Interesting archery scenario-from Armour Archive

Private Forum

Moderators: Kyrian, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Interesting archery scenario-from Armour Archive

Postby Kyrian » Fri May 18, 2007 9:55 am

What do you think?

Aaron wrote:Hi,

Here is a CA only idea. You could have a Robin of Sherwood Battle in the woods.

Everyone comes in with a "bag of loot". Put something that could be used at a feast in there that is worth five to twenty dollars, but non breakable. Like a six pack of beer instead of glass bottles of beer. Or loaves of bread, summer sausage, hard cheese, apples, etc... I'd like a historical type bag if possible, but in a pinch something wrapped tightly in a cloth would work.

Teams form up ahead of time.

Shoot an archer, get the loot. Rolling resurrection battle, so if you "died" just drop your loot right there, go to res point and come back in to get your loot back, and maybe some more.

Whichever team with the most loot in an hour wins.

Losing team serves the winning team the feast, but all partake at the picnic. If you had blankets to wrap up the food and stuff as your bag, you'd already have your blankets for the feast.

Everyone walks away fat, fed and happy.

NOTE: There would be a requirement to keep the bags of loot on you. This would make sure people just don't pile the loot somewhere and guard it. And a really successful archer would be covered in loot...

I think this sounds kinda neat. I might consider using "tags" or strips of fabric to represent the "loot". I know that being encumbered by loot is part of the scenario but, if we have regular fighters there also, I wouldn't want to see someone hurt by falling on their loot. I'd have everyone turn in their loot to one central location where a tag is issued that has the person's name and other distinctive features of their loot. At the end of the scenario, people would receive the loot for which they have the tags.
"...change requires action, it doesn't just happen. Define your actions by how you think the game should be, not how the game is. The game will follow."--Big Jimmy
Kyrian
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 0- 8-1991
Realm: Andor
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery
Pronouns: he/him

Postby B3A5T » Fri May 18, 2007 12:00 pm

I really like the food idea... Its making me hungary!
ZAO of the Kyulick Klan
Member of the War Machine

"He's a weapon of mass destruction..."
[omnia.aut.nihil]
B3A5T
Toadie
Toadie

Started Fighting: 0- 5-2003
Realm: Rivendell
Unit: Kyulick Klan
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, Ball and Wall

Postby Roanoa Kiran » Fri May 18, 2007 1:16 pm

I really like it too, but i believe a litttle tweaking mayb be in order. An hour seems like a bit on the highside for time.
Kinsmen
Roanoa Kiran
Monkey
Monkey

Return to History, Warfare, and Tactics