DW- Surrounding Ered Duath

Strictly In-Character Interaction

Moderator: Misc: DM Group

Re: DW- Surrounding Ered Duath

Postby Versago Hayashida » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:35 am

"Horati! He is mine! You had your fun with the demon you killed." Versago picks up his remaining sword and charges at the demon. the demon picks up his hammer and swings at versago. Versago slides under the swing and cuts the leg off the demon. the demon topples to his knee.

The demon astonished says, "where did you get this power? You were able to kill Ukyo so easily and now my le..." before the demon could finish versago cuts his head off. "you really thought we were trying? What a joke." versago laughs.

"are you all right Horati? So much for our game eh?"
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Started Fighting: 07 Sep 2005
Realm: Ered Duath
Unit: Kittens of Battle
Favorite Fighting Styles: Club and Punch Shield, Red sword

Postby Horati OTFH » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:52 am

"I am unsure as to what came over me. I wanted to play around with these guys, but I couldn't help but want to kill them. Very strange. I have never felt that way before. Maybe being down here causes one to go evil." Horati walks over to his sword and picks it up.

"I think that these gates cannot be destroyed from the inside. It would be best to get to Kanna and figure out what we can to destroy these gate."

Horati and Versago leave hell through the gate. Heading towards Kanna, there is quite a large amount of smoke coming from Kanna. As the two approach, Kanna is on fire. People are running here and there, trying to save what they can. But the fire looks to have consume most of what is around.

A villager runs over to the two, sees Horati and Versago and lets out a scream. Pointing and Horati he yells, " YOU DID THIS TO US! YOU DESTROYED KANNA!"
Knighted under Sir Diomedes at Chaos Wars 18
First Knight of the Frost Hills
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Realm: Aquilonia
Unit: Forsaken
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Versago Hayashida » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:59 am

With a look of surprise Versago talks to the villager, "What do you mean he did this? He has been with me the entire time. This is the first time I have brought him to the village."

A group of villagers have gathered around the two. "How could you have done this to us Versago? How could you have let him into our village... we have lost everything!!!" a few of the village women fell to their knees crying.

"What are you all talking about? This is the first time i've ever brought him to the village. we only met yesterday!"

Frantic about what is happening to the village Versago yells "Lets get these fires out! You will tell me exactly what happened as soon as we are able to save whats left of the village!!!" Versago starts telling villagers what to do in order to save the village.
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:05 am

Having been accused of burning the village down, Horati gets to action quickly. He remembered this one sentence that caused water to burst out of his hands in any given area. Horati stands in front of the larger buildings still on fire, and he speaks the sentence he was taught many years ago. "Earth brings life, fire kills earth, water brings earth anew." With this sentence, water bursts forth from Horati's hands putting out many of the fires.

With these larger blazes out, Horati runs here and there to put out the fires for the rest of the area.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:19 am

With the help of Versago and Horati, the fires were put out quickly.

The villagers crowd around the two again. Versago defending Horati, "What happened here?"

The village elder walked up "This man," pointing to Horati "full of rage and hate, came demanding a book from your sensei's home. I told him that he had passed away years ago. That is when he started to burn our homes, looking for the book... what book..."

Versago interrupted, "But he was here with me for the past 24 hours. He has not left my side for we were travelling here for the first time together. Please trust me elder, I am not lying to you..."

The elder spoke again, "I know you wouldn't lie to us.. but then who was this person who came looking just like your friend, and what book he looking for?"

Versago replied, "Heihachi-sensei has been looking for a way to close demon gates, that may be what he was looking for... I need to find that book now! Where is the priestess?"
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:23 am

Horati notices a very beautiful woman walking towards them. Her fine clothing had been singed from the fires and she had quite a bit of ash on her face. "Versago, it is wonderful to see you again," the woman said to Versago. "I apologize for my current look. I have been trying to put out the fires that were caused by this man. You are looking for a book? I have many books, hopefully yours was not burned in the fires." She leads Horati and Versago to what was the palace, now nothing more than burnt walls, although not totally burned down.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:35 am

she opened the door to let versago in, "Come look at the books. your sensei told me to keeps his books safe for him." she glared at Horati, "You are not allowed in, I do not trust you."

Versago gave a sigh "Wait here Horati, I'll be quick." as Versago and the priestess entered in versago was suprised to see everything that had survived the fire. "Please priestess show me the books." She dug through some shelves only to find a small book. "This is all he gave me. I'm not sure why either since I am not one to follow the warriors path." Looking at the book versago sees the title, "The Way of the Warrior, By: Heihachi Gorobei" versago flips through the book see written notes about everything his sensei had taught him.. "This can't be it.. these are all training methods."

Versago looks up at the priestess, "Are you sure he didn't give you any other books?" She shakes her head. "All he told me is one day you would come for it and said one more thing to me.. Heihachi told me to tell you "Never judge a book by its cover" and told me then to keep the book safe till you came for it." Versago sighed, "Why couldn't he ever just be straight forward with things... always speaking in riddles..." Versago got up and helped the priestess up. "Please trust my friend as well, it was not him that did this to the village. I'm not sure what evil has come about but looks like they are hiding themselves by looking as others do.

