DW- The Tavern- General Role Play

Strictly In-Character Interaction

Moderator: Misc: DM Group

DW- The Tavern- General Role Play

Postby Andrek » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:27 pm

OOC- The tavern is a thread that allows for General RP discussions, there should be no RP combat in here unless written permission is given by one of the DM mods.

Upon reaching a clearing in the thick woods, you find the old tavern master hanging a charred sign on a new building.

He looks down from his ladder and says, "Hail traveler! I finally have this infernal place rebuilt. Come in, rest your feet or your mount while I pour you some ale. What news do you have of the realms?"
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 5- 0-1994
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: Silver Dragons

Re: DW- The Tavern- General Role Play

Postby Andrek » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:46 pm

On the way to the tavern Andrek relates to Embara how the realm of Ered Duath had fallen into chaos multiple times, but always seemed stronger for it. The tales of the original knights that had focused on protecting only on the inner kingdoms, they had been trained at the side of the Templars, coming back only to offer protection to those who would pay the high taxes required for their protection. How Oasis fell and was reborn, only to fall again, though many of those people still remained loyal to the king. He also spoke of the pig farmer that was to rule Oasis, and dismissed his destiny of uniting the kingdoms of Ered Duath. How many of those who were citizens of Oasis had gone to build the curren Ered Duath, one where most claimed to be a Dog of War, or Forsaken. Many had embraced the use of illusionary magics to prevent problems from minor demons, as well it kept many of the Uruks away most of the mages in the city may seem to use blood magic, but this was almost always to hide from the darker groups that would fight to control Ered Duath.

As they came through a clearing they noticed a man getting off a ladder, speaking with a few travelers. Andrek called out to him, "Please tell me that you are not giving them my favorite wine!"

The tavern keep looked up and called back, "Well now that you gave your permission, I will make sure there is a round for everyone in the house!"

Andrek laughed and looked back at Embara, "The people of Ered Duath are simply surviving. Though the danger that I am sure your leaders are concerned about is the demon gate that was opened less than a few days back. I don't know who opened it, but it is not something I would care to leave opened." He walked into the tavern, holding the door for the Keeper, Shattered Fist, and Embara.
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Embara Cayosin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:59 pm

embar looks to the tavern keep as he walks by. "We will need a privet room where we will not be desterbed. and i need these three ingredeants for a personal matter." He hands a slip of papper the the keeper. " mix them as instructed and bring it to me in a glass of honeyed wine." as he lets go of the bar keeps hand he sumbles over into andreks side. fell dizzy and looking disorented. "Hurry sir i need that soon"
In Draconic
Loreat mrith tiichi - Die with honor
Valignat ekess vignar - Burn to Ash
lleisgar de lowan - Rise from death

Sieglatan wrote: it looks like you killed and skinned a tiny cow, and riveted the hide onto it.

Ignatius wrote:I love that he just got put in time out for a month!!!
Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Started Fighting: 02 Jun 2009
Realm: dur-demarion

Postby Andrek » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Andrek props Embara up, taking the Templar's arm over his neck. He walks him into a room in the back and waits for Shattered Fist to follow. He helps Embara to a chair, and then sits himself. "I certainly hope this drink isn't a permanent problem for you."
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Embara Cayosin » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:37 pm

it is a temporay fix untill i get the drug i need. we get our power to dispell magic from g\being fed a drug from the time we are very young. when we dont have access to this we get weak. and will eventually lose touch with reality and go insane. but i can go several moths without it if i take the brew i gave to the tavern keeper. i was long overdue for it and i had run out of my own supply on the journy here. the church keeps the drung under lock and key and will not give it to us unless we are under their supervision"
In Draconic

Sieglatan wrote: it looks like you killed and skinned a tiny cow, and riveted the hide onto it.

Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:33 pm

Rat follows the two in and finds a seat. Keeping to himself he listens to the two talk, making mental notes. Rat goes through his large satchel and puts a clay kettle and a small clay tea cup on the table, and waits patiently for the keep to return before he asks his question.
Name: Shattered Fist
Race: Ratling
I am the rat! <:3__)=------
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Started Fighting: 07 Jun 2003
Realm: Oasis
Favorite Fighting Styles: Hand Axes, Florintine, Sword and Board.

Postby Embara Cayosin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:37 pm

embara, impatient as always stands up to go see what is keeping the keeper. as he reaches for the door handle he falls to the side. passed out on the floor in his sleep he mutters about things he should not know of. 'two men walk in hells domain their bodies burn while their and souls are in chains, taken by the ghausts of the keeper of the gate, hell will win there is no end." over and over he mutters this chant until falls quiet and starts to wake
In Draconic

Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:18 am

The creak of the chairs. Smell of the wood. Sounds of the travelers. All very out of Rat's comfort. The scent of grains, now that's a familiar thing. He unfastens his cloak and removes some furs. Seeing Embara get up he calls out, "...ask the keep if he happened upon any good stiff bread today."

Rat sees Embara crash to the floor. He quickly makes his way to the side of Embara. The energy around Rat is temparance. Before he can say anything he listens to the whispers of Embara. When he quiets Rat rat begins his first aid routine, asking questions to see if Embara will respond.
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Andrek » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:26 am

Andrek as well jumps to aid Shattered Fist, "What can I do to help?"
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Rat motions a "shh" symbol at Andrek with his finger to his lips. Rat retrieves his water skin and grabs some dry greens from is belt pouch. He wets his only sleeve and dabs at Embara's forehead. He then places the greens in Embara's mouth.
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Embara Cayosin » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:20 pm

embara wakes up suddenly. " what is this.... ahhhh my mouth. it feels like the five suns of mirrodin burn in my mouth." Embara stands and starts pacing around, "what kind of peppers did you just shove in my mouth? water i need water. Bring the whole river i think i might need it." embara slumps into the soft cushioned chair, panting for breath,
In Draconic

Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:32 am

"Pepper?!" Rat scratching his chin. "Ah, sorry my friend. Sometimes I get them confused. The herb and pepper look similar when crushed." He gives a short chuckle, and tosses him the water skin. "Do you remember anything while you were out?" Rat asks with a raised brow.
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Embara Cayosin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:17 am

"nothing at all" he looks confused "why did something happen?" he said in between chugs of the water.
In Draconic

Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Andrek » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:03 pm

OOC: I apologize for the delay, Rat was going to post in here for me. He will be away for some time as well.

