Helping Coordinators

What's Coming Up?

Moderator: Belegarth: Forum Moderators

Helping Coordinators

Postby Izareth » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:04 pm

Event coordinators have a lot of work. I would like to suggest some ways everybody can do their part to help them.

TRASH
1) Trash will be generated, this is a given. When it is, please be equipped with trash bags to collect it.
2) When Trash cans have liners falling in, take a moment to pull them up so that they do not fall in the can and become covered in trash, this renders them useless.
3) Make a sweep to police your cabin/campground for trash right before you leave.
4) If you or a unit member has access to a work-type truck, you can volunteer it for trash transport.
5) BRING YOUR OWN FEAST GEAR!!!Cutting down on disposable plates and cups goes a long way toward lessening trash and cost.

ODD JOBS
1) Weapon check is a good place to volunteer your back for hit-testing, or to put stickers on weapons in the "passed" pile.
2) often times a Herald may need volunteers to run water out to fighters, helping the field to run, as well as helping keep everyone safely hydrated.
3) Trash pickup on the field has been incredibly good the last few events I've been to, great job on that one, keep it up.

With several events coming up, lets prove that we are the cleanest, most fun foam fighting organization out there!!!
Captain Izareth Voldranai ak ni Rered Naw
Horde LongFang
Dreng of Dead River
Hand of the Gods Clan
King of Deals
Viking Bastards. Your inferiority, our inspiration.
(\_/)
(O.o)
Izareth
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Kyrian » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:28 pm

Pet peeve of mine...

If you smoke, put your cigarette butts in the garbage or keep them with you until you have a chance to put them in a trash can. As a non-smoker, it really irks me when I have to pick up left behind cigarette butts. When we leave an event, it should look like we were never there.

Kyrian
"...change requires action, it doesn't just happen. Define your actions by how you think the game should be, not how the game is. The game will follow."--Big Jimmy
Kyrian
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 0- 8-1991
Realm: Andor
Unit: Clan of the Hydra
Favorite Fighting Styles: sword and board
florentine
archery
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Renell Calmcacil » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:05 pm

Kyrian,

I agree 100% with that one!!

And policing your camp area is really not very difficult. It makes things ever so much nicer when it is time to go home if there is not an entire
weekends/weeks worth of trash scattered everywhere!!
"If you let yourself be defined by any one moment, event, person or place in time, you eliminate yourself from all of the possibilities of eternity" Ronda McCaskey
Renell Calmcacil
Hero
Hero

Started Fighting: 0- 0-2001
Realm: Khador

Return to Upcoming Events