They exited the building. seeing horati waiting for them.
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:54 am

"Wow, you actually are quick. Did you get any fun out of that Priestess? Hahah, I jest I jest. So, Versago, what is the plan my friend?" Horati turns to the Priestess, " I apologize for the village. Is there anything I can do?"
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:03 am

The priestess responds back sharply, "Yes you can leave!" she looks back at versago and then back at horati "But because you are his friend, I will trust what he says. If you both would be so kind and help us clean up the burnt homes to see how much we can salvage. Its been a long time since we have had to do anything like this.. since the days when Versago and his sensei helped us rid ourselves of the bandits."

Versago gave a grin, "We will be more than happy to help priestess. Horati, my sensei knew I would be coming back for the book, that is why we were so quick. He knew those gates would open again. The problem is... My sensei never liked to make things easy, all he said was "Never judge a book by its cover." That crazy old coot." So before we can get any information we have to figure out what he means. But I do have the book."

The priestess looked back at both of them, "are you going to come help?"
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:23 am

"Maybe the priestess shouldn't judge this book by its cover. I may look like this other person that set fire to the city, but I did not. But I am more than willing to help get the buildings cleaned up." With this being said, Horati begins to sort through all the burned houses.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:11 pm

"Under the circumstances Horati, I can't blame them for being weary. We need to find out who or what is impersonating you and get this mess figured out. I think the face that your willing to help has effected the way they are all looking at you. And with the elder believing what i say about you that will influence the rest of them as well."

Versago helps clear out some of the houseing with Horati and the rest of the villagers.
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 am

Horati is moving rubble here and there, trying to make sense of all of it. There are many houses that have trap doors under what used to be their floors. Horati, not wanting to pry as to what it is, just kept it to himself. But it appeared that every house he helped clean up had these "hiding spots."

"Versago, what are all of these safe keeping spots in the homes? Are they for money or information? What are they being used for? Do you even know about them? This is very odd that every house has at least one of them. Could some of your sensei's teaching materials be there? Or possibly some information on the gate?"
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Versago gets on his knees and sticks his head in the "hiding spot". "I remember these. This is where the villagers used to keep their access food and money. They used these spots to keep their valuables away from bandits and anyone else that may try to take things from them. My sensei may have just put something in these but he never did believe he needed to because he was strong enough to protect his belongings."

As versago got up the book he held fell into the hiding spot. "Crap..." Versago gets back down on his knees and reaches for the book. while pulling the book back out of the hiding spot it catches on something and the cover rips.

"Damnit. its just my luck...". Versago inspects the book and looks at the tear. seeing something in the tear he rips the cover off the book. When he is able to he pulls out a few pieces of paper that were hidden in the cover of the book. Glancing over them he realizes that these are the notes on how to close a demon gate.

"Holy crap... Horati.. This.. This is what we need. These are the instructions on how to..." Versago stops talking and reads the notes... "I think we are going to have a problem... It looks like there may be more than one gate that opens... and it depends on why the original gate opened up."
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:50 am

With the mention of the gate, and Horati starting to relax, his arm started to throb and ache. A burning sensation turned into what felt like a constant flame on his arm. "What is going on with my arm? It feels like it is one fire!"

The Priestess looked at Horati's arm and saw the deep cut marks from the demon earlier. "You have been infected with the demons curse. We can make it so that it will not hurt you anymore, but we have no total cure. We will treat the wound and give you protection from it causing more issues with your fighting and your life." The Prietess takes Horati to her personal medical area, treats his wound, and gives him armor for his arm that is adorned with holy symbols and runes. "This armor has been in this village for years and no one has ever been able to wear this. Apparently, it was meant for you."
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 am

With a big grin on his face versago tells Horati "I told you she wasn't so bad." Versago looks back at the papers "We need to find out what all of this means."

Versago reads aloud, "There will be a man craving the blood, the battles that will open the gate." Versago looks up at Horati, I guess that is the gate that we found." Looking back at the papers versago gets a bit frustrated... "Again sensei.. what is with these stupid riddles."
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:21 am

Horati's arm started to feel much better and having some sort of armor on his arm was going to help him fight things off easier. Not too big an issue. "Versago, let me look at some of these papers and let us figure out what it means."

Horati takes a look at the papers from Versago's sensei. As he reads he sees that there might be a cipher of sorts. But Horati could not figure it out. "Versago, did your sensei ever have you done some sort of training to particular words or sayings? Or was there ever any book that he told you to keep safe or secret?"
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:19 pm

"No he never mentioned any other books or anything like that." versago think about where his teacher may have put any information. "Priestess... Is sensei's home still at the top of the hill?"

The priestess looks down "No... It had burned down do to weather related problems years ago."