Andrek looks at Embara, "I remember the same thing happening to me when a young healer was just starting their training." The inn keep comes back in the room at this time. Andrek looks to him and says, "Once you give Embara his remedy, can you as well bring 5 pints of water for him?"

He looks to Embara, "You do realize why magic is suddenly becoming common place in this area don't you?' Andrek sighs and looks into the small fireplace of the room and says to himself, "Why can't mortals leave things alone?"
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Embara Cayosin » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:50 pm

embara takes the brew from the keeper and slowly sips it down. " there i feel much better now. Now Andrek would you kindly explain what you mean by what you have said. Start from the begging as the outcome of my investigation will determine if the divine mother will lead a crusade to destroy all magic in this land."
In Draconic

Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Andrek » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:37 pm

Andrek sits back and looks down, a shadow cast over his face. "A few millennium ago, when the first races of this world were new, the races of the world would not work together to develop as all things must or be destroyed. If you don't understand, I won't explain as it can take a lifetime to learn the eternal histories. In the end the elves made the first great mistake, and in their pride the gates have always existed."

He tilts his head to reset the bones in his neck, a rapid succession of pops can be heard in the silence of the room. Oddly enough the fire doesn't even make a sound and it grows a little darker even though the flames continue to rise. "Every few years some mortal means to make a name for himself, though they never do take the time to understand consequence or the rules of binding. This causes multiple gates to remain open for man generations, passing problems from father to son. I wonder if you have ever tried to sense the lack of light, a lack of warmth. Have you ever been blessed to find these portals, or do you rely on the traditions of the Templars to find mages in hopes that they can show you where the true problems are?" He looks up until he is looking into Embara's eyes.
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Embara Cayosin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Embara stars back an Andrek pondering the meaning of his words. "It is not the mages or magic that i, or any templar has a problum with." his eyes glaze over as his breaths become more steady. "magic was a gift from the lord. a gift he gave his people. it is the people who have become not corrupt. but corruptable. untill man stands as an unshakable fortress will the templars exist. the evils of our world is what we fight. not magic. the evil twists the minds of the mages. bends the flesh to its will and causes the vessel to accept evil as its master. it is these mages that i have been trained to defeat. i could care less about a random apostaite doing parler tricks for coin. it is the malificar, blood mages that i am after. what i have seen and what you have told me have no convinced me that evil has not taken hold of the populus. now you must remember that i do not understand the culture of yor land. all i know is the law of god. untill you can show me that blood magic is a good thing for your people will i order the grand cleric to stand down. untill then..." Embara pulls out a peice of paper and slams it into the table. "... the order of cleansing has been issued. the mages of this land are to be exicuted for the good of human race." embara hands the paper to andrek and motions for rat to read. "i was sent here to investigate this land and its people in 3 months the armies of the curch will be here. i will give my report then. what i say will determain the fate of this land. be it clensing or salvation. it is your peoples choice. " leaving the paper in andrecks hand embara starts to walk out of the room.
In Draconic

Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Andrek » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:12 am

Andrek sighs, it is almost as if he has forgotten ancient codes. "Embara, you are correct. Blood mages should be put to death, I have and will again fight with the Templar armies again against this vile perversion of the gift. Though wouldn't it be best to close the hole in your wall to keep more rats from pouring out, or should we simply keep trying to destroy each rat as it pours out? I am suggesting that you may not have been taught how to seek out these holes, or portals to Hell. I know that the Grand Master of your order abandoned the practices needed to find these rifts a few generations back. They considered it too risky to continue the practice after a few of his chosen generals had fallen into the snare of the power from blood sacrifice. "

He takes a deep breath, "You may head where you will, but I am going back to find a couple of men whom the Gods have blessed to close up this hole. I am sure they could use the help of a warrior such as yourself. Though if you want to continue to chase rats, the choice is yours."

He gets up and walks to the inn keep who is behind his bar, "We should accommodate our new friends, keep this up unless I tell you to remove it." He nails the decree on the beam above the bar. "Be wary my old friend, it seems the gates are opened again."

He walks out of the inn and heads back towards the forests of Ered Duath.
Sir Andrek-
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Embara Cayosin » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:32 am

embara catches andrek as he is walking out the door. "you are right. if you have something to teach me then i will learn. after all it is part of my duty to try and save this land along determining if it is fit for cleansing." embara motions to andrek. "lead on. i don't know if i may call you friend yet as you now know my purpose in your land but i will let you teach me about these gates. what i see will be cause for my decisions."
In Draconic

Embara Cayosin
Barbarian
Barbarian

Postby Rat Shattered Fist » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:32 pm

OOC: Sorry about all this. Somethings happen unexpectedly and then can't be helpe.

"Hmmm?..." Rat looks up from his tea. He sees Andrek just as he walks out the door. Instinct tells him to follow but remain unseen. He gives the two some time bedore he departs.

OOC: I'm not going to apologize for the crappy post. Truth is there is a lot I've missed and don't want to spend all my time one it

Additionally, the tavern is empty others may join freely.
Rat Shattered Fist
Gladiator
Gladiator

Return to Role-Play