicer sho' nuff loves tuh shuffle.

Juiceros, the Deceptron. Kwisatz Haderach Musketeer from the future
Go headbutt a bullet.
Juicer
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 10 Aug 2004
Realm: Babylon. Blood in blood out.
Unit: HH
Favorite Fighting Styles: Brass knucks

Postby Zwei ap Owen » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:21 pm

Well, Jimmy, it's like we said: you're simply too good at this game to let live. Call it the curse of competence.

That sucks about what happened to you, Juicer, though I can't say it didn't help.
Viking Illigetimus
Camhalta Fiannae
Lepidissimus Vir
Zwei ap Owen
Hero
Hero