"Damnit, lets go look to see if anything happens to be there." Versago gets up and gestures for them all to leave to the house.
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Horati, Versago and the Priestess head towards where the sensei had had his house. "I wonder what this all could mean. Is he mentioning someone or something that opened the gate. What could he be meaing? I was unaware that people could open the gates. I thought you had to be either a demon or a sorcerer of great power. Do either of you know of either?"
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:15 pm

"Really thinking about it, I remember hearing stories about not only demons and sorcerers... but if you have the bloodlust and hatred of a demon that you may be able to open the door if you know the incantation. I remember there being a requirement as well for opening the door."

They continued to walk up the hill and reached the senseis house's remains. Seeing a memorial where the house once stood. "You built a very nice memorial for him." versago says to the priestess. The priestess bows in the direction of the shrine "Its the least we could have done for him. and when you pass we will build one for you.." versago cust her off. "hold on there, I don't plan on dying anytime soon so how about we not talk about anything of that nature... for a long time." the priestess giggles. "all right" versago starts looking around "do you remember if he had any type of hiding spot like the farmers homes?" the priestess shook her head "i'm not sure if he did or not."

"of course... never making it easy. well, lets start looking around then."
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:53 pm

"Versago, this could take some time, but, lets search everything very thoroughly. We must find more information or something. I know nothing of bloodlust, but have heard rumors that others may have the same type of power that I have from my heritage. But, I have never heard of a demon mating with a human. My people mated with humans creating myself and a few others to roam this world until Ragnarok takes us all. I might not ever die, but I don't want to spend the rest of my time here trying to find more information about this gate!" Horati bursts into a short laugh.

Horati, starts to look through the remains of the house very carefully. Mainly moving rubble away from the main portion of the house. "I think if we move most of the rubble away, we can search through this quicker."
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Moving the remanents of the the sensei's home out of the way. "Being human does have that draw back. we are limited in the amount of years we have on this earth. So I can understand not wanting to spend that time here moving this crap out of the way."

just to bring up small talk as they were all working. "In all my travels i've seen so many different races and creatures.. and I realize how lucky i was to have a sensei who taught me that even without magic, great sight, hearing and the like that I can rely on my own strength. So thats all I have ever used is my strength to protect the people around me."
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:22 pm

"It is odd to have magic, I will admit. But, I usually never use it, unless the time calls for it. My father, Uthor the Frost Giant, always taught me to fight with sword and shield. Magic had no use in battle, unless you were in a hurry or trying to defend the ones you loved. So, I tend to stray away from magic as much as possible. But, sometimes it is good to have."

Horati moves more stones, starting to clear out the main portion of the entrance way. "Well, at least we are making progress. Doesn't look like much is here, but there might always be secret compartments or hidden rooms. This is actually kind of exciting."
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:27 pm

"yeah to bad the end result wont be exciting. I can imagine the demons that are about will not be to happy about what we are trying to find out here." versago kicks some wood to the side.

"I've seen heavy magic users though. I can honestly say that out of the many I met that only a few of them have been good. Most have abused the power that was given them." Versago clenched his fist, "I've seen their damage first hand when my village was destroyed as a young child."

With a smile on his face again "which is probably why i'm good with brute strength and hate the thought of me using magic."
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:09 pm

"Magic is a sacred thing that should be used with concern and limitation. As you saw earlier, I was able to spray water from my hands, its a secret known to my people. There have been great fire giants that have attacked us, so we needed a way to fight back more effectively."

Horati moves what appears to have been a door. Most of the detail work on the door was still there. "Wow, this door looks amazing. All this work has survived. It looks like a man, going through a door of sorts. Versago, look at this. It might be a clue."
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:23 am

versago lets out a loud laugh "That door was the door to the restroom...."

"actually in all seriousness, i've never seen that door before." versago clears the rest of the stuff off the door. "ok, so it has hinges but there is no door handle. what are we going to do about this. the papers made no mention of the door."
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Horati OTFH » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:46 am

"Let's try to clean this door up and try to find any of the other doors and see what they all might lead to. I can only imagine your sensei left some sort of information or something. And it seems that these doors are where he may have left his mark to let everyone know what to look for or look at. Lets see if any of these other doors have something on them." Horati goes on the hunt for doors through the rubble, trying not to destroy any of them. Pulling more rubble away, Horati doesn't know where to look, but he does see some areas that look like they might have a door underneath of them.
Horati OTFH
Warrior
Warrior

Postby Versago Hayashida » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:52 pm

Uncovering other areas versago find a few more doors placed on the ground.. "Look at these. So far i've found 2 more doors or atleast what look like doors. I'm wondering what sensei was trying to say with these."

Versago maps out the floor plan, "looks like there is only one to a room so far. there were two more rooms in that area from what i remember."
Ronin of Ered Duath
Versago Hayashida
Bandit
Bandit

Postby Andrek » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:39 am

After speaking with Embara at the inn; Andrek heads out to find Versago and Horati in the mountains of Ered Duath. He does find a few portals opened and says quietly, "Boys.... what have you done?"
Sir Andrek-
Knight's who do not accurately think in leadership, are nothing more than silly children with a patch on their belt.
Andrek
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Started Fighting: 5- 0-1994
Unit: Silver Dragons

Previous

Return to Role-Play