NEWSFLASH MELCAORME IV

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

NEWSFLASH MELCAORME IV

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Thu May 12, 2005 1:13 pm

Due to flooding the location of this event has been changed. The new location is Boyscout Camp Ingiwanis Rough 15 miles from the original site.

The old directions lead you to highway 218. Which goes past the road you'll need to take to get to the camp. The road you'll turn onto is C-50 as indicated on the map. If you get lost call 319-433-8719.

http://www.winnebagobsa.org/ingawanis/html/directions.pdf [/url]
Murder Tundra Horde
Spike wrote:This is the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards and the rest of you are bad at things generally, too.

Tiberius Claudius wrote:I don't get cosplay. It's like a weekend-long Halloween in a hotel where everyone gets the herp, but there's no candy.
Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2001
Realm: Frozen North
Unit: Murder Tundra Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Southern Praying Mantis

Postby Mekoot Gorlock » Thu May 12, 2005 1:27 pm

sorry for any confusion that this may cause. The weather just wasn't with us. But w are still going to have a great event.
Mekoot Gorlock,
Horde

Kyrian wrote:Thanks to the rain gods (that includes you, Gorlock)
Mekoot Gorlock
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 12 Mar 2003
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Blood Vally Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Whatever kills the other person

Postby Thorrinn Eikanskaldisson » Thu May 12, 2005 1:52 pm

How bad is the weather up there since Gunnar and Myself are driving 10 hours.
Thorrinn h?fu?k?pa skerandi Eikanskaldisson
Ulfric ?ttflokkur Dimma ?lfur
Swordbrother to Kensman Tauron
Thorrinn Eikanskaldisson
Gladiator
Gladiator

Postby Dr. Kazi » Thu May 12, 2005 2:32 pm

This is straight from weather.com

Friday: Showers with a possible thunderstorm in the morning, then variable clouds during the afternoon with still a chance of showers. High 63F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Saturday (The important day): Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 50s and lows in the mid 30s.

Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the upper 30s.

So honestly, not bad at all. Bring warm stuff for sleeping and walking around.

Can an admin sticky this until the weekend is over so it doesn't get buried under all the other posts? It is really important that people see this.
Goblyn Witchdoctor, PhD
Dr. Kazi
Berserker
Berserker

Postby Mekoot Gorlock » Thu May 12, 2005 10:31 pm

yeah the rain is stoping tomorrow morning. Its just the last few days worth of rain that made us move.
Mekoot Gorlock,
Horde

Kyrian wrote:Thanks to the rain gods (that includes you, Gorlock)
Mekoot Gorlock
Veteran
Veteran

Started Fighting: 12 Mar 2003
Realm: Nan Belegorn
Unit: Blood Vally Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Whatever kills the other person

grrr

Postby telanar » Sat May 14, 2005 12:41 pm

Hey, some of us don't have very good internet connections, and as a result, didn't get your message. I showed up on Friday evening at the originally posted location, spent the night in my car, then wound up driving home in the morning. Why couldn't you have gone and posted a notice at the old location, so that nobody would get confused? I just wasted $20 in gas, and had a miserable weekend because somebody in the planning department assumed that everyone has fast internet connections and checks them regularly. I checked the website to verify things on Wednesday when I was at the library. I thought that would be good enough, but it wasn't. I just wasted my weekend. Thanks a lot.
telanar
Bandit
Bandit

Realm: Beornve
Unit: Children of Nidhogr
Favorite Fighting Styles: Sword and Board

Postby Bodhi » Sun May 15, 2005 1:14 pm

while we apologize for the trouble and such Telenar, it must be known that some of us in Nan Belegorn didnt find out until late Friday afternoon so all of us were busy trying to do all this last minute stuff such as move an entire event. We should have put something up at the other park but in all honesty with everything going on we just kinda hoped that our telephone calls, emails, and webnotices would be enough.
Bodhi,
Final solution to all things needing final solutions.
Bodhi
Mercenary
Mercenary

Realm: High Spires
Unit: Horde

Postby Mekoot Rowan » Mon May 16, 2005 12:49 pm

telenar, I'm sorry that happened. I was truly afraid that at least one person would end up like that. I apologize profusely. We had to make the change last minute and were scrambling for what little warning we were able to give.
We should have had something at the first site, we had thought of this, but it became lost and forgotten in the shuffle.

Rowan the Apologetic
Murder Tundra Horde
Spike wrote:This is the funniest thing I've ever read on these boards and the rest of you are bad at things generally, too.

Tiberius Claudius wrote:I don't get cosplay. It's like a weekend-long Halloween in a hotel where everyone gets the herp, but there's no candy.
Mekoot Rowan
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 15 Oct 2001
Realm: Frozen North
Unit: Murder Tundra Horde
Favorite Fighting Styles: Southern Praying Mantis

Postby thrift » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:42 am

thrift

Return to Upcoming Events