Viking Boar Snout?

Private Forum

Moderators: Kyrian, Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Viking Boar Snout?

Postby Jorvik the Jarl » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:08 pm

Ive seen a few of them but i am wondering, is that the same position for any amount of people, or does the attendance matter. Like do we fill up the arrow or just spread out farther.

thanks.
----Jorvik-----
Big Jimmy wrote:You've been on the board for a week and have 36 posts. This means no one has any idea who you are. I only remember you as "random dude that talks in the third person which seems to confuse the **** out of people." I guess that's something.

Jorvik the Jarl
Jarl of The Icelanders
For Valhalla!
Jorvik the Jarl
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 01 Jun 2009
Realm: Anduril
Unit: The Icelanders
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, any Reds, and archery

Re: Viking Boar Snout?

Postby Kyrian » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:33 am

The answer is...it depends. Here are a few things to consider:

1) How many people do you have for your boar snout?
2) How many have shields? Ideally you would want them all on the outside with the non-shields inside. If you don't have enough shields, then you may have to reduce its width. Shields are generally the best thing to have on the outside as they are most protective when in a boar snout formation.
3) How much training have you had to execute the boar snout?

Depending on how many people you have, trying to widen the boar's snout could cause you problems as to whether each person is able to support and defend each other. Also, in Belegarth's more-skirmish/less-line type of battles, the opposing line may be too spread apart for a boar snout to really be effective. The enemy line could simply open up to let you in and then close the line back up trapping you.
"...change requires action, it doesn't just happen. Define your actions by how you think the game should be, not how the game is. The game will follow."--Big Jimmy
Kyrian
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 0- 8-1991
Realm: Andor
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Viking Boar Snout?

Postby Jorvik the Jarl » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:51 am

we have enough shields for the outside, and ive seen a few(not many) but a few moments where it may have worked :D.
Big Jimmy wrote:You've been on the board for a week and have 36 posts. This means no one has any idea who you are. I only remember you as "random dude that talks in the third person which seems to confuse the **** out of people." I guess that's something.

Jorvik the Jarl
Jarl of The Icelanders
For Valhalla!
Jorvik the Jarl
Underling
Underling

Started Fighting: 01 Jun 2009
Realm: Anduril
Unit: The Icelanders
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board, any Reds, and archery

Return to History, Warfare, and Tactics